Duizhang Versus Guardian

By Chance: You and I

DuizhangVersusGuardian

(SeoKris - SeoHo Chapter)

Author's Note: Please PEACE to all of you guys, NO Shipper Wars please? Just enjoy the story! :)

----------

‘Because I’m jealous.’ It has been a week since Kris straightforwardly told it to Seohyun, and now he has no face to show the latter. Every move he makes, he does it with over consciousness, and every word he speaks he speaks it with over consciousness though the belle did not really avoid him. He just chose not to convey his feelings for her – fully.

Like their typical habit when they’re together alone as their three ever loving friends play soccer on the school field, the towering handsome secretly glanced at the beautiful girl who was sitting upright beside him. He was supposed to create another perfect Never land for only the two of them mentally but instead of creating a magical world for the two of them he thought of the next scene that occurred after her uttered his bold worlds that particular moment.

“Because I’m jealous.”

“Then why are you jealous Kris? Luhan is also my friend.”

“Because I’m your closest friend.” he mindlessly responded.

The belle let out a soft chuckle that eventually turned into hyped giggles. ,”Of course you’re my closest friend Kris. And that will never change.” Then the belle literally tiptoed and pinched his cheeks. “You’re really too cute for your height Kris.”

All he could do was to fake a sheepish smile, he sure lied and hurt himself at the same time for his stupid reason.

 

‘I’m just afraid that you might shun away from me if I’m going to tell it to you, it’s better to become your closest FRIEND. So I can sit beside you like this.’ He thought as his fear of confessing to the latter crept on his head again.

“Is there anything on my face Kris?” Seohyun noticed that the towering handsome was staring blankly on her.

He snapped back to reality hearing her soothing voice, “Uh, n-nothing I – I …”

“…you often space out Kris, share it to me.” She then went near him.” Is there any problem my dearest friend?”

She called him ‘Friend’ again, and once again, the towering handsome felt the most awful feeling that a man who truly loves the girl beside him only looks at him as a friend.
“I – I just wanted to ask if you’re already hungry, I might get some snacks for us.”

“But why is your face so weary Kris?”

Fortunately, the most cliché he could use as an excuse immediately entered his mind, he then rubbed his stomach and projected a sheepish irking face, "I...I also need to go to the wash room, you know."

All she could do was to give the latter a silly look, "Okay. I get you."

He then swiftly ran away from the latter. He praised him self as he was able to hide from her from a distance, 'How brilliant my excuse is.'

But even if he was able to hid himself from the belle temporarily, his thought of whether confessing his real feelings for the latter was still able to haunt him.

'But until when am I gonna keep this?' he asked himself.

As soon as he went back in their reading place with the snacks, gave some to the latter Seohyun sudden acted all excited, her eyes sparkled like never before.

"Seems that you're excited for something." Kris noticed the latter's reaction.

She then took out her phone and looked at it. "It's because someone's coming to visit me."

"Really? Is she a friend of yours?" he presumed it's a female.

"Yes, he is coming. Suho-oppa's finally going to visit me." Indeed, the belle cannot contain her excitement to herself.

'He?’ Did I hear her clearly? She's excited that a boy will visit her? ' his mind lagged finding it hard to process that the girl he was secretly in-love with was all excited for another guy to visit her. He was definitely hurt in an instant, he never saw such extremely excited expression from the latter ever before.
"Uh...that's nice.” he faked a smile. "...but when is your friend going to see you?"

She looked at her wristwatch, "It's almost time..." She waited for another minute and stood up from her seat,” Now." She then almost scuttled going to the direction university's main entrance.

He never thought that his probable Doom’s day would be that fast. All he could do was to follow the belle who was rushing.

-----------

As they reached the university’s gate, a milky-white skinned young man with dark slightly permed hair, who wears a prominent eyes-smile, welcomed Seohyun, as he just went out from his sleek black Hyundai Volloster. And like the belle, his stature was upright, which complements his navy blue cardigan, and khaki-pants making it obvious that he a model student with princely appeal.

“Seo Joo Hyun.” He called the belles name quite prim and calm like expected as he briefly waved his hand and warmly flashed his eyes-smile to the latter who was excited to meet him.

“Suho!” she called and speeded her way like a little girl to the latter’s direction.

‘They seem so close, she even have to dash just to welcome him. He assumed, slowing his speed and stopped from a near distance as he silently watched the girl that she likes welcomes another guy. He then slowly neared their direction.

“Slow down Joo Hyun.” the princely gentleman welcomed he belle by patting her head, it was very evident that he was really happy that the latter even dashed just to welcome him though he looked so reserved and quite shy. “…you don’t really have to run like that.”

“You haven’t contacted me even once in two months, what happened to you in Taipei?” the bell asked the princely gentleman as she curiously beamed on him.

