Score to Her Heart

By Chance: You and I

ScoretoHerHeart

 

 

‘Don’t forget your promise tomorrow. I can’t wait to learn basketball! –Seohyun’

Kris’ smile was permanently plastered on his face due to the exchange student’s message as he was imagining what could happen for tomorrow afternoon’s basketball lessons lying on the couch while his other three ever loving best friends were watching television shows. It was his only time spending with the three of them after the past few weeks yet he still cannot devote himself o their overnight stay at Lay’s place that evening.

“Kris-gege…” Tao tried to get his attention pulling the sleeve of his cardigan. “…watch drama with us. We miss you already especially me.”

Unfortunately for their youngest, he was hypnotized by the simple massage that he could not avert his attention to anyone or anything else but to his mobile screen.

“Kris-gege...” the poor baby panda was getting frustrated.

“For the last time Huang Zi Tao call try to call that giant or else this remote control will literally fly like a dragon on that idiot’s face.”  Luhan hissed deviously as he was also getting frustrated because of the latter.

“Let him be Lulu…” Lay was all cool understanding their duizhang’s situation. “…it’s his first time liking a girl. At least we know that he is normal. Besides, that giant doesn’t really watch dramas, all he knows is NBA.”

“But I’ve never been like that to any other girl.” the ulzzang reasoned out.

“It’s because you two are way different from each other Luhan.” The unicorn boy sat on the carpeted floor with his usual upright posture. “Let’s just watch The Heir’s Love Story...good thing all the girls in this drama are all good-looking.”

“Yeah right.” Luhan just agreed though still disappointed to the towering handsome, “…but the other lead role,I always irk whenever it’s his scene he really looks like Duizhang!” he complained.

“I’ve noticed that too Luhan-gege that’s why I like watching that drama…I always watch that because of that mysterious gentleman. And seriously, I even like him more for Milady Kim.”

The two were really amused that their fierce looking youngest is an avid Korean drama fan. “Wow Huang Zi Tao, your interests are really something!”

He gave the two older boys an innocent puzzled look, “I’ve been watching that series since its pilot episode…what’s wrong?” he paused. “And the two of you...you’ve gotten to like it too, right?”

Thus, their youngest was stating a fact. It’s one of their clique’s top secrets. The three of them could easily get hook on a television drama despite their cool standing at Qingdao University. And what is more amusing is that they like it more when it’s heavy drama.

“Milady Kim’s going to be kissed by that evil Yi Xing this episode…I wonder what that slow poke Heir would do…seriously he couldn’t say I Love You.” Tao was really a fan boy even bashing the characters of the drama.

“More like Duizhang…” Luhan remarked, looking at their towering handsome’s direction.

Lay just laughed hard after hearing the latter’s remark, “Actually duizhang’s just slow, but not lame because he’s going to teach Seohyun how to play basketball tomorrow…I think he’s more like Wu Fan on that drama series.”

“Really, Kris’ going to teach Seohyun basketball tomorrow?” the ulzzang asked in excitement and disbelief, though he was kind of getting annoyed by their duizhang’s absence do to that girl Luhan was still the most supportive member of their clique. “…let’s think of a good scenario for tomorrow so Kris would look more handsome!”

 

“Boosting his charisma?” the unicorn-boy chuckled, “He’s already cool, but he’s really turning into a different person whenever he’s around Seohyun.” He was rather suggesting leaving their towering giant alone and just seeing how he makes his own move.

“Come on Lay, let’s do it for Duizhang!” Luhan insisted and even sat near beside the unicorn-boy, “Come on!”

“For some reason I know you have some other thing in mind…” the unicorn-boy gave the latter a suspicious stare, “…your playboy hormones again.”

His player attitude was given, but the girl the girl involve in their topic is not just another girl, she’s Seohyun – she was rather half-human half-angel and especially Kris’ love interest, “I’m not the type to get into your love affairs…you know that Lay.” He defended himself.

“So what’s the plan?”

“Let’s make him look cool, like let’s play basketball in front of Seohyun. Let us let him do hoops a lot.” The ulzzang shared his ‘brilliant’ idea.

“Kris is a shooter…so most likely he’s gonna do that. He’s different when he’s in court.” the latter countered.

“Then let’s make him even look cooler.” Luhan was really determined with his plan.

