Cucumbers

By Chance: You and I

Cucumbers

 

Kris' Point of View:

'That hurts, I never did anything wrong to that girl. And who the hell she thinks she is? I am the Duizhang Kris Wu here. Good thing my jaw didn't get any damage or else I'm gonna make that girl pay for my hospital bills. Seriously, it's really hard to find that kind of girl these days. Maybe it's better to go have a time machine and go back in Spanish era where demure girls are the trending.'

-----

"Look at you, you've broken someone else's heart again Duizhang!" Lay literally jumped and smacked the towering handsome on his nape.

"Ouch!" Kris' groaned in pain. "What was that for?"

"That's for you to get a life! Lucky you, my hand flew a little short that was intended to smack your head so you can get some sense." the serene looking gentleman reasoned out.

"I didn't do anything with her." he argued.

"That's the point you didn't do anything to her. Tell us, are you really gay Kris? We've never seen you dated a girl and you never looked for one. The worse part is you keep ignoring those who come to you." he lectured the latter.

"You're wrong Lay!" Luhan got into the middle of them. "The worst part is our Duizhang here seems to be enjoying our baby panda's company even more."

"Do you want me to slap you the way that girl slapped me Xi Luhan?" the towering handsome threatened the latter.

"See, Lay?" he pointed a finger to Kris and continued mocking him. "He is going to slap me. If he is really a man, he is gonna say 'punch' me instead of slapping me!"

Duizhang's hand automatically flew hard on the latter's head that made the latter surrender.

"Blame it to our youngest, he is so clingy towards Me." he justified himself.

Luhan hid from the serene gentleman's back and continued bickering with their Duizhang. "It's because you're letting him. And you're the one to blame if he really goes gay!"

"And who's hiding behind Lay right now? Who looks gayer?" he shot back giving him a mischievous look.

"Duizhang-gege!" Tao instantly hugged him from behind. "I've seen that girl slapped you. And she's telling other girls that you're a jerk and you broke up with her."

"You know the truth Tao." he tried to escape from latter's back hug but he just gripped tighter on him. "She was the one who is courting me for two months already."

"You busted the girl because TaoRis is real!" Luhan started teasing again. "Am I right Lay?" he even asked for the serene gentleman's confirmation.

"Team TaoRis! Team TaoRis!" the serene looking gentleman started chanting. Seriously, his serene looks can be so deceiving.

 

 

It was their second class for that morning, and the towering handsome unlike his three best buddies isolated and indulged himself reading his most loved self-improvement book on his seat.

This is really an odd hobby for a guy, no wonder his peeps often dubbed him gay, because other than being linked with Tao, some of his hobbies are really feminine.

Imagine a guy choosing to read a book instead of chilling with his buddies while waiting for a professor, a guy who wouldn't skip putting on moisturizer on his face every other night before going to bed, and letting their youngest be clingy on him at times.

And think of the popularized quote that ‘Not all handsome faces are real men’could give a huge imagination that Kris' is a giant gay indeed.

Fortunately, he is NOT. It's just a title intended for him by his faithful folks Lay, Luhan, and Tao for him to get a girlfriend already.

 

"Settle down now class." the professor arrived in their classroom. He then closed his self-improvement book and inside his bag.

"I would like to introduce you an exchange student from Dongguk University." the professor turned his attention to the classroom's door. "You may enter now Ms. Seo."

A tall, slim stature female with flowing wavy black hair walked in demurely in front with the professor. 

"Da jia hao, wo xi Seo Joo Hyun." she greeted and introduced herself to everyone inside the class. Though her Korean accent maybe evident, her voice was very calming, and she sounded so lady-like. The way she stood up in front was very prim and dignified, and though she wore a casual shirt and a jeans her goddess-like face complements her simple outfit that makes her still stand out from the crowd.

It was the first time that the towering handsome saw such face - pretty face with undeniably demure personality. Everything went into slow motion, it was as if he was the only person and the girl who was standing in front were the only people in his rich imagination.

His mouth automatically went gape.

"Shoot! She's hot!" Luhan giddily complemented.

"Look at Duizhang." Lay who was still with the ulzzang elbowed him.

 

"Kris-gege, would you mind closing your mouth? I'm just worried about you, because flies might come in there." Tao who was just sitting behind the towering handsome voluntarily closed the latter’s mouth.

Kris snapped out from his day dreaming.

 

 

"Ms. Seo you may take a seat..." the professor looked for a vacant seat from the crowd of student, "...there on the third row beside Mr. Wu." he pointed the empty seat besides the towering handsome.

'She's going to be my seatmate?' he looked at the back and he looked on his left as if he needed help from his friends.

 

 

"Sure she's really pretty!" the ulzzang remarked again. "But unfortunately she sat with the giant gay. Too bad, she should exchange seats with Lay." he cupped his small face in disappointment.

"Dude, pave way for our Duizhang." Lay faced the latter. "You've got bunch of girls with you, and she may be the key to convert Duizhang in to a full pledged man."

 

 

Kris' Point of View:

'She's walking her way to me, I mean to the vacant seat beside me. God, I never wished anything major to You yet, but would You mind if I say it now? Can You please give her directions… directly to my heart?'

-----

The infamous Duizhang froze from his seat as the exchanged student sat beside him.

"Duizhang-gege. Are you sick?" their panda asked him anxiously.