“It was all well, though I still need to go back their next week and complete my last ten days there as an exchanged student.” He even answered rather prim. “…How about you?”

“I’m really doing fine here Suho.” She answered with honest gladness in her tone as she turned her attention to Duizhang’s direction. “By the way Suho, this is Kris, my closest friend here at Qingdao University.”

Kris let out his hand of a handshake, but instead of casually shaking hands with him, the princely gentleman formally greeted him and have him a prim ninety degree bow – his manners were indeed so Korean. He began, “Da jia hao, wo xi Kim Suho.”

He felt sudden embarrassment from the latter and especially from Seohyun for acting a little too casual for meeting the princely gentleman for the first time. As he his hand that he offered for a handshake to the latter on his back, he did the kind of greeted that the latter did and introduced himself, “Da jia hao wo xi Kris Wu. It’s very nice to meet you Suho.”

He wasn’t really sure if it was really nice to meet the princely gentleman though.

“You have a very handsome friend here Joo Hyun.” He complemented Kris and paused, “…but I am worried that you might look at him as your new Prince Charming.”

Seohyun’s face immediately turned hot as her cheeks showed tinge of pink.

“Suho-ssi, of course not, you’re the only prince charming I know.” She began protesting, unsure if she was also denying.

“I’m glad to here that from my partner.” Once more, he began patting the belle’s head.

‘They seem to be too close to each other. Kris thought as he was left aside during that particular moment.

Suho is Seohyun’s all time partner at Dongguk University, both of them were top students in their course and both are model students. As the belle was assigned to become an exchange student at Qingdao University, likewise Suho was sent to Taiwan National University.

The princely gentleman asked again, until when is your stay here at Qingdao? I only have to complete two full weeks so I’ll be flying back to Taiwan tomorrow.”

“I sonly have three weeks here a Qingdao.” She wore a suddenly saddened expression.

“What’s wrong? Aren’t you happy we’ll be able to go back in Korea?”

The belle briefly looked at the towering handsome’s direction, “It’s not like that, of course I miss Korea a lot, but I’ll surely miss my friends here.” she began elbowing Kris. “…especially Kris here.”

‘Serves you right Mr. Prince Charming, Im the one that Seohyuns gonna miss. Wait? What? I heard it accurately right? he mentally mocked Suho who was in front of them.

Suho then briefly gave the towering handsome a snobbish glance and began talking to the belle as if he towering handsome did not exist. “Oh, do you have time tonight? I’ve seen a good restaurant somewhere near here, and yes, might as well tour me into some place near here Seohyun.”

“No problem, it’s my pleasure to tour you around here Suho.” The latter unhesitatingly respond as she flashed a warm innocent smile.

“Okay so it’s settled.” The princely gentleman smiled rather a bit shy yet triumphantly in the towering handsome’s eyes. “I assume you still have one last class…” he looked at his wrist watch, “…I’ll be waiting here, let’s meet again around 5:30?”

“You seemed to know my schedule well Suho.”

“I just assumed.” He chuckled, “Did I guess it right?”

“More like accurate.” She started to let out small giggles.

“Okay, so you two go now.” he playfully shooed them to enter the university gate.

Kris and Seohyun then bid farewell to the latter, but before they could even fade from the princely gentleman’s sight, he shouted, “You be careful my princess!!!”

The towering handsome instantly felt annoyed hearing the princely gentleman’s pet name towards his dream girl, Wow, he even declared that she is his princess. But as he looked at her, he saw a permanently plastered smile, ‘…and she like it. Gosh, Kris Wu, what are you going to do now?’

----------

As their last class was about to start, Seohyun noticed Kris’ gloomy face. He would usually approach her if his not busy reading his inspirational books or do some advance reading for the next class, but it was very unusual that the latter would be sulking like a withered plant beside him and doing nothing.

She then playfully poked the cheek of her seatmate, “Kris, Kris, Kris…why so gloomy?”

He was literally absent minded at hat moment, feeling all jealous and cheerless at the same time, he absent mindedly muttered, “I want to deport Prince Charming back to Korea.”

“What did you say Kris?”

He then snapped back to reality as he heard the belle’s voice. “Oh, yeah, Prince Charming looks like Wu Fan in The Heir's Love Story.

The latter began laughing because of his silliness. “Yes, he really looks like one. I thought you’re not watching that drama.”

He sheepishly smiled, of course he was influenced by his three ever loving best friends, and the belle, all of them were avid fans of the said series, “You influenced me, and especially the Panda behind us.” He pointed to Tao who was practicing his ‘buing-buing’ skills as he vainly captures selcas using his Iphone4S.

“Huang Zi Tao is really something…” Seohyun remarked, giggling due to Tao’s epic doing.