“How?” the latter was rather skeptical.

“A two-on-two basketball game in front of Seohyun isn’t that great?” his grinned widely.

Lay could not help himself but to laugh hysterically at the latter’s idea, “Luhan, are you serious? How could we do that?”

“Well, we are four…Tao’s tall, I could team up with Kris and you team up with baby panda.”

“But the problem is that baby panda is just tall, plain TALL and that’s all. All he knows is Wushu.”

“Lay-gege!” the poor youngest heard his name mentioned in their conversation again and was even mocked due to his poor basketball capabilities. “I’m really telling you guys to Kris-gege!” he began whining like a little child again.

 

 

Tao then went to call their duizhang’s attention. “Kris-gege, those two gege of mine they’re planning something for tomorrow and even insulted me.”

This time he finally got his Kris-gege’s attention, “Who insulted my baby panda?”

“Lay-gege and Luhan-gege!” he whined loudly pointing to the latter two.

“Lay, Luhan!” the towering handsome called the latter two’s attention in his usual scolding tone.

“What?” the ulzzang asked, he was instantly annoyed to their youngest blurter attitude. “We’re planning to help you here!”

"Help me for what?"

"Lay and I are planning to help you out for tomorrow, your basketball date with Seohyun." the ulzzang explained.

"It-It's not a date, I will only teach her how to play basketball, and that's it." Kris denied.

"Call it whatever Kris..." Luhan rolled his deer eyes. "...but to us it's still a date."

"S-so what are we going to do then?" he was quite nervous of what his friends were planning again. They're the best friends he could ever have, but when it comes to plans, these precious friends of his are doubtful.

 

----------

 

The four of them went to school an hour earlier to rehearse what they're going to do to 'impress' Kris' date.

"So you and I are going to team up Kris, and it will be Lay and Tao who are going to be our opponent." Luhan explained dribbling the basket ball and passed it to Kris.

"I think you should drop me out in this plan!" Lay protested looking at their youngest whose posture was as if he's going to perform Wushu rather than playing basketball, "...I swear this panda's going to Mongolia to become a Wushu master in the mountains if he is not going to do this plan right."

"Lay-gege, don't under estimate me...I'm the most athletic and the highest jumper amongst us four. I can interconnect my flawless Wushu skills to this!" he eyed the ball that was dribbled by his Kris-gege and ran to steal it from him.

Kris then boxed out and dribbled the ball skillfully away from their youngest. "You think I'm going to play easy on you panda?"

"I can do it Kris-gege, of course I'll do it beautifully so you can impress Seohyun-jiejie later!" he was not able to steal the ball from their duizhang after several attempts so then he decided to use his ninja moves to get the ball from him, he did a somersault and an assassin move of flitching the arm of the latter to its back and almost broke it.

"Ouch! Huang Zi Tao!" Kris cried out loud feeling that his arm almost got dislocated with their youngest flawless moves.

Luhan ran in between the two and retracted Kris from Tao's grip. "Flawless your face, Huang Zi Tao! How could Kris look good if you're going to break his arm now?"

"I-I was just trying to steal the ball from him." he defended himself, "Am I not doing the right move Luhan-gege?"

"Don't ask me the obvious Panda!" the deer-eyed ulzzang screeched," It's not a movie like Crouching Tiger Hidden Panda that everyone needs to fly and break someone's arm, idiot!"

"It's Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Lulu!" Lay corrected, "Let's just go back walk to class and forget about this...it's better not to rehearse this thing." he suggested even before his frustration grow even worse.

They then walked their way to the school grounds to their classroom, with nothing done properly according to what's planned.

----------

 

Seohyun was silently walking her way to the classroom. She was excited for her afternoon's basketball tutorial with Kris that she even brought sports bag with her rubber shoes and sweat shirt and jogging pants. 'Finally, I’m really going to learn basketball this afternoon. Kris you're really an angel to me. I'm thankful that I've found such a nice friend like you here in China.'

She then sprinted her way to the classroom, excited to see her friend when a group of girls blocked her way like mobs.

"So it's true that you're going to have a basketball date with my Kris later.” the leader of the seemingly mob group of females hissed near the belle's face.

