Z36 // By BobbaTea

Welcome to the Zoo ~ [HIATUS]

 

Hi guys!
This - very long xD - chapter is written by BobbaTea, which is the lovely person who created Samantha. That means it's also written in Sam's P.O.V and a lot better written than my chapters :)) Please give her lots of love. <3
Xx Miji~ 

 

~:~:~:~:~:~:~

 

Sometimes I worry about Heemin.

I worry on days when she's with a lot of people, having emotional problems or even when she goes on a date with Donghae.

Today, however, is not one of those days.

 

I smiled to myself as I walked down the hallway, heading back to the dressing room where I knew the Super Junior members would be after the show, but stopping when I happened to bump into someone. 

"Watch where you're going." Jessica Jung stood in front of me, flicking a piece of her fake blonde hair from her face. 

"My deepest apologies, sweetie." I smiled, exasperation dripping from my words. 

"And while you're at it, watch the attitude." She added, tilting her head in what I think she thought was a cute way, "It's a bit unattractive."

"Oh?" I raised an eyebrow, knowing that my self control was fading fast and I could accidentally punch her at any moment, "I'd rather be ugly on the outside than have an artificial face and be rotten on the inside."

She scoffed and waved a hand in my face, "You are so not worth my time."

"Yeah, yeah. Just get out of here before I break that face of yours." I muttered, shoving past her to get back into the dressing room. 

Now that my good mood was completely ruined, I felt bad walking in where everyone was still happy and excited from Hae's big love declaration for Heemin--I'd probably crush the vibe entirely. So I walked past the room and headed outside, tugging my coat tighter around me since the temperature seemed to have dropped significantly since I was last in the open air. 

"Sam? What are you doing out here?" 

I turned and gave a smile to the speaker, my bad mood melting away, "You do realize I could ask you exactly the same question right now."

"I asked you first." Siwon sent me his dimpled smile, squeezing me around the shoulders.

"I needed to get some fresh air?" I told him.

"You say it like it's a question."

"I did not." I protested, "I'm hungry."

"Then lets go and eat."

 

We sat in a little ramen shop not far from the studio, on opposite sides of the table, though our knees brushed underneath it. 

Curse him for being so damn tall. 

"So are you going to tell me why you were really outside?" Siwon asked, chewing a slice of beef slowly.

"You can't tell Heemin. I have to tell her." I told him, pointing a chopstick at his nose, "I ran into Jessica on my way to the dressing room."

"Oh." He knew what that meant, but he sent me a playful smile, "Did she get out okay?"

"Hey. I don't beat up everyone that annoys me." I said.

He wiggled those insane eyebrows of his, "Really now?"

"Yes, really now! I'm not beating you up even though you're irritating me." 

Siwon just shook his head with a chuckle and continued to eat his noodles, "I believe you."

And then, his knee rested up against mine. 

I pulled away, thinking it was just an accidental touch, following the etiquette of person space rules--but Siwon's jaw suddenly tightened. And it wasn't because he was chewing.

After a moment (that seemed more like an hour) of deliberation, I finally decided to screw etiquette and gently settled my knee against his again.

The tension in Siwon's body melted as his leg slid further under the table and he pressed his knee against my thigh firmly.

Hello. I did mean to do that. It's nice to feel you.

I shivered at the contact--not because of the cold--but because of the sheer excitement dancing it's way up my spine. 

Siwon's touch intoxicated me. Despite the fact that I was still only newly single. 

I didn't know what else to do besides act like I was still interested in my food, all the while gently rubbing the length of my leg against his, the material of our jeans making a shuffling noise as we did so.

A nagging voice in the back of my head began to interrupt the moment. But what was it telling me?

Tabia. 

Tabia. 

Tabia?!! 

How could I forget? Isn't there something going on between her and Siwon? And I'm shamelessly pressing my body parts against him without a second thought?

Some friend I turned out to be. 

I pulled my leg away and Siwon finally found his voice, "Sam I--"

"Don't. Don't talk." I cut him off, holding up a finger, "You need to answer something for me first."

He looked a little surprised, but nodded nonetheless. 

"Don't you have something going on with Tabia?" I blurted out.

Siwon's eyebrows shot up so high they could have hit his hairline. 