Their youngest noticed that both of them were staring at him, so he began approaching Seohyun, “Seo-jie…try buing-buing as well.” He demonstrated how to do the infamous aegyo. “Say buing-buing Seo-jie.”

She was somewhat in her playful mood and ride on the latter’s , she shyly mimicked in front of Kris’, “Buing-buing.”

He couldn’t help but to fall for the belle’s breathtaking cuteness. The buing-buing gesture was meant for people to look cute into someone’s eyes, but the gesture was drawn into a higher level when the belle did it in front of him.

 

 

As their last class ended, Seohyun swiftly put all her things inside her bag and immediately stood up and rushed out of the classroom, “Got to go Kris.”

And she even wasn’t able to give a brief goodbye with the other three.

“I never thought she could run that fast.” Lay remarked as they watched the belle swiftly ran out of the classroom like a breeze.

Duizhang was completely left dumbfounded as the three of them turned their attention to him, “You haven’t eaten cucumbers right? Why do you look like as if you have a diarrhea Kris?”

“Do you need tissue Kris-gege? I always bring two rolls just in case you need it.” Their youngest ask and was about to get the tissue rolls out of his bag.

“She has a date.” He briefly answered in an evident disappointed tone.

“Date with whom?” the trio asked in chorus.

“With her Prince Charming.”

“Prince Charming? Wait does Seohyun has a boy friend already?” Luhan asked.

“I think no.” Kris hanged his head low.

 “Then why are you all sulking like a retard like that?” Lay mockingly asked him this time.

“Because I think Seohyun has a crush on that Suho.” He shot back.

“Gosh, don’t assume just like that Duizhang!” the unicorn boy encouraged the latter, “You’re going to lose the fight without even trying if you’re going to act like that.” He then pulled the latter from his seat and the four of them immediately rush to follow Seohyun and the Prince Charming, who happens to be Duizhang’s real rivalry.

---------------

The four of them began gawking from a short distance on the princely gentleman and the belle as they get-off the car in front of a Chinese Fine-Dining/Buffet restaurant near their school’s vicinity.

“Gosh, Hyundai-Volloster 2012.” Luhan was in awe seeing Duizhang’s rival’s car. “Kris, what’s the model of your car again?”

“Toyota Vios 2000.” The towering handsome briefly answered.

“So two thousand and late…I’d go with Prince Charming instead.” Even in this kind of situation, the deer-eyed handsome really knows how to mock the latter.

He then automatically earned a head smack from Kris, “That’s why I doubt at times if you really are my friends Xi Luhan.”

“We are Kris.” Lay budged in as he beckoned to focus their attention to Seohyun and Suho who were already happily chatting sitting across each other on a table for two seen in the glass wall of the restaurant.

“I’ve never seen her smile so bright with me.” He uttered almost incoherently.

“Duizhang, that’s not the right attitude if you really want Seohyun as your girl.” the unicorn-boy rebuked him.

“But all she says about me is that I’m her closest friend. Closest friend.” He even repeated the last word for emphasis.

“Then, if you’re going to stay like that, you’ll definitely stay as her closest friend Kris.” The deer-eyed handsome seconded.

“Don’t worry Kris-gege, you still have me though.” Tao assured Kris, that he was just still waiting for their towering handsome in case Team Seo-Kris will not succeed.

The unicorn-boy then flung his knuckles on their youngest head. “Goodness, Huang Zi Tao, you’re still into TaoRis?”

“Ouch! Lay-ge, our fandom keeps growing each day!” he protested and at the same time boasted on the latter.

And so they eagerly gawked at the two until they went out of the restaurant. It was almost quarter to eight when the belle and the princely gentleman went out of the restaurant.

As of the four of them, their eyeballs almost turned white from waiting.

 

 

“I think we couldn’t watch movies anymore, could we just stroll for a bit near here?” Suho asked suggestively to Seohyun. “My car’s parked here anyway.”

The latter unhesitatingly agreed, “Okay.”

As the two began strolling in streets of Qingdao that evening, the four of them continued to sneakily follow as if they’re hooligan’s who are obvious to the princely gentleman’s killer instincts.

Seohyun and Suho were talking about Exo-M and Exo-K, when Suho cannot take queer feeling of someone sneakily following them; he held the belle’s hand and halted in a random road side brightly lighted up by evening streetlights.

“Exo-K is talented and cute, but I prefer Exo-M because I admire their leader, he looks so mysterious and he looks really responsible.” Seohyun playfully argued with the princely gentleman.

“But Exo-M’s leader looks like a player…” he began as he turned back and halted the latter, and beckoned her to stand back as he brace himself in a combat position. “Hey! You think I’m easy? You cannot lay a finger on my girlfriend!” He randomly blurted out to rattle that someone who was following them.

The four were literally bowled over with the princely gentleman’s statement.

Kris was thrown in grave disappointment Girlfriend?