A Little Help from my Friends

SM Entertainment: Secret Star Society [Finally off hiatus!]

“Ahnyong hasayo,” Noriko called to the crew.  With Suho following her, they hurried to meet with Rain, A-Plus and Heechul in cat form, standing in an open spot somewhere on the outer ring of the military base.  After A-Plus had visited them, she called them that evening and let them know where the barrier was broken.  She informed them that the next morning at 9 AM they were meeting at the designated spot.  It was now that time.
“Good morning, are you feeling well today?”  A-Plus was the first to greet them back. 
“I’m doing well.  I stayed in last night while Suho was on Shade watch.”
“Well since we’re doing this in the daylight, today will probably consist of mostly waiting around.  So luckily, you can ease back from recovery.” 

“Shall we get started?” Rain asked.  Everyone nodded. “Heechul?”
Heechul acknowledged the mention.  He pranced around on his paws in a circle, looking for something.  He wandered over to a tree down the line a bit from the group and climbed it then balanced himself out on a branch.
“Where did you go…” he muttered, throwing his paw around in the open air.  He went further down the branch, keeping steading until he got to the end.  He reached his paw out and scratched an invisible surface.  “There you are!” 

*Scratch scratch*

A clear huge thick glasslike dome started materializing over the entire base.  It shown colors like a rainbow until the surface became solid.  Heechul tapped against it.  “It’s ready.”  The group saw the gigantic hole in the dorm only a few steps in front of them. 
“I wonder how they broke through this,” Rain remarked, moving his hand over the shattered edges.  Heechul leaped from the tree landing squarely on all fours and strutted over to the scan the damages.  An orb formed around his paw to check for data. 
“There’s no spirit magic trace whatsoever.”
“Wow, when was the last time they scanned for that?” A-Plus questioned.
“Before I ever got into the army,” Rain stated.  “This is going to be a lot of work.”  Rain took a few steps back and readied his ninja stars in hand and shot them all around the edges of the hole.  A glowing aura shined in the blank space.  “A?”  She nodded and got her bow and arrow ready.  She traced the arrows with her fingers muttering a spell.
“Watch out,” she told Suho and Noriko to keep behind her and not move.  “Setting cloak in 3..2...” she fired off her arrows quickly to four spots around them, encaging the group and the massive hole in the wall.  A magic box formed enclosing them and making them invisible to the outside world.  The dome went back to its invisible state anywhere outside of the cube.  Heechul transformed into his human form.
“Gah!” Everyone shouted, quickly covering their eyes. 
“Heechul, seriously?” A-Plus reprimanded him.  “You’re in public.”  Heechul laughed, skipping over to the backpack he had brought with him.  He pulled out a pair of shorts and threw them on.  Everyone took a sigh of relief. 
“You guys don’t let me have any fun,” he teased.  He went back to standing in front of the gap.  He raised his hands.  “I’ll work on restoring some spiritual energy while you guys reconstruct that.”  Rain and A-Plus and discussed the job at hand while Suho and Noriko took seats on the ground, waiting to do something.  After several minutes A-Plus approach the two with a plan. 
“You guys have water abilities right?” She asked.  They nodded.  “Is there any way either of you could form a water blockade in place of that hole?”
“Yeah I’m sure we could manage that,” Noriko responded.  “Although, how will that help?”
“If you could fill that entire thing I could shoot an arrow and freeze it into place.  From that we can form the shape around it easier and finish much faster than we expected.”     
“Sounds like a great plan.”  They stood up and walked to the gap.  Noriko went through, meeting Heechul on that other side.  “Am I in your way?”  He shook his head, concentrating on the magic beam he was controlling through his motions.  Noriko took her hilt from her back pocket and raised it up.  “I’m sorry I haven’t used you in a few days,” she apologized to her sword.  “Please do your best.”  Her blade fabricated to existence.  The water was buzzing at an accelerated rate trying to maintain its sharpness.  Meanwhile, Suho stayed on the other side cocking his guns and steadying his aim. 
“Ready when you are,” he called from his side.  A-Plus watched from a few steps behind Suho, preparing her arrow with an ice spell.  Rain was supervising.  Noriko held her blade straight and upright in front of her.  Her expression was stern from concentration as she held the sword in place with one hand while touching the very tip of her blade with the other.  She closed her eyes and began to recite an incantation.

