New Friends?

SM Entertainment: Secret Star Society [Finally off hiatus!]

Another update? Yay I did it :D Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 “Aish, finally!” Joon grumbled taking a sip of tea. 
“Sorry hyung, there was an emergency meeting I had to attend,” Onew said as he sat in a chair across from him.  They met up in a fried chicken shop outside of Seoul just to have dinner as friends. 
“You know I don’t have a ton of time.  You should be lucky I make any time for you.”
“I appreciate it but it’s not like I have the most time in the world either,” Onew remarked.

Joon leaned back in his chair, holding his cup of tea.  “So what was this meeting about?”
Onew glanced around the shop, making sure no one could hear their conversion.  “They called all the captains in because of an extremely large amount of Shade attacks last night.  Since I’m technically next in line for captain they asked me to attend it as well.  Now all of us are on call for any suspicious activity in the area.  So on top of training next week I’ll be spending my nights close to the phone waiting for battles.  I was really hoping to get a break before leaving for our Japan tour next week.”
“What? You’re going to Japan now?”  Joon seemed to completely ignore all of the other information.
“Yeah we’re putting out a few singles there and need to promote.  After that we’re supposed to tour there.”
“So you’re leaving me then?” Joon set down his tea and crossed his arms.  “What am I going to do when I’m bored now?  Kwanghee is off who knows where and Cheondung’s hip is attached to that girlfriend of his so I have no one to hang with now.”
“Maybe you need to find more friends,” Onew sneered.
“Eh it’s too much work.”  Joon sighed heavily until an idea popped into his head.  His face lit up as he snapped his fingers at his ingenious thought.  “Oh! I have it!  Hey Onew, can I see your phone?”
“Why?”  Onew was suspicious.
“I need to find a number.” 
“For who?”
“Noriko.  Since none of you are around to distract me I should make my move.”
“Wait, you don’t have her number?  Aren’t the two of you friends?”
“I..I” he stuttered, “I haven’t really needed it.  Since she’s in your company she never manages us and Seungho most likely has it if for some reason we needed it.”
“Sure you can have it but it won’t be much use to you right now.”
“Why is that?”  A shot of panic ran through his mind.  “Why?! Is she seeing someone already?!?”
“No,” Onew assured him.  “She’s not in the area and most likely won’t be for a while.  They sent her to Pyeongtaek.”
“Why did no one tell me?  I’m surprised it didn’t slip out of Michiko’s mouth.  Cheondung brought her over last night and all she does is talk.  Aish I couldn’t sleep.”
Onew chuckled.  “There are abnormal Shade attacks going on there too.  She’s checking out that area.”
“I didn’t know how serious these Shade things were.  I thought they were just a bunch of annoying ghosts.”
“It’s a curse to have demon eyes, I’ll tell you that much.”
“Demon eyes?”
“Yeah, that’s how we see Shades.  We were all born with the ability.  You’d think I’d be used to it by now.”
“I wish I had powers like you guys though.  It seems really cool.”
“It has its advantages.  So,” he changed the subject, “do you want this phone number?”
“Yeah!”  He snatched Onew’s phone and typed the number into his.  “I’ll call her when we’re done.”

“What can I get you today?”  A waiter approached them and asked.
“Two fried chicken meals please.”

***

“Meow meow, *.”  A furry little creature crawled up beside Noriko’s face.  She opened up her eyes to find she was lying down in an unfamiliar bed.  She looked beside her and noticed a gray cat her face.
“Ick,” she quickly reacted, rubbing off the slobber.  “Well hello there,” she said.  She pet the cat; it happily purred in response.  “Where did you come from?”
“Meow meow.”
“I see.”  Noriko sat up to learn her surroundings.  A burst of pain shot through her stomach causing her to grab ahold.  “Oh yeah, I was attacked,” she thought.  She looked down at her clothes and they seemed clean but definitely weren’t hers.  She was wearing a Sailor Moon shirt and a pair of sweatpants.  She rolled up her shirt to notice herself covered in bandages.  “Whomever bandaged me up knew what they were doing,” she commented to the cat.  The cat hopped off the bed and landed on her clothes, nicely folded on the ground.  “Thanks Mr. Cat.”  She glanced around the room but everything was a bit blurry.  On the dresser to her other side she found her pair of glasses.  Even though they went through a battle they seemed perfectly fine.  “That’s better.”  She slipped them on and got a better look at everything. 

