Where is Jaejoong?

SM Entertainment: Secret Star Society [Finally off hiatus!]

 

*Applause* *Applause*

 

The MNET crowd cheered as Super Junior exited the stage.  Just like the veterans they were, they performed y, Free and Single just as amazing as everything else.  They were ready to go to their house and crash, only needing to wake up the next morning and head to training.  Three of the guys weren’t so lucky however, being Kangin, Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk were still on guard duty at the SM gymnasium.  They were completely beat from the performances but a job was a job.  They headed back to the gym as the rest of the members headed to bed.  Noriko helped clean up the costumes strewn around the dressing rooms and made sure to clean any messes the men had made.  She watched MBLAQ leave as well, them looking as if they were headed out for somewhere fun.  She was tempted to ask where they were going but decided it would be best to let them be.  As she finished cleaning, she grabbed her cell phone out of her pocket and turned it on.  She kept it off the entire time to ensure there were no interruptions if her assistance was needed.   She noticed she had a missed call.  She listened to the voicemail.

“Hey, it’s Junichiro.  I was just wondering what happened today.  Training felt weird with you not there.  Call me back if you get a chance.”

Noriko checked the time.  He called her around 8 PM and it was almost 10.  She sent him a quick text.

“Are you still awake?”

He was quick to respond.

“Yes, playing a game with a friend.”

She replied.

“I would like to chat with you in person.  I’ll stop by.  Be there soon.”

She hurried to her car and drove back to SM studio, then headed to the trainee dorms. 

**

“Really?  I lost again?” Junichiro threw his controller to the floor in frustration.

“Told you I was good,” Taiki cockily remarked.  After introducing himself at a lunch break, Taiki decided to immediately expand his friendship with Junichiro.  Junichiro being open to making friends accepted the offer of having a video game night.  The next day was a Friday and he didn’t expect training to be too crazy for that reason.  After that, he would have the entire weekend off to relax and rest.  He was in the mood for some Street Fighter battles, which in turn, he was at horribly. 

“Another round?” Taiki questioned, stretching out his hands.

“Oh, you’re on!” Junichiro readied his controller.  No matter how terrible he was, he never turned down a challenge. 

*Knock Knock*

“One minute,” he faintly called as he button mashed, hoping to land a hit.  He couldn’t seem to land anything.  The first round ended.  Start of the second round, he blocked, hoping an opening would appear.  Yet again, he failed miserably.  Losing two rounds in a row, Taiki won another match.  Junichiro hopped up to answer the door.

“Seonbae?” He was rather relieved to see her.

“Sorry I haven’t been in touch all day,” she felt calm around his presence.  She could hear a game sound in the background and looked to see what it was.  She noticed Taiki sitting there.

“Is this a bad time?” Noriko asked.  Junichiro shook his head.

“Do you know Taiki?  He’s a fellow trainee.” 

Noriko scanned him quickly.  “Oh yeah, I think he was in my group the other day.  Nice to meet you,” she kindly greeted him.  Taiki gave her an evil glare then turned back to the game.  Noriko wasn’t sure how to respond to the rude gesture, so she just turned her attention back to Junichiro.

“Can I talk to you in private?” she quietly asked him, pointing somewhere down the hall.

“Sure,” Junichiro nodded.  “Hey Taiki, I’ll be right back.”  Junichiro left the room and shut the door behind him.  Noriko grabbed his hand to lead him somewhere private in the dorms.  She sighed.

“Is it something serious?” Junichiro had a concerned expression.  Noriko patted him on the shoulder.

“I got in trouble for last night.  Of course, it was dumb of me to put you in danger.” 

“No, you didn’t know it would happen,” he tried to console her. 

“Well, I promise to protect you better and to not do a stunt like that until you are trained and ready.” 

Junichiro smiled.  “It’s okay Seonbae, I forgive you.”  Noriko smiled back until she remembered what else he had to know.

“Well, the bad news is I’m banned from training.”

Junichiro’s jaw dropped.  “Really?  Just for not protecting me?”

“Something like that.  Don’t worry though, I trust you to do your best and you will easily make it to the top 10.  From there, you get instructors anyways.  I’ll probably be assigned other missions for now.” 

Junichiro felt bad.  “It won’t be as fun without you there.”

Noriko smirked.  “Training isn’t supposed to be fun,” she sarcastically remarked.  They both laughed quietly then Noriko’s expression turned serious again as she leaned in close to whisper.

