Z13

Welcome to the Zoo ~ [HIATUS]

 

What happened then isn't something I know how to explain. The happines that overtook the sadness in his eyes and the way he then hugged me with a sudden devotion... It was really nice actually. And he seemed honestly happy that I liked him back.

We stood like that for a while. Just hugging and looking at each other. It first broke as I started shaking a bit.

"Are you freezing?" he asked and looked down at me, "why aren't you wearing shoes? Are you trying to get sick?!" I smiled a bit and shook my head.

"I just needed some air and forgot... B-but I am freezing a bit..." I bit my lip. He let go of me with one arm and gently held the other around me.

"Let's get inside then..." he smiled.

 

We sat on the stairs in the building without saying anything. We couldn't be in his dorm since all the members would be there and if we went to mine, the girls would watch over us.

"Heemin ah? What... what are we now?" Donghae asked and broke the silence. I looked at him.

"Us? W-we're..." Dating? Boyfriend and girlfriend? What were we? What should I answer?

"Hae? Donghae, where are yooooou?!" A sudden half-singing Eunhyuk sounded from the rooftop. I looked at Donghae.

"I-if he finds us... I just... Can we keep it a secret a bit?" I asked, "I'm not ready for my family..." he nodded.

"Take your ti-"

"Hae? Heemin? Why are you sitting here?" Eunhyuk had opened the door and looked down at us. I sank.

"U-uhm..."

"Heemin just comforted me..." Donghae said, "she knows how it feels and all..." Oh right. Anniversary... I nodded and smiled a bit. Eunhyuk came down and sat beside Donghae on the other side.

"Teukie hyung said something about a toast for him. Your father I mean.... Wanna come now?" Donghae nodded and we got up.

"I'll get the girls then," I said, "I'm sure they would like to be there too~"

 

"Done thinking?" Shannah asked with a wink as I entered.

"We're going to toast for Donghae's father," I said and ignored her, "wanna come?" Sam got up immediately.

"I will!" Tabia and Shannah also got up and nodded.

"Us too," they said in unison. I smiled a bit as we all went out. Donghae-case forgotten for a while.

For them.

Not for me.

I still had no idea about what to do! I liked him, he liked me... Did that mean we were in a relationship? Before I knew, we sat in the living room in one of the dorms, each with a glass in our hands. Most with alcohol but also some with soda. Donghae caught my gaze and smiled a bit to me. It was obvious that he was sad but tried not to show it to everyone here. I lifted my glass, not breaking the eye contact.

"For Mr. Lee," I said quietly. It felt like the others were miles away as they repeated me, and Leeteuk afterwards added something. We all drank a bit and then someone talked to Donghae and got me pulled back to reality. I looked down as I felt my face heat up and tried to control my heart-beating.

"Heemin ah!" Sungmin dumped down beside me, "you look startled!" I looked surprised at him and then tried to control my face.

"O-ouh... I just..." I took a deep breath, "never mind. I'm a bit affected by the atmosphere..." He nodded.

"Quite understandable. You've been through the same~ and that's with bo-" he stopped. I nodded and smiled a bit.

"Yeah... I talked to Hae ealier about... About it and such~" I bit my lip. Sungmin looked after thinking at me.

"Heemin, isn't your parents anniversary nearing?" he then asked, surprising me.

"I-it is! How did you know?" I asked. He smiled a bit.

"I just remembered that it was around this time at year. It was also the first time I met you~ I going home with Shindong hyung..." I bit my lip.

"I actually don't really remember that... I only remember meeting you short before Julliard..." he nodded.

"Understandable... You were still in shock back then and all-"

"Heemin, Heemin! You gotta see something, nauw!" Shannah came and pulled me up. Surprised I just let her and followed, looking back at Sungmin who chuckled before turning to Leeteuk.

"Girl, what is it?!" I asked when I finally seemed to think that I was being pulled.

"Okayokay... Tabia disappeared after the toast and since I was talking to Sam and trying to talk to her brother I didn't really realize, but then my twin-dar made me and I started to look for her and-" she took a deep breath, giving me a second to find up and down in the blabber, "-and then I found her in one of the rooms, kissing one of the members!" Now I widened my eyes.

"Tabia what?!" I asked, "and who?!" It couldn't be Sungmin since I just talked to him. Not Leeteuk since I just left Sungmin to talk to him. Heechul wouldn't it be either since Shannah said she talked to him before. And I really didn't hope it was Donghae...

Okay, I don't remember anybody else in the living room.

"Simon? Siron?" Shannah said and stopped in front of Ryeowook's room.

"SIWON?!" I exclaimed. Tabia and Siwon? Really?!

"Yeah him! The buff actor-dude with good abs!" she said. I widened my eyes even more.

"And they're in there?!" I asked. She nodded and opened the door slightly. Both Siwon and Shannah sat down, Siwon at Ryeowook's bed and Shannah at the chair by his keyboard. They were both blushing and I saw that Tabia avoided my gaze. They probably heard me yell Siwon’s name before.

"Taaaaab?" Shannah said. Tabia got up and pulled her sister out of the room, leaving me with Siwon.

Okay, let me tell you something.

