Last Chance

By Chance: You and I

 

Last Chance

"Good morning Seohyun." Kris handsomely greeted the orchids in front of Seohyun's apartment, he could not learn how to compose himself that he needed to practice greeting her good morning each day in two weeks time that the both of them walk their way to school and go home from school.

It was their final day of their finals examination, and everyone was rejoicing including the both of them since their tormenting subjects would all be bidding goodbye to them, as the semester break will start.

All were going smoothly for Kris, though he was not yet able to confess his real feelings towards the belle, all that mattered for him was being with her. He become oblivious about the time and space as if he was disoriented about time forgetting that after their final examination Seohyun has to go back to Korea.

Like a retard he kept talking to the plants in front of her apartment as he waited for her.

 

Few minutes later, the belle finally got out of the door wearing a bitter expression. 'After this day, goodbye Qingdao .' she sighed in disappointment, but that's a bitter fate she needed to face. Indeed, she enjoyed her three month stay in Qingdao, though it wasn't really smooth sailing, but she met good friends with Lay, Luhan, Tao, and most especially with Kris.

She saw the silly towering handsome greeting the flower's in her mini plant yard, she heard him say in different tones, "Good morning Seohyun! Good morning Seohyun. Good morning Seohyun?"

She really finds the latter's silliness as his charming side. She then forced herself to wear a smile, and began, "Good morning Kris."

She doesn't want the towering handsome to see how down she feels just by looking at him at that very moment.

Kris went all jumpy upon hearing her voice as he turned to face her, "G-g-g-good morning Seohyun." His rehearsal with the plants was thrown in vain. The belle really knows how to make him lose his cool.

She couldn’t help but to let out soft giggles because of the latter's silliness, 'I'm sure going to miss you Kris.'  She silently thought at that very moment.

The towering handsome blushed in embarrassment; he is becoming helpless whenever she's around.

"Good morning." he greeted properly this time as he meekly asked, "S-shall we walk now?"

"Kris, you're really cute for your height." she then neared him and literally tiptoed to poke his cheek.

"You really don't need to do Buing-buing."

 

Though feeling all happy, that he was mentally rejoicing again, he felt a sudden weird feeling due to the latter's sudden expressiveness. She's weirdly overly jolly at that very moment.

He got stuck for a second as he started he briefly daydream about them again.

"Kris." she beckoned the towering handsome as she loudly snapped her fingers near his ear.

"S-sorry, Seohyun." he immediately apologized for day dreaming.

"We're going to be late. Let's go." She then beckoned the latter to take her hand.

'What the - ? Is this for real.' he couldn't believe that the belle was reaching for his hand, it's just one of his day dreaming moments but it was really happening at that very moment. He then subconsciously slapped his right cheek hard, before holding the latter's hand.

"What's wrong with you Kris?" she laughed her heart out after seeing the latter's action as they began to walk hand-in-hand.

"What?" he absentmindedly asked back.

 

"You just slapped your cheek Duizhang." she covered as she continued laughing. Seriously, she was adapting the way Luhan laughs, she's became one of the derps for always being with them.

"Really did I?" he asked in disbelief like a retard. 'It's because it's like a dream now that we're walking hand-in-hand like this Seohyun.'

----------

After a half hour of walking their way to school, they then arrived in front of their classroom still holding each other's hand when Kris suddenly held the latter's hand down.

He is certain that he could not take all the teasing if his three ever loving best friends see them holding to each other's hands. Hence, he was just really meek.

"Why?" he suddenly heard the latter's voice asked in a low tone.

"S-sorry Seohyun." he awkwardly let out a smile trying to lighten up their mood as he opened the door for them.

No one was still there when they arrived, that he just came to realize that they've been coming to school earlier than usual since they began going and leaving school together.

He rubbed his nape for realizing that he did something silly again, "I forgot, we're earlier than anyone else here." they then walked their way to their seats and put their bags down as they sat beside each other.

Silence filled the classroom as the both of them went meek to each other. The towering handsome became silent for feeling shy due to the presence of the latter, while the belle chose to stay still as she wanted to stop time at that very moment because it will be the last day she will be spending with the towering handsome because she needed to go back to the place where she really belongs.

But she realized that she wanted to make a good memory for their last day together, that she doesn't want to let the day pass feeling all sentimental. She wanted them to spend fun time with her new found friends especially with Kris.

She randomly faced the towering handsome letting her hand out for a handshake, and introduced herself as if it was her very first time meeting the latter, "Da jia hao, wo xi Seo Joo Hyun."

"Seohyun?" he projected a puzzled look towards the latter. She was really acting weird.

