Kris the 399th

By Chance: You and I

Kris the 399th

 

 

It was just exactly six in the morning when Lay, Luhan together with their youngest Tao purposely went to school to see the result of their towering handsome's application test for the Exchange Student program.

"Wu, Kris, Wu, Kris, Wu, Kris, Wu, Kris!" Lay looked for the name of their tallest best friend in the grade result posted on the names of the Exchanged Students' passers. "Goodness, where is his name?" he screeched in frustration for not finding his name in the list.

"Lay-gege, why are you looking over the top fifteen? Those people are geeks come here, Duizhang-gege got in." Tao beckoned his unicorn-gege to come near them.

"Where's Kris' name?" he asked his  two best pals in a rather stern manner, Lay's patience was already put into test early that morning.

Then the deer-eyed handsome read Kris' ranking and name, "399. Wu, Kris"

"Wow, he got in and he is 2nd..." the unicorn-boy complemented their friend in a mocking manner. "...second to the last."

"That Kris! He'll surely is going to leave us." Luhan immediately had the thought of separation and no matter how awfully they mock the towering handsome all the time it was purely because it's their way of showing their brotherly affection towards him.

"How about let us tell him that he did not make it?" Tao's brilliant thinking rose once again.

"Yeah, he deserves that! Anyway a little thrill won't hurt him." the deer eyed handsome seconded, letting out a mischievous laugh.

"You two again!" Lay shouted as he nudged to the two.

"What?" the deer-eyed handsome asked half shouting.

"Count me in to that." the unicorn boy grinned from ear-to-ear.

 

Like a usual day, the towering handsome went to school at exactly seven thirty in the morning. He was really surprised that his three ever loving best friends were way earlier than him that day.

Their faces were gloomy as if, something grave had happened to them.

"Guys, what's with those long faces?" he curiously asked them.

"Kris..." the deer-eyed handsome began. "I'm sorry."

"Did you do something stupid again?"

"No." the unicorn-boy protested, "...you're the one who did something stupid Kris."

"M-me?" Kris was thrown to be blamed again, "I came just now, and you guys are accusing me?"

"Yes Gege..." Tao joined the conversation. "...how dare you disappoint us, especially Seo-jie!" he complained seemingly about to cry.

Their youngest was indeed their best actor.

The towering handsome got the intuition that the bad news has something about his application test for Exchange Students.

"Don't tell me..." his expression turned gloomy. As if his face cannot be properly painted.

"Yes Kris, unfortunately..." the deer-eyed handsome affirmed.

"...unfortunately you're too dumb for that Kris." the unicorn-boy continued his friend's sentence. He really knows how to make Kris feel bad.

"Okay." that was all he could mutter as his eyes started to become watery.

"Lay-gege, don't you think you're doing it quite too much?" their youngest protested, as pulls his favorite Kris-gege into his panda hug. "Kris-ge, sorry for Lay-gege's words, we all know he's got a sharp tongue. But he is just being a true friend to you, and true friends don't tell lies to each other, right?"

He wasn't even sure if Tao's comforting him, or he's just rubbing salt in his wound. He retracted from the latter, "I-I'm alright baby Panda."

He expressed a faint smile to the three of them.

The deer-eyed handsome patted his back, and began, "Kris, maybe your fate is in Mongolia not in Korea."

Xi Luhan, is really their clique's final blow.

Due to the awful news he got from his three ever loving best buddies, the towering handsome was all gloomy during that particular morning.

He simply wanted to cry if only he was not in their classroom. His dream of being reunited with Seohyun was seemingly crushed.

He knew he did not just his best but his all just for that test, that's why the feeling of failing it was twice the pain of the people who did not make it.

'Kris Wu, if only you should have lessen your five hours sleep the night before you took that exam, and study even more you would surely passed that, stupid you!' he even started blaming himself, feeling paranoid.

"Don't you think we overdone it Lay?" Luhan started feeling guilty as he sees Kris weary reaction from a short distant.

"You're the one who did the full blow Lulu!" the unicorn-boy started to blame the deer-eyed handsome.

"Wow, huh? Me alone? As if you're not the king of Sarcasm here!" he started to bicker with him as well.

"Lay-ge, Luhan-ge please stop!" Tao whispered to them, halting the two before they even create a ruckus.

"Fine, we'll tell it to him this lunch!" Lay decided for the three of them already.

 

Soon as lunch came, Lay immediately stood up from his seat and dragged the towering giant outside their classroom. And so Tao and Luhan ran after them.

"Kris..." he summoned the latter's name while panting.

The towering handsome wasn't still in trance, he was still depressed of the news he recieved from them.

"Kris!" Luhan shouted in his face, this time he went back in his normal trance, "W-what?"

"Gege, we're sorry." Tao apologized.

"For what baby panda?" he did not remember anything that they did something wrong to him.

"We're just kidding this morning..." Lay confessed.

"What?" his heart instantly jumped high, as his dream of being with Seohyun urged up in his mind once again. But then again, he felt a little annoyed with his friends. Seriously, their joke isn't funny.

He complained, "My world almost got crushed this morning, why did you guys do that for?"

"Kris, it's because we're going to miss you." the unicorn boy express.

"Yeah, Kris, if you're going to study there for a semester the three of us is going to miss our giant gay." Luhan went near him and pulled him into a big hug.

"Guys, it's just a semester. We've been friends like forever, right?"

And so, Lay, and Tao joined the two for a group hug.

"We know that Gege, we also support you with Seo-jie...but we're all worried that you'll be all alone there in Korea with no backups." their youngest expressed.

"Thanks Tao...I promise you, I'll be braver once I get there. I thank the three of you for everything. I owe you a lot guys."

"You should, because we don't want to hear a news that you're all running like an idiot for Seo again." Lay reminded him.

"Rest assured." he was really grateful that even though they're pranksters, and their ways are always giving him pain in the neck, their friendship is strong, and the three of them are all sincere people.

"By the way, if I passed where's my name?"

So it was the moment of the truth for him.

Tao retracted from their hug and pointed at the last posted paper on the bulletin board posted for the Exchange Students' Passers.

He then read his own name:

399. Wu, Kris

"Hey, is this alphabetical? Because they've mistaken to put me in the last, the next person to me is Z, and the person before me is letter B. How come?"

"Duizhang, are you dreaming that you will become one of the top notchers? Dream on." Luhan countered him.

And the trio was all serious that time.

 

Now it's all up to Kris, no backups. No saviors.

Will he survive all the obstacles waiting for him in Korea?

Or will he be a rightful candidate to be deported in Mongolia? 

 

A/N: Guys, this chapter is the second to the last. Let's give the four of them some sweet moments, eh?