What are these Bracelets...

SM Entertainment: Secret Star Society [Finally off hiatus!]

Hello everyone!  Thank you to my subscribers that stuck by.  I know it's been a long time since I updated this but I got a new wave of inspiration.  There will be lots more updates for now on.  

I hope you enjoy this chapter :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Tch,” Noriko rolled her eyes.  “Do you really have to be a cat right now?” she mumbled.  “As if my purse wasn’t heavy enough.”
“I like riding this way,” Heechul purred.  “There’s so much to play with and it’s nice and cozy.”  He clawed at her pads and a small notebook tearing them to shreds.  She flopped the purse down on the train seat beside her and sighed. 
“You’re such a pain sometimes.”

Noriko and Heechul were headed back to SM.  The incident in the army barracks was taken as a threat and warning of what was to come.  Heechul, who hadn’t been directly involved with SM for a year had to go back and speak with one of the captains.  Before they left they had contacted Kai and Chanyeol to help guard the area while Suho recovered.  Noriko was nervous about the current state of SM being unsure of what was happening.  She was highly worried about JYJ as well but tried not to show it.  She pulled a DS from her side purse pocket and decided to play a game to pass the time and get her mind off of things.
“Ooo, what is that?” Heechul popped his furry head from the purse, wide-eyed and curious about the game.  She gasped and stuffed his head back down. 
“Someone will see you,” she harshly whispered, eyeing down the aisle to make sure no one had noticed.  “Cats aren’t exactly supposed to be out on trains.”  He escaped her grasp and lightly bit her finger. 
“I won’t get caught, I promise,” he tried to convince her.  She sighed.
“Ugh, fine.  Watch if you want.  This game can’t be that fun to watch.”  He leaned over the edge of her purse.
“What is it?”
“It’s called Slashy Hack.”
“The heck is that?”
“It’s like Assassin’s Creed for nerds.  Basically you’re a computer hacker that takes assassin jobs by finding them buried on the internet.  It’s like part puzzle and part action.”
“That sounds painfully stupid,” Heechul teased.  “Man, I miss playing League of Legends.”
“Maybe we’ll play when we get home sometime.”

She played while Heechul crawled out of the bag to sit beside her.  Within minutes she heard a passenger pass by and have a sneezing fit.  The passenger’s eyes were burning.
“My allergies!  Ugh, it’s like someone has a cat on this train!” the passenger cried.  Noriko panicked and quickly stuffed Heechul back in her bag.
“That would be weird,” she nervously laughed.  “I mean, who would bring a cat on a train?”  Hecchul could barely breathe in there and bounced around trying to escape.  Noriko wrapped it against her chest trying to stop the crazy movement.  She received funny looks at the sounds coming out from her bag.  She stood up.

“Wow, I sure am feeling train sick,” she announced, excusing herself to the bathroom with her bag.  She dropped him out and onto the counter.  “I’m going to kill you,” she glared. 
“Hss…” Heechul snapped clawing at the counter.  “I’m your oppa, you should treat me with respect.” He fixed his whiskers.
“Don’t cause problems then!”  She pouted.
“Fine, you don’t want a problem?  Well then…” he poofed into his self. 
“Wah! My eyes!”
“No one will notice now,” he teased.


It was going to be a long trip.

***

It was midday at SM training camp.  There were only fourteen trainees left with only a day and a half till they were down to ten.  Now that there were less than fifteen the captains decided to break them into groups of three with one group of two and use the ‘demon eye bracelets.’  Yunho had explained in the beginning of the day of they worked.

**
“These bracelets draw your powers out through these special swords.  This will help determine how much power potential you have this early on.”  Onew had the job of handing out the swords while Kyuhyun set up the bracelets.  He secured them to make sure they couldn’t activate until battle.
“Are they dangerous?” one of the trainees asked.
“They are completely safe.  Their powers only cause harm to demons and Shades.  You will be using them to help you defeat higher level mock Shades.  They will shut off once you hit your limit and we will end the battle.  Just a warning, the power surge is a bit scary at first.”

“Do you think this will be hard?” Junichiro whispered to Taiki.
“You’ll be fine.  You’re strong, Juni.” He squeezed his hand.

**

The captains were sitting in the same order as always excluding the absence of Siwon who had a drama filming in the morning.  The barrier was double checked by Yesung and reinforced before the battles had begun.  Now it was time for the third group, consisting of Junichiro, Michiko and Taiki to begin.  Kyuhyun reached under each of their bracelets to take off a safety tab allowing them to activate.  There was a low buzzing sound coming from Michiko’s and Taiki’s bracelet as they felt a tingle run through their bodies; Junichiro felt like he was just wearing a plain bracelet. 

“As I said this morning, the bracelets will draw out your powers but shut it off when you hit your limit of sanity.  With each Shade you kill a bit more power will be released,” Yunho announced to the three.  They each stood in their own area for battle.  Once they all said they were ready, Changmin tossed the knives.  