The place looked like an average bedroom.  The walls were light blue and the floor was blue carpet.  It was fairly large and clean with a desk located near a window with a laptop computer.  There were Gundam figures sitting on top of a shelf along with a collection of manga and movies.  There were anime posters and a few Kpop ones covering the walls.  Along with a dresser there was a fish tank on top of it and a bed for a cat on the floor.  It seemed like such a peaceful place.
“Meow meow,” the cat her hand this time.
“You’re such a cute little cat.”
“Why, thank you.”  The cat spoke.
“What!?” Noriko’s jaw dropped open as she nearly launched the cat off the bed.  “Did…did you just talk?” She pointed to it. 
“Hey! Be careful!.”  It bit down on her finger. 
“Don’t surprise me like that!  You shouldn’t be able to talk!  You’re a cat!” 
“Meow meow, is that better?”  She could hear sarcasm in the cat’s voice.  Noriko checked her awakeness by pinching her arm; it wasn’t a dream. 


Just at that moment the door opened.  A woman walked in.     

 “You’re finally up!” the woman said.
The voice only vaguely sounded familiar.  “Must’ve been the woman from last night,” Noriko thought.   Noriko observed the woman from across the room.   She was of rather short stature but looked tough. Her face was friendly and she had a bust of the same caliber as Noriko’s which wasn’t all too common in Korea.  Just like Noriko she was clearly not of Asian descent. The woman just gave off a certain kind of comforting aura which Noriko appreciated. 

Suddenly, Noriko was overtaken by a throbbing in her head; it was a headache.  She moaned in pain clutching her forehead.  The woman shut the door than ran over to her and gave her a warm towel to put over her eyes. Noriko was a bit cautious at first but decided to relax; clearly, this person was trying to help her.
“Thank you,” said Noriko. The woman smiled. 
“You really took a beating last night,” replied the woman as she went to reach for some medical supplies behind her.  She replaced a few of the bandages covered in blood.  “What’s your name?” the woman asked.
“It’s Noriko.”  Noriko positioned herself lying down again, this time; she turned to her side to face the woman.  “Where am I?”
“I’m not sure if I should tell you.  It’s technically top secret.”   
“I see.”

The woman threw the used bandages away.  “Oh! I’m so sorry! I should introduce myself, too. Just call me A.”
“A?”
“That’s what everyone calls me.  If I’m doing a good job they call me A-Plus.”
“Heh,” Noriko chuckled.  “What does the A stand for?”

 

*Knock knock*

“Can I come in?” A deep voice said on the other side of the door.
“Yeah, it’s fine,” A-Plus responded.  Noriko removed the rag and sat up to get a look at the person.  She couldn’t believe who it was! 

“Rain!”  She unintentionally shouted, causing her to blush. 
“Oh, you know who I am,” his expression was gentle.  “How are you feeling?”
“I guess I’m doing alright.  Did the two of you save me?” 