“Someone spotted us in the woods the other night.  I don’t know who it is, but I feel they may be onto us.  Be careful of who you speak to.”  Junichiro nodded his head. 

“I promise I’ll be careful.”   Noriko checked around, noticing the area was still clear.  She took another breath.

“Well, you best get some sleep.  I got you in trouble for being out past curfew once.  I rather not do it again.”  They headed back to his room.  As he opened the door, they said goodnight.  Junichiro shut the door, sitting back down to play another game.  As he did this, Noriko grabbed her phone again and dialed Jaejoong, hoping she would get lucky to hear from him.

‘Modu da bye bye sarangdo
modu da bye bye~ ujeongdo
Feels like I’m ready (hey~!) No love I’m done with (ho~)
keutnabeorin sarangirago haedo malhal pilyo obtjanha’

“What’s that?” Junichiro asked, hearing the song play somewhere in the room.  Taiki reached in his pocket.

“Sorry,” he hurriedly silenced the sound.  “Was getting a phone call.  It’s nothing important.”  He shut off the phone and put it away.  He checked his surroundings for the sound of anyone else.  Hearing nothing, he decided to take a break from the game and have a discussion with Taiki. 

“So, that 2nd seat that stopped by,” he began.
“Oh yes, my Seonbae-nim.”  Junichiro replied.
“Well,” Taiki had a tone of disgust in his voice.  “You shouldn’t trust her.  From what I’ve heard, she’s probably trying to use you.  You probably wonder why there are three open slots in the squads.  From what I was informed, she is responsible for them disappearing.  But there’s no proof so they have yet to get rid of her.”

Junichiro was taken back.  “There’s no way she would do something like that.” 
“You think so?  Then explain to me why you were hurting the other night.”
Junichiro thought for a moment.  “How did you know about that?”
Taiki snapped back.  “I heard it from Changmin and Yunho hyungs today.  They said they wish she were just thrown out.  It would make the company a much better place.” 
Unsure of what to respond, Junichiro kept silent.  Taiki wanted to change the mood.  “Want to play again?”  He picked the controller back up.  Junichiro gave in.

**

Unable to get an answer from Jaejoong, Noriko decided to head up and visit Eunhyuk, Kangin and Kyuhyun oppas.  She never got a chance to ask them about their Shade battles the previous night.  Since she had yet to receive any missions, she figured it was alright if she stayed out late.  She arrived at the gym to see Kyuhyun asleep on Kangin’s shoulder.  Kangin was knocked out as well.  Eunhyuk stood there keeping a firm eye on the sky above.  He saw Noriko approach.

“Good evening,” his greeting was friendly.  She smiled and bowed her head,  taking a seat beside him.  He sat down as well.

“How are you holding up?” she asked.

“I’m just fine.  Those two however,” he pointed to Kangin and Kyuhyun, “they aren’t built for this type of night watch.  Kyuhyun needs his beauty sleep and Kangin is still getting used to being back in the squads.  I think it’s stupid how we have to do this for a month straight.”  Eunhyuk put his hands behind him and leaned back, stretching his body.

Noriko looked down at the ground.  “Did you hear about my punishment?”

Eunhyuk nodded.  “It wasn’t the smartest decision, but I believe you had your reasons.  I honestly can’t blame you for anything.”  It cheered Noriko up a bit.  She glanced over at Kyuhyun and Kangin, smiling at how cute they looked.  She turned her attention back to Eunhyuk.

“Did you guys see an abnormal amount of Shades last night?  There were over a dozen where I was guarding.” 

“I can’t say it was a crazy amount.  I mean, we had about that many here, but it was probably because the barrier was down.  There haven’t really been any tonight since the barrier has just about reformed.  What concerns me though is that they seem strong for low levels.”  Noriko listened intently.  “I’m sure you noticed it too.  There was something really strange about it.”  Noriko couldn’t agree more.

“I wonder what’s going on?” she thought outloud. 
“I’m not really sure,” Eunhyuk continued, “but I heard a report that Kai and Chanyeol got some strange readings in Pyeongtaek.  I wonder if that has anything to do with the increased numbers and power in Shades.
“Maybe since I’m not training they’ll send me out there tomorrow.”  Noriko gazed at the stars.  She followed the clouds, noticing a strange disturbance a bit East. 
“Do you see that?” she pointed.  Eunhyuk jumped to his feet and whipped out his sword.  “That’s definitely a Shade.”  Noticing the direction, Noriko hopped to her feet. 
“You know what? I can take care of them.  They are headed to the woods where I was yesterday.  I feel like I should finish the job.” 
Eunhyuk grinned.  “Go get ‘em,” he gave her a confident pat on the back and she quick stepped in the direction.  She was happy she kept her hilt with her. 