“First phase will begin in 3…2…”

“RAWR!!!!”
The shadowy figures appeared in full force.  The size of these Shades were nearly double of what they were the first day.  First to lay down an attack was Michiko whose sword was glowing pink. 
“Wah!” she shouted launching her sword at the beast.  With her first swing she already cut off both claws causing the Shade to swarm crazily.  She jumped raising the sword over her head and blasted a vertical slice right through the middle of its mask.  It instantly turned to dust.  She stared at her sword in awe.

“Wow that was easy.”  She could hear almost the entire captain’s table in awe.
“I love you!” Kangin cried.
“You’re amazing!” Leeteuk shouted. 
“You made that look y,” Eunhyuk drooled.  The rest of her fans sat there dreamy eyed with their chins resting on their hands.  Shindong rolled his eyes.  Michiko giggled.  Changmin summoned another Shade after getting to his senses.

Meanwhile, Taiki was on his third Shade.  He barely lifted a finger to kill the first two and he seemed just as bored with this one.  He yawned as he stabbed the Shade behind his back.  His sword was glowing yellow. 
“Such a waste,” he scoffed, kicking at the ground.  He glanced over to Junichiro, curious of how he was doing.

“Why won’t it work?!”  He swung around the sword but kept missing.  He couldn’t feel even the slightest tingle through his body as his sword had no glow to it.  To defeat Shades this level more than basic sword skills were needed.  He smacked his bracelet against the hilt of the sword and got a small spark. 

“Is there something wrong with this?!” he yelled to the captain’s table.  Yunho nudged Changmin to cut the illusion and Kyuhyun ran over.  He checked the bracelet. 
“It should be working fine.  Maybe your powers are just wonky,” he chuckled. 
“Ugh, what am I supposed to do then?” he groaned. 
“You just need a harder battle to activate it.”  He turned and called to Changmin.  “Send him four.”

“Four at once??” Junichiro’s eyes bulged.  “I’ll die!”
“Not if you’re good,” Kyuhyun smirked, patting Junichiro on the shoulder.  He returned back to the table and Changmin threw more knives his way.  “If that can’t arouse his powers, nothing will,” he commented to Changmin.

Junichiro nervously shook, gripping his sword tightly as the Shades appeared.  He let out a grunt lunging at the swarm.  With his vertical slash he felt a strong rush of adrenaline through his body.  As he shouted a huge white flame burst from his sword!  The surge of power obliterated the four Shades and the sound echoed off the barrier!

FFSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

He felt a lust to destroy.  His eyes began changing to a shade of red.  The entire captain’s table was in complete shock. 
“There’s no way he could gain that much power that quickly,” Donghae remarked.  Yunho crossed his arms with an intrigued expression. 
“Summon six more for him,” Yunho nudged Changmin and instructed.  Changmin obeyed.

The Shade’s screamed at him while he just laughed.  He his lips, pricking his finger on the edge of his blade. 
“I guess you wanna die,” he cockily said to the wails of the Shades.  He one handedly raised his sword and waited till they got close.  The light from his sword was nearly blinding with his attack!

“BOOM!”

There was a massive explosion from his swing!  The area filled with smoke as the barrier began to crack.  Sungmin charged to pull back Michiko and Taiki who just stood there with their jaws dropped.
“Oppa!” Michiko cried.  Taiki escaped Sungmin’s grip and ran into the smoke.
“I need to save him!” he shouted.  Changmin hurried to call back his knives and cancel all of the illusions.  Ryeowook followed him to help Junichiro.  As he entered the smoke he started coughing but fought his way through.  He suddenly gasped at what he saw.

“Juni-“
“AHHHHH!!”

Junichiro had Ryeowook pinned down!  He growled, twisting Ryeowook’s wrists over his head and had saliva dripping from his lips.  He looked ready to devour Ryeowook’s flesh as long as he could sink in his teeth.  Ryeowook tried to fight back but it was useless.  As Junichiro was just about to lean down and take a bite…

“ZOOM”

Junichiro felt as if he couldn’t breathe.  A sharp pain was shooting right through his chest.  His eyes flickered to his normal color as his body was becoming numb.  His strength had all drained to weakness.  His vision blurred so he could only see darkness as he began to cough out blood. 
“What’s wrong with me?” his mind spinned as he grasped at the pain.  He didn’t expect what he had discovered.  A large cross shaped blade was piercing straight through him.  “This is it for me…” he thought.  His eyes rolled to the back of his head as he passed out.

 

“Good timing, Siwong,” Eunhyuk said, standing over Junichiro with the other captains.  Ryeowook was sweating profusely. 
“He’s terrifying,” Ryeowook coughed.  Kyuhyun came running over to join everyone.  He had something in his hand. 

“The bracelet fell off…” he placed it on the ground.  They stood there puzzled.  Michiko didn’t know what to do.  Sungmin took her hand. 

“Let’s go back to the gym,” he said, leading the way.  She couldn’t look away. 
“Where did Taiki go?” she thought.