"Just shake my hand Kris, I wasn't able to do this with you during my first day here." She offered her hand again.

"Da jia hao, wo xi Kris Wu. Nice to meet you." though he was completely thrown away by the latter's weirdness, he did what she wished.

He finally asked as the latter retracted her hand from his, "Seo, why are you acting all weird today?"

'Because I'll be leaving this late afternoon Kris and I don't want to say goodbye to you.' she chose not to answer the towering handsome's question.

She forced herself to project a smile, as tears started to form in her beautiful orbs, "Three months is too fast Kris."

"Yes it is Seohyun." he briefly agreed, 'How I wish I could extend your stay or better make you stay forever beside me.'

He chuckled, trying to lighten up the atmosphere. Though he also feels sad like the belle, seeing her cry is really the sight that he hated the most.

"D-don't worry Seo; I, Lulu, Lay, and Tao will surely send you off." he jested, assuming that the latter would depart from them from a few days from that day.

All she could do was to let a faint smile as tears started to trail down to her cheeks. "Thanks Kris. Thanks for treating me well during my stay here. Seriously, my stay here is the happiest memories I've created with my friends."

"Same here, we are really happy to have you as our group's only girl." he warmly smiled as he began patting the latter's shoulder.

'I'm really happy to have you as the first girl who caught my eyes, as my seatmate, as my dream girl, as my close friend, as the dearest girl aside from my mom, and as the first love of my life...you don't know how I wish that you would also be my last.'

"Could you give me a hug Duizhang?" she surprisingly requested from the latter, as she neared him and put her arms around his neck.

Kris' mind lagged at that very moment, another one of his day dream came true again. This time the hug he was only been imagining for the three long months.

He then eventually enveloped the latter into his embrace as requested.

It was not the first time that the belle pulled him into a hug, but that hug was different from the overwhelmed hug that the latter gave him when he taught her how to play basketball, that very moment was really intended, it was something that the both of them really shared.

"Don't cry Seo, you will look ugly and those three will start teasing you instead of me. Do you want that?" he tried to hush the latter from crying as he patted her back.

"Silly Kris." she couldn't help herself to let a chuckle, being silly is one of the towering handsome's charm and she will surely miss it.

"I know, if only I'm that cool like your prince charming Seohyun then it will not be a problem anymore."

'Truth is, I want to be your prince charming Seo.'

"But you look the coolest for me Kris."

"Don't joke around Seo."

The belle suddenly broke out from their hug, "But I'm not kidding Kris." she then wiped her remaining tears, and smiled, "Suho is Suho, and Kris is Kris...you're already Duizhang and you don't have to be a prince anymore to look cool for me."

'You don't have to be a prince charming Kris you're already the Duizhang in my heart.'

"Okay, I'll believe that." Kris briefly responded. He then paused and thought for a moment. "Do you want to eat lunch with me later?"

"You're wrong Kris." she started laughing like a derp. "It's supposed to be 'Do you want to eat Cucumbers?' Silly."

"Actually, that's was the mistake Seo." he shyly confessed as he cringed from his seat."I was supposed to ask you for lunch that time."

'But I was scared that you might reject me that is why I used the poor cucumbers as an excuse.'

"Now I know, and that's too adorable Kris." she jestingly patted the towering handsome's head as she continued laughing.

"I wish, Lay and Luhan will be like that to me, but all they know is hitting my head there and then." he wished like a little kid.

"They love you so much Duizhang, but you know how do they show their love to you right? Only Huang Zi Tao is the affectionate one..."

"...and it's all because of him why I was dubbed Giant Gay." he abridged, causing the latter to laugh harder, and eventually he laughed along as well.

But it's still feels weird, that after laughing hard together, as if something serious happened and silence enveloped them again. Suddenly, the belle leaned her head on the towering handsome's arm.

"Kris, could you bend down a little so I can lean on you properly."

"S-sorry Seo." he then slowly bent and adjusted the latter's head on his shoulder.

'You're definitely acting weird but it's okay. You can use my shoulder anytime you want. I will miss this once you go back to Korea. How I wish I could also be an exchange student just like you, but my grades are so-so not like sky rocketing high like yours.'

Then the two just remained leaning on each other until their other classmates and the other three arrived. Kris wanted to retract the belle's head on his shoulder from being shy, but the latter seemed wanted to stay. So he bear the the trio's teasing.

 

"Nice moves Duizhang!" Lay and Luhan chanted in chorus as the three of them cooed around the two.

"But what about me?" Tao contested.

"Hey, I'm not making moves here." he beamed sharply to the deer-eyed handsome and to the unicorn-boy, and eventually to their youngest. "Kris-gege's not leaving baby panda. So don't worry Tao."