"I mean, do you remember what Heemin said if you hurt her?" I blabbered on, "I'm only newly single. And what does any of this even mean? The touching under the table. And what if Tabia still likes you? I'd be outright stealing a friend's boyfriend or whatever you guys are and I don't want to do that..."

He was stunned.

I muttered quietly, "I don't want you to be a rebound guy."

Agonized by the silence, I chewed my lip hard. Then he put his hand over mine on the table and squeezed it in a way that sent shivers running down my spine. 

"I'm not going to be the guy that forces you into anything. I enjoy your company, Sam. I like to watch you smile and laugh. More than I probably should, considering I haven't really dealt with the Tabia thing yet." He looked in my eyes, his brown orbs serious, "But I think you'll agree when I say that there's something between us. And it's not over yet."

 

--

 

It's not over yet.

Holy crap, what did that even mean?

I found myself on my apartment floor without even knowing how I got there, walking out of the elevator and reaching for the doorknob that was already unlocked. 

Heemin must be home already. 

I stepped inside and closed the door, flicking the latch before I pulled off the six inch studded heels I wore and sighed at the feeling of the cool wood of our floor under my aching feet. 

"Min, sweetie. Are you home alrea--oh." I rounded the corner into the living room and froze. But only momentarily, because the snarky side of me quickly took over, "Am I interrupting?"

Donghae sat on the couch, his body facing me, with Heemin half on his lap. Her neck was craned around as she studied me with a mixed of embarrassment and irritation on her face. 

After all, I had just interrupted.

"So, uh, awkward hellos aside..." I suddenly turned all serious, "I really need to talk to you, Heemin."

I think it was the look on my face that convinced her, because in record time Donghae was shoved out the door and she was already setting a bowl of rice porridge on the table for me. 

"So... What happened?" She asked, and I delved into a long story of my past two hours. 

 

--

 

The next day was awkward. 

Usually I'd get up and roll over to check my phone, mostly to see what time it was and whether Junsu had sent me a text to say goodmorning or ask if we would hang out that day. 

But that had changed. A while ago now. My body was still accustomed to it, I supposed. 

In any case, I rolled and rolled until I found a position comfortable enough and fell back into a light sleep. 

 

"Oof." I writhed as someone sat on top of me, "Yah, Monkey. Get off."

"How dare you talk to me that way?" 

I groaned, "You're even worse."

"I came up just to see you and this is how you treat me?" Heechul pinched my cheek and stretched it, "So horrible."

"Yah! Heechul! I want to sleep some more!" I grumbled, slapping his hand away.

"More? It's almost midday!" My irritating brother mumbled, "You lazy ."

"Hey, I'm in no mood to be up right now." I said, rolling over anyway and hauling myself out of the bed. 

Heechul rolled his eyes and nudged me, "You're acting really weird lately."

"Am I still considered to be on rebound?" I asked, tilting my head.

"Rebound? What, from Junsu?"

"Who else have I been going out lately?" I sighed.

"Okay, sorry." Heechul looked to be considering his answer, "No. I don't think you're still on rebound."

"But it hasn't been that long since we broke up."

"But you don't spend every moment pining for him." He pointed out, "Most girls who would be considered to be on 'rebound' would be looking for someone to fill the hole left behind. From what I see, you're looking for someone to start the rest of your life with."

I nodded and then smiled up at him, "Since when did you become the love guru?" 

"I have no idea." He shrugged and grinned back at me, "But I do know you need to get up and get out. Go do something a girl your age would."

I laughed and pulled out a few things from my wardrobe, "Okay. Get out, would you?"

 

--

 

Heemin and I had decided to go out with Donghae and Hyukjae later that day. Since most of the members were either on a schedule or far too lazy to get up and go outside.

It had turned out to be a really nice day, and we didn't want to waste it. 

"Lets go get ice cream." I suggested as the two Super Junior boys pulled on hats and slipped on their sunglasses. 

"We could eat it in the park!" Donghae grinned, looking at us excitedly.

"That sounds nice... Spend some quality time together~" Hyukjae smiled lazily, sliding his arm over my shoulders, "I miss my roomie."

"Yah. Hands off." I rolled my eyes, shrugging off his arm with a chuckle, "We should get going before the sun goes down."