**

She arrived in the woods by the old theater, in a flash.  She could hear the cry of the Shade near her.  She formed her blade and kept her ears open for its direction.

“RRARRRRRAR” it cried.  It was behind her!  She was quick to turn and come face-to-face with the monster.  This one had an unusual shape to it.  Instead of being a free flowing robe, it had legs and a bulky torso.  It almost appeared to be slightly more human.  She had to finish the job in any case. 

The Shade charged at her, full speed ahead.  With just a few slashes, the Shade was murdered instantly.  She let her blade drip until it was empty, and then took a look at the area around her.  She was a bit farther out than she usually goes in those woods.  The nature was peaceful and quiet, and she remembered she could go that way to get home.  She didn’t mind her car sitting at the studio overnight.  She started taking a walk home, until she was stopped by a strange sound.

“Help.”
She could hear it very faintly.  She shut off the thoughts in her mind and listened for the sound again.
“Please help!” the voice got louder.  Perhaps she was getting closer to whoever was saying the words.  She continued in the direction of the voice.
“Please? Anyone?”  It was almost completely clear now.  She knew this had to be important.  She started checking the brush around her, hoping to pinpoint exactly where.
“Over here!” it said this time.  It was definitely close.  Her eyes scanned for any sign of life.  There were about a million trees around her, so maybe they were behind one.
“Where is ‘over here’?” She called back.  They had to be able to see her.
“To your right.”  Noriko shot her eyes in that direction.  In the darkness, she could make out someone’s foot on the ground.  She rushed over.  Running around the tree, she pulled out her cellphone to get some light to see the person.  It was Jaejoong!

“Jaejoong oppa!” she dropped to her knees to see his face up close.  Blood was dripping from his lip, his one eye was black and blue, there was a gash in the back of his head… he looked as if he had gone through hell in back.  She noticed his hands were tied to a rope around the tree and his feet were badly bruised.  Panicked, she ripped off a sleeve of her jacket and wrapped it around his head, setting it gently against the tree.

“What happened?” she wiped the blood of his lip with her shirt.
“I don’t really know.  I was headed out to meet you the other night and suddenly I was knocked out.”
“Who knocked you out?”  Noriko tried untying the rope.
“I couldn’t see their face.”  Jaejoong coughed up a little blood.  He was in horrid condition.  “All I know is that I’ve been here since last night and I know no one ever comes out here.  I’m really lucky you did of all people that could have.”  His voice was becoming raspy.  Noriko shushed him and focused on healing his wounds.
“Did you hear your cell phone ringing?  I kept trying to call.”
Jaejoong shook his head. “I think whoever knocked me out took it.”  Noriko checked his pockets.  There was no phone. 
“We need to get you out of here, asap.”  Noriko helped him to his feet.  He was wobbly but could hold his weight as long as he was propped up against something.  “I live nearby.”  Walking slowly, the two of them made it to Noriko’s apartment, only a short walk through the woods.  He was struggling to hold his consciousness as she got the door open.  Somehow, she managed to get him on her bed to inspect his wounds further.  She tossed her phone to him as she searched for her first aid kit.  “Let Junsu oppa know you’re here.  He can make up something for you for missing your drama filming.”  He obeyed.  Noriko grabbed a washcloth and started cleaning Jaejoong’s feet.  They were covered in cuts.  Whoever did this must have dragged him a long way.  She made sure to clean out all of his wounds and gave him pain relievers to help him relax. 
He got off the phone and closed his eyes, just wanting to rest. 
“I think someone is onto us,” he softly spoke, his voice almost disappearing.
“Let’s not meet there anymore,” Noriko agreed as she continued to be his nurse.  Eventually, he just fell asleep.  She lightly combed his hair with her fingers, hoping he would feel better the next day. 

“What’s happening?” she thought to herself.  She shut off her bedroom light and took herself to the living room couch.  Whatever the case, sleep was most important for the time. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crazyness right?  Feel free to leave comments :)