Since the first photoshoot where I almost saw the guy , I'd had had the hardest time talking to him. I always avoided being with him alone or sitting beside him in the van. Always.

"Uhm..." I started awkwardly. He rubbed his neck.

"Heemin-ssi..." he hesitated, "can you please... I don't think anyone... I don't know what happened there, honestly..."

"Do you like her?" I blurted out. That was what mattered right now. We could deal with other things later on. Siwon hesitated.

"I... I guess, yes?" he said nervously.

"You guess? Siwon-ssi, if my friend has feelings for you after this and you ditch her, I won't care if you're a hallyu-star or not, araso?! Top actor, the top of the pop, member of Super Junior and friend of my cousin, I don't care at all, understand?!" I said. No shy Heemin when it came to friend's feelings. No.

"Heemin, I won't, okay? She is leaving tomorrow so I don't think there would be anyth-"

"So she was a one-timer?! I didn't think you were like that mister!" I poked his chest just as the door opened and Donghae, Eunhyuk, Sam and Heechul entered.

"What is going on?!"

"Why are you yelling?"

"What are you two doing?!"

I looked against them and saw Donghae's eyes. I sank.

"Someone might to explain?" Sam asked. I shook my head and looked at Siwon.

"You hurt her, you'll regret. Just remember that." I said. Then I left without looking at anybody. I wanted to find the twins and ask Tabia about it too. How she felt about this.

"Heemin, wait!" Donghae had run after me and stopped me. I turned against him.

"Can we talk later?" I asked, "I have to find the twins and-"

"Who is it he might hurt? One of the twins?" he asked. I nodded slowly.

"Later... Okay?" now he nodded and I was about to turn when he pulled me in for a hug.

"Thank you..." he mumbled down in my hair. Then he let go of me and went to the bathroom two steps away. I looked at the now closed door.

"You're welcome...?" I whispered.

 

"Do you think that you have remembered everything?" Sam asked as we were lifting the twins' suitcases in the back of Heechul's car. They nodded.

"Think so," Shannah said, "or else Heemin can send it to our mum or something. Right Min-ah?" I nodded and laughed. The 'ah'-adding had she learnt from Sam last night and since then, she didn't call me anything else than 'Min-ah'.

"Have you talked to Siwon?" I asked Tabia as we sat in the van. She nodded.

Last night she told me that it went overboard. She liked him, yes, but she knew that it never could be anything.

"What did he say?" Shannah asked and fastened her seatbelt.

"That it was okay but we could keep in touch if I wanted to. I got his mail," she showed her phone, "I just don't know if I should write him or not..." We sat for a while and talked about it but as it moved further to other small talks, I dazed away. I hadn't had time to talk to Donghae since last night. I saw him this morning as the twins were saying goodbye but with people around I didn't even dare to talk to him, stupidly thinking that the others would know as soon as I said good morning. I had had time to think about it last night though. I liked the thought of being with him and to one day be able to say that I was his girlfriend... I wouldn't mind that, honestly. But how could I say that to him? 'HI Donghae, I've been thinking. Mind if I call myself your girlfriend?' I don't think so.

"We're here~" Sam sang as she parked the car in front of Incheon airport. I woke up from my Donghae-daze and looked at the twins. It was already time to say goodbye now, and who knew when we would be able to see each other again? With their nine months straight on the cruise before their first vacation?

We got out of the car, took the suitcases and started walking to the entrance. I linked arms with both of the twins and pulled them close.

"Okay dancers. If you dare to change me with some random chick on the boat, I'll never talk to you again, okay?!" they both chuckled and nodded.

"Okay miss Shin," Tabia beamed, "and if you start dating that fish or anybody else we have to know. If not, there will be some serious troubles coming up, okay?!" I nodded, hoping that I didn't seem nervous by that.

"I'll mail you as soon as I get them together. I promise," Sam said from Shannah's other side. They laughed.

"Good. We'll cheer for you to succeed," Tabia said, making me blush.

"Yah, you three!!" I exclaimed, "behave!" They all laughed.

We reached the boarding station and stopped. The twins put down their suitcases and looked at me and Sam.

"Thank you so much for having us these three days," Shannah started, "it has been really fun to finally come here, meet the Juniors and have fun!" Tabia nodded in agreement.

"If you plan on going to the States, give us a call. Even though we aren't there I'm sure mama will let you stay at our place, okay?" I laughed and nodded.

"I'm going to miss you girls," I beamed before hugging both tight.

"You too Min-ah, you too..." Shannah kissed my cheek, "go and find out what you wanna do in your life now. And who you wanna spend it with, 'kay?"

"I'll help her with that," Sam said. I chuckled and let go of the girls so they could say goodbye to Sam too.

"Great... And next time, we have to meet this Junsu-guy!" Shannah laughed. Sam nodded with a smile.

"Of course... Now, we can't have you missing your plane, can we? They're calling the second time!" The twins nodded and looked at eachother.

"Right. We'll mail when we have boarded the ship!" Tabia said and hugged me a last time, "take care!"

 

A/N: HAVE YOU SEEN THAT AMAZING POSTER I'VE GOTTEN?!?! If not, do so. I seriously love it <3