"Tao, I am not, but this person beside me makes me want to fall ill." he mumbled incoherently enough just for their youngest to hear.

Their youngest was completely surprised by what his Kris-gege's words. It was his very first time to talk about a girl in admiring way. “Kris – gege, finally you know how to look at a girl!” he rejoiced.

‘Screw you Panda, she might here you!’ he mentally ridiculed their youngest.

 

 

While the professor was blabbering in front discussing he couldn’t helped himself to steal millisecond glances to his new seatmate.

The way she furrowed her eyebrows while intently listening and eagerly taking down notes, surely made her look more attractive, that the Duizhang cannot control himself of day dreaming as he pen spins.

Suddenly, his pen fell off.

Unexpectedly though fortunately for him, the new girl has fast reflexes as she bent down at the same time to get his pen.

He accidentally touched the back of her hand with his.

And she accidentally bumped her head against his chin as she sat straight again.

"Ow!" they irked at the same time.

"S-sorry." Kris immediately apologized though he got hurt more.

"Sorry too." she apologized in return as she rubbed her head.

 

     

As soon as their second class ended and they walked out of the class Lay, Luhan, and Tao immediately gathered around the towering handsome.

"Miracles do happen, Kris!" Lay rejoiced.

"What do you mean by that?" he literally looked down to face the serene man's face. He cannot be blamed about it, he's really tall.

"We've seen how you literally hung your mouth low Duizhang. We got worried that flies might enter there." Luhan sarcastically uttered. "Of course, we're talking about your new seatmate giant gay! It seems that my earnest wishing in the Buddhist temple has been granted." he then extended his hand to Kris, "Congrats, you're a man now!"     

 

"So how does she look like?" Lay asked. "I mean up-close Kris?"

"W-well she's kinda...cute." Kris awkwardly replied, containing his true feelings about the girl.

"And?" the latter abridged.

"Why are you asking me that?" he felt frustrated.

"Kris-gege just told me that the beautiful exchange student make him want to fall ill." Tao budged in.

"Hey I didn't!" the youngest earned a glare from their Duizhang.

"Whoa! That was cheesy." Luhan and Lay uttered in unison.

"Ask her name." the ulzzang started suggesting.

"Then ask her number." Lay seconded. "And yeah ask her to eat with you this lunch!"

"Why would I? We can eat lunch together."

"We are paving way for you idiot!" Lay smacked the latter's nape again. "Oh snap! I missed!" he pertained to not being successful of hitting the towering handsome's head once again.

"If I ask her name again, I would sound like a freaking deaf! She already said she's Seo Joo Hyun, if I ask her number and it's our very first day together, I would look like a playboy hooking on every girl I just met!"

"Another for goodness sake reason we hear from you and we'll let you grow old gay Duizhang!" Luhan screeched.

 

 

"This is your Chance Kris." Fortunately, Lay has a heart. "Of course sounding stupid is a part of a game. It's was the first time we got anxious that flies might enter your mouth because you're mouth really gaped low and with that we knew  you finally found Duizhang's Ideal girl for the first in time in your life!"

"Well I really don't know what to do..." he tried to reason out as he found himself being pushed by his three ever faithful friends.

"Remember to ask her name okay?" Luhan began advising once again.

"Then her number." Lay seconded.

"Then ask her to go grab some lunch with you Kris-gege."

"Then ask her what she's been doing for a living aside from being hot." Luhan shot again.

"And ask her what the feeling of being the most beautiful girl inside the class." Lay seconded.

His heart thumped went irregular as they went nearer and nearer with the exchange student on the hallways.

"Hey! I'm so not asking the last two questions." he protested as he got forcefully thrown by his ever loving friends near the nearest to perfection-looking exchange student.

 

 

He flinched a little and instantaneously got his muscle all stiffened the moment they're eyes met, and by the way she gave him a puzzled look.

"What is it?" the exchange student asked.

He was so stiff that his could only move his eyes around. "Ah..."

She furrowed her eyebrows and gave him a quizzical look.

'Shoot! When God created you, he must be really thinking of me too.' her gaze has bewitched him again.

"Uhm, hello?" the exchanged student waved her hand in near to the mesmerized man and brought him back to reality.

"Ah...Lunch... Do you want to eat?" his got his words all rumbled.

"Eat, what?" the exchange student has already tilted her head to figure what the towering handsome wanted to convey.

Once he thought that he has already re-arranged the most appropriate words to be used in his question, he asked confidently, "Do you want to eat Cucumbers?"

The exchange student looked at him all amused.

 

Do you want to eat Cucumbers? Does it really sound synonymous to the question: Do you want us to eat lunch together? Definitely, NOT!

 

 

Not so far from them the other three were watching their Duizhang.

"He has style! He hasn’t followed anyone of us." Lay gave the other two a high five while laughing hard.

"Did you see his face? Kris-gege looked confident." Tao seconded.

"I'm so going to ask that question to the next lucky girl of mine next time... Do you want to eat Cucumbers?" Luhan remarked with 100% sarcasm.

 

 

Little did they know how mighty and powerful the Cucumber is, and could turn a person’s life – their beloved giant gay to be exact.

“Yes?” She responded though still with a quizzical look, she also wore a warm smile on her breathtaking beautiful face

And that’s how the first happiest day of the Duizhang Kris’ life began.