Water of the heavens
Create a shield
To protect the innocent
And keep out the evil
Water barrier, go!’

A curtain of water rained from her blade, blasting right into the open space.  Suho fired his guns, countering the pressure of the curtain with his furious water bullets.  He alternated guns, firing with one hand while reloading with the other each time.  “Reloading,” he shouted every time he switched, signaling Noriko to pull back her attack.  The water from each of them seemed to be in a tug of war battle, trying to equalize right in the center.  A-Plus focused, equipping to fire once the sides were even.  She found the perfect opportunity.

“Firing now!” She called out.  Her first arrow ripped through the air hitting the power spot of the attacks, freezing it almost instantly.  She swiftly pulled another arrow out of her quiver and onto the bow.  She hit five other spots around the main area to stop the water movement.  Noriko and Suho withdrew.  Rain was quick to take over, taking a few more ninja stars out and chopping off the arrows.  The tips were the only part that needed to be held in place.  Now that the gap was blocked with ice, Noriko was stuck on the side with Heechul.  Heechul slightly turned his head to her to speak.
“Since you’re here, keep an eye out behind me.  We shouldn’t have any issues with mock Shades but that’s how this barrier broke in the first place.”
“Did someone take care of them yet?”
“We checked out everything last night and it was clear but you never know.” 
“Okay, I’ll keep behind you.” 

“Hey, what should I do?” Suho asked Rain.
“Know any spiritual protection spells?”
“Well I…” he hesitated, “Siwon hyung taught me a bit but I’m not perfect with it.”
“I’m sure you’ll be fine.  When A and I are working on solidifying and sealing this, can you throw a protection spell over this?”
“Yeah, no problem.” 

Rain pulled out a dagger knife with a steel ball and chain and swung it in front of him.  He sharpened his blade against a blade sharpener on his side.  He inspected the edge and whispered something to his blade.  It turned a shimmering blue, seemingly charging to regenerate the barrier.  A-Plus was busy marking out a perimeter.  They were ready in no time.
“I hope you can hold that spell for a while,” Rain commented.  Suho took a breath and brought his hands in front. 
“I’ll do my best.” 

Rain stood in the position to launch his blade.  “Once I throw this, cast it.”  He instructed.  A-Plus approached the frozen bit, keeping her eyes on Rain.  “Let’s go.” 

***

The second day of advanced training was going on in the Secret Star Society.  None of the recruits were eliminated from the day before because of the notes on each recruit’s performance being destroyed through the Michiko battles.  Many of the trainees were relieved that they got a second chance while a few were a bit annoyed.  The order was repeated from the previous day.  Junichiro had already completed his second day battle and was waiting in the gym like the day before.  The third group was currently up for the second day in the row.  Junichiro noticed Michiko was in a much better mood than she was the day before.  He joined her while Taiki was off in a corner, appearing distracted by some thoughts. 

“Hehehe,” she was giggling reading a text on her phone.  “Oh my Sanghyunnie.” 
“What’s up?” Junichiro asked, plopping down beside her.
“My honey just sending me cute love notes.  I’m so happy.”
“So things worked out last night?”
“Heheh… Wwwweeeeellllll…”