Heemin nodded and took Donghae's hand, dragging him out the dorm while we all followed. 

 

"One strawberry, one peanut butter, one chocolate and one vanilla please." Hyukjae ordered, handing his cash to the ice cream parlor clerk. 

"I want a large one, did you get me a large one?" Donghae whined, tugging his best friend's shirt. 

"Yes, I got us all large. Shut up." The Monkey said, prodding Hae's forehead with a finger. 

"I was just asking..." The younger of the pair said, waddling back over to Heemin and she kissed his head.

"Don't bother the grumpy anchovy." She said, sticking her tongue out at Eunhyuk. 

"Is that Super Junior's Donghae?" Someone suddenly said, "And Eunhyuk?"

Oh . 

"Who are those girls?" Another piped up.

"That must be that Katie girl and 2PM Junsu's ex-girlfriend!" The first person said, tugging out a phone from their pocket. 

"Yah, I have a name." I said, grumpy to hear my ex's name brought up.

Hyukjae handed me my ice cream and turned to the two people, "If you don't mind, we're trying to have a nice time out together, so please leave us alone."

The girls nodded and blushed at Eunhyuk. They backed off and left the store. 

"Wow. Hyukkie, you handled that really well." I said, stuffing a spoonful of my creamy ice treat into my mouth.

"You don't think they'll come back, though?" Heemin said, "There could be more people that would recognize you two."

"We'll be fine when we reach the park." Hae reassured her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and pulling her in for a short kiss. 

"Can we not do this out here after what just happened, please?" Hyukjae and I stared at the two blankly.

Heemin blushed and Donghae just grinned, "Let's go then!"

 

We walked for a while, snacking on our ice creams until we reached the park and sat down in a pretty deserted spot, where we shared the different flavours around and laughing about stupid things. 

It was starting to get dark when Hae suddenly suggested we crash at Siwon's for takeout. 

"I want pizza! But like... Good pizza. It has to be good." Hyukjae said, flopping down his arm to rest it over my shoulders and this time I let him. 

"We'll order Chinese." Heemin said, "That's easier and it's right around the corner."

"Fine. Good Chinese." Hyukjae blew air into his cheeks, leading us through the building Siwon lived in to his door. 

"Siwon-ah!" Donghae called as he rung the doorbell. 

It opened seconds later and there stood Siwon in tracksuit pants. 

Only tracksuit pants. 

Heemin's face went bright red and I felt myself flush with heat. Hyukjae rolled his eyes.

"Yah. Put on some clothes."

Siwon bit his lip, glancing over at me, "I didn't know you brought Sam and Min-ah with you. Sorry."

"It's okay, just put on a shirt." Donghae flashed an annoyed look as we walked inside. 

 

An hour later we had polished off seven boxes of various Chinese foods and had cleared Siwon's fridge of all the sweets he owned. 

We sat around the television, Siwon and myself watching reruns of 'Strong Heart', Heemin and Donghae were supposed to be watching too, but they were caught up in themselves and then Hyukjae sat on the floor with Siwon's laptop balancing on his knees. 

Everything was nice and calm until Hyukjae suddenly called out to me.

"Sam... You might want to come and look at this."

Reluctantly, I got up off the couch and say down beside the Monkey, peering at the computer screen. 

My heart sunk. 

 

'Super Junior's Eunhyuk dating 2PM Junsu's ex?'

 

Underneath the caption was several pictures from today in the park. There was one with Hyukkie and I sitting together, one of him feeding me some of his ice cream, one of the four of us and then one when we were on our way to Siwon's and he had his arm over my shoulders. 

"Not again." I mumbled, reading some of the comments underneath. 

"Sam, don't read those." Heemin said, staring at me with wide eyes. 

It was too late for that though. And each word I read hit me like a bomb was going off in my chest. 

What a tramp.

She's dating another star?

She's just around.

What a .

A . That's what Junsu had called me... He said I acted like one. 

I looked at the pictures again. Maybe I am a ? Maybe I am just around?

"Hey... Sam." I blinked and found that tears had been sliding down my cheeks, Hyukjae was staring at me, "Are you crying?"

I stood up, "I'm going for a walk."

 

And with that, I headed out of Siwon's apartment.