Z27

Welcome to the Zoo ~ [HIATUS]

 

We went to the deck Sam found me on earlier and looked out in the dark sea with two metres between us. I could feel my heart pound really hard against my chest. Should I start? As I turned against him he turned against me.

“Donghae I-”

“Heemin I-”

Just like the movies.

“Yo-you first…” I mumbled. Sam had asked me to listen. Now I would listen. He widened his eyes.

“M-me?” I nodded and sent him a tiny smile.

“Y-yeah… I… I left without l-listening to you but… but I will listen now… I…” I bit my lip and nodded. He hesitated but then took a big mouthful air and stepped closer to him so I wouldn’t miss a single word.

“I… I honestly didn’t kiss her,” he whispered, “I… I went to talk to her. About what she said to you in Tokyo and then… then suddenly she… I know it sounds stupid but I got pissed at her since she acted innocent and aegyoish… so I pushed her against the wall and then the doo opened and she attacked my lips and… it’s so stupid… it sounds like I make it up but I swear…”

“If me and Jessica both were in need of a kidney and only you could donor… who would you give yours to then?” Okay… so unromantic. Go Heemin, I swear. I’m so stupid… but it was the first thing I thought of. It was how my parents fell in love actually – they didn’t knew each other before my dad needed a kidney and my mum was a donor. And then they met and fell in love…

Donghae didn’t even hesitated to answer.

“You… if I should donor a kidney I would like it to be to someone I loved and cared about… and after all this, I just don’t care about her anymore, even though we’ve been friends for a long time… so you…” Looking into his eyes as he said that. He didn’t look away, he didn’t hesitated, he didn’t seem afraid to answer. He seemed honest.

“If you then… were in the situation where I… hypotrically… asked you to forgive me for leaving like that and take me back… would you then… hypotrically say yes?” Donghae widened his eyes. He gaped.

“I… hypotrically?” I nodded. His face widened up in a smile as he hugged me tight and swung me around.

“Yes… yes I would! Thank you Heemin…” I shook my head as I buried my head in his neck.

“No… thank you…” I mumbled.

 

Somehow we ended up on the stairs near the loungue the memberes were in and talked.

“Heemin? Who is… who is that guy you’re singing with? What is your relationship?” Donghae asked. I looked surprised at him and smiled by the jealous glimp in his eyes.

“Matty? He is gay Donghae. My best friend here beside the twins but gay. We like to fool around like a couple sometimes but there is nothing serious in it. I met his boyfriend not long ago and he is seriously a great guy. And they’re so sweet together!” Donghae looked very surprised by that. I chuckled and squeezed his hand.

“So… I don’t need to fear getting you taken away by him?” he asked. I shook my head and got up as the music in the lounge changed to one of my favorite tracks.

“No you don’t… now, may I have the next dance?” I took on my best british accent and Donghae got up with a grin.

“Of course you may miss… the dancefloor is this way!” I giggled as I let him drag me inside the loungue, right past the members and my friends who were staring in shock at us and out on the dancefloor. Donghae spun me around before pulling me in with a smile.

People who just watched us wouldn’t think that we hadn’t talked for months and just made up less than an hour ago. It should be awkward between us, right? It just wasn’t. It was like we never separated… maybe because we never really fought. I just left…

“The members are starring,” Donghae whispered as he again spun me around, “shall we avoid the for the rest of the night?” I smiled and brought my head upclose to his so they were an inch away and nodded slightly.

“Sounds fun~ Donghee will kill us both but…” Donghae smiled and pecked my nose.

“Then… can I sleep with you tonight? I’m sharing room with your cousin~” My face heated up by his question but I nodded.

“Y-you can… but the workers cabins aren’t very large, nor luxurious… you have been warned~” Donghae grinned and now pecked my lips.

“As long as you’re there~” he said cheesy. I hit his chest.

“Mushy!” I mumbled.

 

Right after the dance, Donghae grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the loungue before anyone could stop us.

“Show me the way to your cabin,” he said, making me laugh.

“ert,” I teased but brought him to the stairs that only showed the way to our cabins. On the way I had the (unfortune) luck to meet no other than the captain.

“Shin Katie?” he said. I stopped and bowed respectfully, Donghae did so too.

“Yes sir,” I said and smiled. He looked at Donghae.

“Who is this? One of our waiters or what?” I bit my lip and shook my head.

“My… my boyfriend sir. I’m just going to show him my cabin,” I tried to send him a cute smile and, weird enough, it actually worked.

“Ouh, you have a boyfriend? Lovely, lovely!” … I think our captain was a tiny bit of drunk, “you take good care of our star-performer!” he poked Donghae in the chest before he said goodbye and left. Donghae stared after him.

“Who-?” I giggled and pulled him with me.

“The captain himself. A bit drunk I guess,” I smiled, “if he weren’t, I don’t know how he would react to you coming with me to the cabin, honestly…” Donghae chuckled. We came to the cabin and I quickly got us inside and closed the door behind us.

“I… I’ll go to the bathroom,” I said and Donghae nodded as he sat down on my bed. I went out there and splashed some water in my face. Okay… this night had been better than I thought it would. Heck, I was back in a relationship with Donghae and everything! But, my cousin would for sure hate me for ignoring him the whole night… had to make it up to him tomorrow. I got out of the bathroom again and froze. Donghae sat with the album I’d looked in with Matty last night… and the jewelry from him. He looked up at me, a tear rolling down his cheek but a really happy smile.

“You… you kept this,” he whispered. I nodded slowly and went to him.

“I… I wore it when I came here… I forgot I had it,” I whispered, “and I couldn’t trash it, so… I… yeah…” Donghae smiled happily and brushed his fingers over the jewelry.

“I’m happy you kept it…” Just as he whispered that it knocked on the door. I bit my lip, got up and went to open. Outside stood Matty with a smile.

“I don’t want too many noises tonight. I want a proper sleep!“ he winked and I blushed madly and hit his chest.

“Yah! Go to bed!” I whined. Donghae stood by my side immediatlty though he wouldn’t be able to communicate with Matt.

“Everything okay?” he asked in korean. I nodded.

“Yeah… he is just saying goodnight,” I smiled and looked at Matt,  “goodnight Matty. I’ll see you tomorrow!” Matt laughed and nodded.

“You too, you too!” He went to his cabin next door and I closed mine.

“What did he say?” Donghae asked. I blushed lightly.

“Not uhm… not too many noises,” I mumbled. Now Donghae also blushed.

 

I think he thought I was sleeping, judging that he suddenly started whispering to me…

“Heemin ah? Thank you for listening… for taking me back thoug I let her kiss me… I promise that you won’t regret it, not ever…” he pressed his lips against my forehead as he kept mumbling, “I feel like the luckiest guy alive right now… having you in my arms again… I’m so happy…” I cuddled closer to him and smiled a bit against his chest. He wasn’t the only lucky one here… I don’t think I would have taken me back honestly… not after all I’d put him through. Running away all the time… That moment… that moment in his arms… At that moment I promised myself one thing.

Next time I saw that girl Jessica, she would regret messing with me.

Shin Heemin had changed.

 

A/N: WEEEEE! They are now back together! :D
- But that doesn't mean everything is party and cake. Heemin still has her contract!
Oh well :) Thinking that Shindong will kill Donghae after this? xD