*

-Last Night-

“Honey, please talk to me,” Michiko called from outside the MBLAQ dorm front door.  She knocked loudly hoping someone would open up.  Mir answered it.
“Michiko?”  He looked.  He was standing at the door in his underwear.  When Michiko noticed, she squeaked and hid her eyes.
“Mireu, put some pants on!”
“Oh sorry, wasn’t expecting any company.”  He slid his bottom half behind the door.  “I’ll go get hyung for you.”  Michiko entered as Mir skipped down the hallway.  “Hyyyunngg you have a visitor!”  He shouted.  Thunder peeped out of his room.
“Who is it?”  His voice sounded scratchy as if he had been crying.
“It’s your-“
“Sanghyunnie!” Michiko pushed Mir aside practically throwing herself in with Thunder.  She shut the door in Mir’s face.  “Can we talk?”  She made a cute frown face with puppy dog eyes trying to win him over. 
“Sigh…fine.”  He led her over to sit on his bed.  He set himself down on his desk chair, keeping his eyes to the ground. 
“Honey, why are you mad at me?”  The reasons were obvious but she wanted to play dumb.
“Because you keep spending time with other men!”  He wasn’t very happy.
“But oppa,” she whined, “I don’t have a choice with that.  Jaejoong oppa said I have to seduce him so I can get into the squads, remember?”  Those weren’t his exact words, in fact, she wasn’t even sure if he actually said that ever but there was no going back now.
“I just feel like you don’t want me as your boyfriend.”  He crossed his arms acting stubborn. 
“But I love you!”  She hurried to him and jumped on his lap, throwing her arms around his neck and kissing him on the cheek.  “You’re my Sanghyunnie!  I don’t want anyone else!”  Thunder fought his urge to smile, biting his lip and face away. 
“You’re just saying that.” 
“Well fine then!”  She got to her feet and started slowly leaving the room.  “I know a bunch of other guys that want me anyways.”  Thunder grabbed her by the wrist before she could leave.
“WAIT!” He shouted with a look of concern on his face.  “Don’t leave me.”  Michiko’s plan was working.  She turned back towards him with disapproval. 
“Oh I see, so now you want me.” 
“I erm…” Thunder was at a loss of words.  He could see Michiko was slipping from his grip.  He had to react.  He shot from his seat and hugged her as tight as he could.  “I don’t want you with any other man.”  She stubbornly refused to hug him back.
“Will you trust me around other men now?”
“I…” he took a breath.  “I guess I can deal with it.  Only because it’s you of course.” 

*

“Well seems like all is back to normal,” Junichiro remarked.
“He knows he can’t live without me.” 

‘Hey Girl your my sunshine
And My little princess... and I wish I... ha...
 I wish that I could be with you... forever’

“Ooo!  He’s calling me now!” Michiko noticed her phone ringing.  “I’ll see you later oppa.”  She ran outside the gym.

***

“Is anyone home?” Yoochun knocked on Junsu’s front door.  He had just flown in from doing some individual projects all over the country.  Not getting an answer, he pounded in the five-digit code and invited himself in. 

The apartment was a mess.  Things were thrown all over the place, furniture was flipped over and there were scratches in the floor.  He noticed some blood stains covering the kitchen counter but no sign of Junsu.  All he could hear was a low rumble from the bedroom.  He approached the door cautiously, pulling a knife from his pocket.  He turned the doorknob and snuck in. 

“RAWR!” A half demon dashed at him.  He nearly avoided the attack, stepping slightly off to the side and caught the beast.  Getting a good look at his face, he knew it was Junsu.  He stabbed him in the side with the knife, causing him to shriek in pain.  He was quickly drugged to a sleeping state.  Yoochun carried him over to the bed and set him down. 
“You really got in a mess, didn’t you.”  Yoochun pulled his knife back out and glanced around, hearing something else.  “Must be Jaejoong.”  The sound this time was coming from the bathroom.  He could hear pounding against the wall as if someone was going wild.  He stood behind the door, waiting for the right moment to strike.  As soon as he heard glass shatter, he threw the door open!