They nodded.
“Thank you, I truly mean it but I have a lot of questions.” 
“Understandable.”  Rain sat down beside her.  The gray cat hopped on her lap. 
“Where am I?  She said she couldn’t tell me but-”
“You’re on an army base.  The exact location we’ll need to keep hidden.”
“I suppose that works.  How did you know about the Shades though?  You had to have seen them to be able to fight them.”
“Well we’re sort of a special group.” 
“The army has a division that fights Shades?”
“We’re a special ops force for paranormal safety actually.  No one is supposed to know that but we’re aware you’re in the Secret Star Society.”
“Wait, you can see Shades too?  Has MBLAQ been lying to me all this time?  Can they see them too?”
“Oh I see, you know them,” Rain replied.  “They are completely unaware of my job here and I doubt they even know Shades exist.  I just wanted to make a group that only focused on being performers.” 
“Well they uh,” Noriko paused.  “There’s a good chance they know about Shades existing.  They hang around SM artists all the time.”
“Well it won’t do them any harm.  It might be good for them to know how hard SM artists need to work outside of just singing.  They should appreciate how easy I am on them.” 
“Perhaps,” Noriko smiled.  “Wait… how do you know I’m a member of the Secret Star Society?”
“I told them,” the cat said. 
Noriko looked at Rain.  “How does this cat even talk?”
“You really don’t remember me, do you,” the cat sneered.
“Chul, don’t be so mean to her,” A-Plus shooed the cat off the bed.
“Hehe your names are A, Bi and Chul, that’s cute,” Noriko giggled.  She stopped for a second and tried to scan her memory.  “Wait, Chul sounds familiar,” she thought. 
“I’m hurt you don’t remember.  We used to play video games all the time.”  The cat jumped up on the dresser. 
“How could we play video games if you’re a cat?” 
“Stop playing around with her, just show yourself already,” Rain requested. 

*POOF!*

The cat was no longer a cat, but a human!  The little gray cat transformed into a man, a man that Noriko knew quite well. 

“Tada!”  They man said, raising his hands in the air.
“Heechul oppa!” Noriko happily said.  She got a good look at him.  His face was just as perfect as ever and his hair was a little bit shorter.  She scanned him and realized something.  She hid her face to hide her cheeks glowing red. 
“Ugh, I forgot you always transform ,” A-Plus said and rolled her eyes.
“Well who doesn’t like a Heechul?” He jokingly replied.  He reached his arms out to give an awkward hug to Noriko.  “It’s nice to see you again,” he said.
“Gah Heechul, you haven’t changed,” Noriko said, fighting his hug.  She was too sore to fight him off properly.  Eventually he let go and jumped off the dresser. 
“Alright I’ll go put clothes on.”  He hopped over to the cat bed and lifted the blanket up revealing a set of clothes for him. 
“Does he sleep there?” Noriko whispered to A-Plus. 
“That bed was actually for my other cat but it mysteriously disappears.  I think he switches out with it.”
Noriko laughed.  This time, her laughing caused pain in her chest.  She crouched over in pain again.  Rain was quick to hold her up.  “Your wounds aren’t fully healed.  You need to be careful.”  Noriko coughed, coughing up a bit of blood.  A-Plus grabbed a napkin and wiped off Noriko’s lip. 
“You should lie back down for a while,” A-Plus suggested.  Noriko nodded.  She did as she was told. 
“How long have I been out of it?” She asked.
“It’s about 6 PM now.  We brought you in around 1 AM last night.”
“Oh, so it’s only been a day then really.”  Noriko rolled to her side.  She glanced back down at the floor to her clothes with the feeling she was forgetting something.  Just then, she realized the whole reason she got attacked.  “Where is my phone?”
“It’s over there, I’ll go get it,” A-Plus responded.  She brought the device over to her.  It was shut off.  Noriko quickly turned it on, knowing by now that Suho would probably be panicking.  As soon as the phone loaded up she noticed she had about 20 missed calls all with voicemails and about 50 text messages.  She checked them over; about half were from Suho and the other half from an unrecognized number.
“I should probably call Suho back,” she said.  As she was about to dial, she was receiving a call from the unrecognized number. 

*Buzz buzzzzz*  It vibrated.  She picked up.

“Yoboseyo?”
“Why wouldn’t you answer me?  Were you ignoring me?  I thought something was wrong,”  The man quickly mumbled on the other side.    
“Who is this?”  Noriko sat up again.  “Who?”  She could hear them stuttering something.  “Lee Joon?”


“That’s Joon on the phone?” Rain nudged Noriko and asked.  She nodded.  “May I bother that phone for a second?”  Noriko handed him over the phone.