"N-no. It’s not a date. Kris is just going to teach me basketball this afternoon, t-that's all. If you have problem with Kris, I will gladly tell him once I get inside the classroom." she tried to escape the group of mob girls who were blocking her but they're two persistent to hinder her way and even pushed her to the lockers that was in the hallway of the building.

"Tell it to Kris?" the leader of the mob girls even pinned her on the lockers.” So it's true that you're lurking around my Kris...Seohyun. Don't you know me?"

Seohyun doesn't really want to fight, and of course it was her first time to encounter the mob leader female, "How would I know you, it’s the first time I've seen you here!" she tried to retract herself from the latter's grip. Sure she was shorter in height, but she has a lot of force and was very persistent to hurt her.

"You don't know me?" she deviously hissed near the belle's face and smirked. "My name is Hyunah! I'm the president of Duizhang's fan club, and Duizhang's mine! So you better back off from flirting with him."

"I-I'm sorry but Kris told me he never had a girl friend, and he never mentioned you to me." she was indeed innocent on what's happening around her that even Kris' popularity doesn't seems to ring a bell to her.

She did not mean to offend anyone, but her innocence even worsened Hyunah's temper towards her.

Hyunah then grabbed her shirt's neckline, and threatened her. "I tell you be careful with your stay here if you still want to go back in China with complete body parts Seohyun!" she threatened the poor girl.

Though feeling a little rattle due to the number of girls who cornered her, she still tried her best to defend herself, this time grabbed her shirt's neckline from the latter's grip and used her sharp elbow to escaped from being pinned. "I'm sorry but I don't see anything bad being friends with Kris, he's really a nice person to me. So please excuse me."

Another girl from the mobbed snatched her sports bag from her other arm and Hyunah pushed her once more on the lockers, but this time it created noise for being hard. "How could you still act cocky you FLIRT!"

She angled her fist straight to Seohyun's beautiful face. She was about to throw a punch on her that even the belle just closed her eyes and was only waiting for her fist to land, when an enormous hand held her arm.

"Don't you dare or else this will be the first time I'm gonna use my hands to hurt a girl Hyunah." a low voice spoke from her back.

She looked from her sides and saw that her clique was cringing in fear and was looking behind her. "It's Kris... Hyunah!" a girl pointed on her back."

She then turned to him and instantly switched her mood into a lively yet flirty one, "Uh, I was just informing her that you and I are -"

But before she could even complete her lie, Kris swiftly grabbed Seohyun to his side from her wrist, and then diverted his gaze to her again. "There were never you and I, and don't you dare use my title Duizhang for your own sake!" he threatened the latter.

Seohyun slowly opened her eyes, she was expecting for pain but the moment she opened her eyes she found herself being dragged by Kris.

"Give me her bag." the duizhang hissed to the girl who snatched the belle's bag.

The latter then immediately give him the belle's sports bag, and walked away.

Though Hyunah was defeated, she was still persistent on getting Kris for her own, she whined, "Swear that flirt's gonna get it from me!"

A pair of hands held her shoulder and hissed to her ear, "As if we're not here."

"L-lay?" she tried to look at him from the periphery.

"Duizhang already found a girl, and it's not you." Luhan spoke straightforwardly flashing his angel smile which added sarcasm.

"Even team TaoRis is more popular than your team up? Did you have any shippers like us?" Tao spoke wickedly as the three of them followed Kris and Seohyun.

 

 

Kris has never removed his tight grip from Seohyun's wrist even if they already sat of their seats inside the classroom. It was really tight, but she did not get hurt rather she felt secured.

"Uh...Kris?" she called his attention trying to retrieved her arm from the latter's grip.

"Oh...sorry." he apologized and immediately removed his hand from her wrist as he instantly turned into his usual shy self in front of her. "...and your bag." he immediately handed her sports bag to her witthout even meeting her gaze.

"Thanks Kris." she expressed happily. "I never thought that you are really that cool in front of the others, you look really cool like a super hero in a movie."

He could only rejoice mentally for hearing complements, 'Of couse if everything is made up of matter in this world, you're the one only matter that MATTERS the most for me.'

"I-I’m not..." he denied.”It's just that I've seen you about to be hurt, of course I-I would rescue you." his face flustered red, he just confessed his feelings indirectly.