*STAB!* 

He caught Jaejoong facing the small bathroom window with his hand completely through it.  He managed to stab him squarely in the spine, causing him to pass out on cue.  He caught him before collapsing on the ground and carried him to the bedroom.  Both of the beings looked sadly taken over by their inner demons.  While they were unconscious, Yoochun tied them down then started cleaning the apartment.  He put everything back to how he remembered and swept up the shattered glass from the window and a few broken lamps.  He grabbed a rag and wiped down the blood then returned to his group mates.  Now that they couldn’t move, he covered the open wounds with a first aid kit in the kitchen and used the healing techniques learned from years of Shade fighting.  Junsu and Jaejoong were gradually returning to their normal good looks and complete human states.  He sat by their side until they finally were back to their senses and waking up. 
“Yoochun?” Junsu weakly spoke.  He flinched in pain. 
“I’m happy I stopped here as soon as I got back.  You guys are a total mess.”
“Yeah, I’m sorry I didn’t call you.  We’ve been struggling with our sanity the whole weekend.”
“I heard about the increased Shade attacks.  I thought you guys would hold up.”
“Jaejoong started it.  You know how powerful he is when he can’t control it.” 
“I bet him being kidnapped before didn’t help any.” 
Junsu could suddenly feel a shot of pain from the stab wound.  “Ouch!  You stabbed me didn’t you.”
“It was just a tranquilizer.  I knew I wouldn’t be able to fight you.”
“I guess I should be thanking you.  I didn’t even know you were coming back so soon.”
“Well,” Yoochun leaned back.  “I got a call about our trial being moved up to this Friday.”
“Really?”  Junsu tried to get to his feet but his body was still numb.  He collapsed. 
“Don’t move.  I’ll go get your phone.”  Yoochun headed to the living room and searched.  He found Junsu’s phone on the table.  It read ‘one missed call’ from 5 PM the previous night.  He showed it to Junsu.  “I bet that’s the call.”  They checked the voicemail.  The number was unfamiliar but it was the voice of a male sounding particularly young. 

“This message is for Kim Junsu of JYJ.  The court has decided to move your trial to this Friday at 3 PM at SM Main Headquarters.  Please arrive promptly.”

 “That voicemail seems sketchy,” Junsu commented.  “But I guess we have no choice.”

“Huh?” Jaejoong awoke, feeling extremely groggy and unaware. 
“Hey you,” Yoochun kindly said.  “Don’t do anything too extensive.”
“I won’t.”  He was still trying to focus his eyes.  “When did you get here?”
“Not too long ago.  I wanted to check on you guys and make sure you heard about our court date changing.”
“It’s changing?”
“Yeah,” Junsu spoke.  “We both got a phone call about the changes.”
“I don’t even know where my phone is.”
“You don’t have your phone?” Yoochun was unaware.
“I lost it when I got tied up.  I never got around to getting a new one.”
“Do you know if someone took it?”
“No idea.”
“You know, if you know your account information, you can track your phone as of when it was last .  Maybe we’ll get an idea of where it is.”
“You can?”  Jaejoong adjusted his body and propped up on a pillow. 
“That’s why so many saesaengs can figure out my location.  Somehow they know my account information then they just trace my cell phone chip.”
“Can you type up my information for me?” 
“Yeah.” 

Yoochun checked around and found Junsu’s laptop.  He got Jaejoong’s information then typed it in the cell phone provider website.  It didn’t take long for the map to pop up.  The location started blinking.
“That’s the spot where I was kidnapped.”
“It says the last time it was on was 5:30 PM last night.”
“There’s no way my battery could last that long.”
“It must mean someone turned it off for a bit then just decided to turn it back on for some reason.”
“I wonder what’s going on.” 

They sat there contemplating until Jaejoong screamed out in pain.  Junsu wasn’t doing much better. “Guys, get some rest.  I’ll stay here until you’re healed up.”  They heeded his advice and crawled under the covers.

“I better not leave them alone anymore.”  Yoochun went to the living and sat on the couch.  He didn’t feel too good about being back. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think will happen next?  Leave your comments if you enjoyed :)