“Hey Changsun,” Rain said in a stern voice. 
“Hyung?  Wait, what?  Where did you come from?”
“Yeah, it’s Rain.  I’m happy you haven’t forgotten what I sound like.”
Joon cleared his throat on the other end.  He knew he was in trouble for something because Rain always used Joon’s real name when he caused a problem.  “Of course I didn’t.  How are you doing?”
“I have a bone to pick with you.”  Rain replied. 
“Um…what.. what is it?” Joon stuttered.
“I read about some incident about the concert you held last night.  What is this I hear about you dancing for a minor last night?”
“What?  Oh…that…”  Joon hesitated.  “You see, when I pulled her on stage I didn’t know how young she was but I couldn’t not do my solo stage…I tried to recover-“
“What am I going to do with you, huh?  Always causing me trouble and hurting your image.”
“I’m sorry hyung, it won’t happen again.” 
“I hope that’s the case.  You must be a headache for Seungho sometimes.”
“I’ll try to do better.”  Joon took a deep breath.  He wanted to change the subject.  “So, why again are you with Noriko?”
“An emergency came up.”
“Oh really?  What happened?”
“It’s nothing to worry about.  She just needs some rest.”
“Can… can I talk to her?”
“Don’t you have another show tonight?  You should be preparing for that.”
“I…okay hyung.  I’ll talk to you later,” Joon gave up.
“Bye.”  Rain hung up.  He handed the phone back to Noriko.

“Don’t let him drive you crazy,” he advised.  Noriko smirked.  Noriko felt pain again. 
“Please get some sleep,” A-Plus requested.  “Oppa, I can take care of her.”  Rain hopped off the bed. 
“I trust you.  If you need anything I’ll be down the hall.  Noriko?”
“Yes?” She responded.
“Feel better, I’ll check in on you later.”  Rain headed towards the door.  He stopped and turned to Heechul.  “C’mon, let’s give her some peace and quiet.”  Heechul followed him out, shutting the door behind him. 

“Finally,” A-Plus said.  “We can have some girl talk.” 
“Girl talk,” Noriko smiled.  “I like that.” 
“So,” A-Plus began, “I noticed your sword last night.  I think it’s really neat, I’ve never seen anything like it.”
“Oh yeah, my water blade.  I think it’s a one of a kind.”
“Does it have a name?”
“My sword?”  Noriko seemed puzzled.  “I never named it.”
“Ah, my bow is named Lockon.  It never misses the target.”
“That’s really awesome.  I’ll need to think of a name for mine.” 
“I think you should call it Storm or Squirtle or something like that.”
“Good idea, I’ll come up with something.”  Noriko continued, “So, I guess you’re a Shade fighter like me?”
“I suppose it works that way.  I trained my powers in the United States then was sent here.  For some reason the biggest concentration of Shades are in this country.  I’m here to study and eliminate them.”
“Oh speaking of, have you noticed the increased numbers around here?”
“Yeah I have.  That’s actually why Rain oppa and I were out last night.  We’re partially to blame for it though.  We have mock Shades we use for training and today we checked out the training ground.  I guess our mock Shades have been getting loose and causing the crazy attacks.  Don’t worry, the fixing is in process.”
“So it was you guys all along…”
“We aren’t completely to blame.  The numbers still don’t seem right.  We’re looking into it.”
“That’s the whole reason I came down here actually.  The Protection Squads sent me here for just about the same type of research.”
“Really?”  A-Plus said.  “That’s odd.  Our forces are supposed to be in charge of the area.”
“I’m not really sure what’s going on then.  I’m here with three other people.”  The more Noriko thought about it, the sicker she was feeling.  She suddenly got dizzy and nearly fell off the bed.
“Oh, be careful,” A-Plus gently warned her again.  “We can talk about this later.  You really do need some rest.” 
“Okay.  Thank you for everything.”
“I’ll leave so you have some peace.  I’ll be back in in a few hours.”  A-Plus left.  Noriko pulled out her phone and sent a quick text to Suho.

“I’m sorry Suho, something came up. 
Don’t worry, I’m alright.  I will talk to you soon.”

She fell back asleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Joonie concert thing is kind of a true story, just wanted to mention that.  It's kind of amusing.  Anyways, what do you think is going on?  What will happen next?