"That's why sometimes I doubt why they call you Duizhang..." she pinched his cheek, "...because you're too cute for that tough title."

He was almost about to explode because of the latter's action but good thing their professor already arrived.

He sighed as if he was saved by the bell.

-------------

 

Her most waited afternoon has come. Kris was going to teach her basketball.

She was really excited that she really dressed up in her sweat shirt, jogging pants and rubber shoes. She even tied her long black wavy hair which made her look cutier compared to when her long wavy black hair's down that she appears very beautiful and lady-like.

She made her way towards the four who were playing two-on-two basketball game while waiting for her.

"Kris, Luhan, Lay, Tao!" she waved her hand to the four.

When Duizhang heard her melodious voice, he stopped on his position that he did not notice that Luhan passed the ball hard on him that it hit his head hard.

Luhan immediately cringed on his position as the three of them stopped boxing out one another. Even Seohyun stopped to where she was standing and closed her eyes after seeing how hard the ball hit Kris' head.

Fortunately, Kris was under her spell that he did not feel the pain caused by the ball, and just walked his way to the belle's direction to welcome her.

"Hello." he sheepishly smiled as he waved his huge hand to her. 'I've never seen such girl so beautiful even in sports wear.' he was silently spazzing like a retard again.

"So, let's start?" she shyly smiled which caused her to look even attractive towards the latter.

"Y-yes." he answered as if he was completely hypnotized by the latter.

“I think we should leave Kris now.” Lay pulled Luhan and Tao out of the scene.

 

 

And so, the basketball tutorial of Seohyun and Kris began. An awkward silence enveloped the atmosphere of the two at first, since Kris could not utter any word to his pupil and just demonstrate few hoops avoiding nearing the latter.

“So it’s that the way to do it?” Seohyun broke the silence and gave him a quizzical look.

He then diverted his gaze to the latter and shyly wiped the few sweats that formed on his forehead. “Y-yes.”

“Give me the ball.” She signaled the latter to pass her the ball.

Duizhang seems overly gentleman that he would literally go near her and won’t pass the ball to her from a distance.

“You don’t really have to go here.” she signaled him to pass her the ball once more. “Pass it to me instead.”

As much as he wanted to act gentle, but the belle insisted so he passed the ball to her.

She tried to make several hoops but was not successful, until she grew a little frustrated and asked the latter, “How do you shoot this properly Kris?”

Though he was one hundred percent jumpy in the presence of the latter, he has no choice but to approach the latter and demonstrate the proper shooting.

He first demonstrated it to her step-by-step as she watched him intently.

“First, you need to bend your knees like this.” He then half-bent his knees. “Make sure that your dominant hand’s fingers should be spread out properly.” He then showed how her fingers should be spread on the ball. “Your other hand will serve as support on the side, at this point make sure your armpit, elbow and wrist is at 90 degrees, then extend your knees, as well as your forearm, and snap your wrist.” He then released the ball and made a clean three point shot.

Seohyun could not help herself but to admire the latter’s skill for basketball, he really looks so cool he was like a different person, so different from the clumsy and always stuttering Kris she used to be with whenever they read books. He looks really handsome in her eyes at that moment.

“Wow!” her eyes sparkled more than the usual as she watched how clean he made his three-point shot.

He then ran to get the ball and handed it to her. “You try.”

She then got the ball from his hand and braced herself to make a shot. She posed the way Kris demonstrated her to do so, “So, bend my knees like this right?” she asked his affirmation as she half-bent her knees.

He then nodded.

She then focused looking at the hole of the ring, “…hold the ball like this…then snap my wrist.” She then released the ball as she made a jump shot.

The basketball went round and round to the ring that made her feel anxious at that particular second. Though it was not clean as Kris’ shot, it eventually went into the ring – her first three point shot.

She could not contain her happiness and began to jump like a little child. “Yay! I made my first three-point!” she rejoiced.

All he could do was to silently watch the girl who makes his heart thud irregularly for the first time in his life. It always brings him in bliss whenever they read books together, but seeing her carefree side was priceless, especially he was the one who brought smile on her face.

“Have you seen that Kris?” she diverted her attention to the latter and ran to him still all hyped. “Thank you.” Subconsciously, she gave the latter an overwhelmed hug.

Indeed, it was his first score to her heart.