"Giant Gay." the belle who was silently leaning her head on the towering handsome suddenly muttered.

The four of them were astonished by the latter's remark, and Lay and Luhan high-five and started laughing hard.

"Lay, you heard that Seob called Kris gay." the deer-eyed handsome remarked.

"Yeap Lulu, and it's the first time I've heard her say that!" the unicorn-boy agreed, "She's one of us!" he rejoiced.

"What are you two?" Kris gave the two of them a furious gaze. "How dare you pollute Seohyun's mind."

"We're not!" Luhan denied. "It's just that she noticed it because you and Tao are too obvious Kris." he then beckoned the belle to give him a high-five.

She then retracted her head from leaning on the towering handsome's shoulder and gave the deer-eyed handsome a high-five.

"See Kris? She agrees with me." the deer-eyed handsome stuck his tongue out annoying the towering handsome and their youngest.

"Player Gege!" Tao screeched in annoyance as he sat on Kris' arm chair wrapping his arms around his favorite big brother's neck.

Lay noticed their affectionate pose again and began chanting, "Team TaoRis, Team TaoRis, Team TaoRis!"

And eventually, Luhan and Seohyun joined to chant.

 

Few minutes later, their final examinations began. Kris have to transfer one seat apart from Seohyun for the whole test time.

The belle finished the whole one hundred item examination within a flash that she has to wait for the towering handsome to finish in front of their classroom door.

'I'm really going to miss the four of you, especially you Duizhang. If only a girl could confess her feelings for her crush then I've already done it before, but I'm sorry it's not so me.' she thought as she watched the four flower boys she became closed to particularly her seatmate Kris.

It took her to wait twenty minutes for the towering handsome.

"Sorry Seo I need to do my best there, you know Professor Song, she has all her temper on me." he instantly apologized to the belle as he exited the classroom.

"It's okay Kris."

"So, shall we eat lunch together?" he remembered his offer earlier.

"Sure." the latter replied with all smiles, plastered on her face.

It was not really lunch time yet, and unlike their first awkward lunch together their lunch now wasn't all about the almighty cucumbers, they were able to order sweet potatoes, Chinese yam, and apple pie which the belle loves to eat the most. Unlike before, he could barely utter a word for being so awestruck with the latter, but at that very moment he was still a little shy but he could be his real self. If he was stiffened by the latter's presence before, he could laugh care freely as the girl loves to laugh with him all with each other's silliness. These were the few small things that changed within three months time being together.

People might think that they're really slow but for reserved people like them, being comfortable and knowing that you're close at heart are more precious things to treasure than skinship.

-----------

The last day of examination has passed by so quickly.

Seohyun intentionally went home early not informing Kris about her departure at that very afternoon.

And so, he has no choice but to walk with his three ever loving best friends going home.

"Seo's acting weird today..." Kris opened up to the three, as he observed that the trio were also acting seriously weird too. "...even you guys. Why so serious?"

'Idiot! How could we not act like this, Seo's going back to Korea at exactly 7pm this evening and she told us not to tell you because she likes you too but you never made a serious move to let you know how you feel.' Lay thought as he literally jumped and hit the towering handsome's nape, "Idiot, how come you haven't confessed to her?"

"What? Why would I?" he asked protesting as his nape seriously got hurt."...and you three are really acting weird today, what's wrong with this day."

"Duizhang, you're not just a gay, you're a snail...a giant gay snail!" Luhan scornfully remarked.

Their youngest was the official blurter of their clique, but he was hesitating at that time because they've promised to keep it from his favorite gege, but then again, he contemplated and realized that it's Kris' happiness at stake if he's not going to tell it to him now. "Gege, you still have an hour to have Seo-jie's heart."

"What do you mean by that Huang Zi Tao?"

"Kris-gege...please go to the airport now Seo-jie's flight is at exactly 7pm this evening."

His eyes widened as his shoulders literally fell weak, "What?" he looked at his wristwatch and it was already 5:58pm.

He dropped his bag on the ground, "Please, my bag....home." he couldn't compose a proper sentence as his adrenaline rises and he began to dash his way going to Qingdao Airport.

"Duizhang! Aren't you going to use my car? We're almost here." Lay shouted at the top of his lungs as they were almost in front of their house. But the towering handsome was not able to hear him anymore, and seemed not hearing anyone for he could only think was to run until his legs collapse just to reach the girl of his dreams for the last time.

 

-----------

It was seemingly impossible because from Lay's place it will be a forty-minute drive going to Qingdao Airport.

He ran at his full speed to the point that he almost got hit by a motorcycle, car, and ten-wheeler truck because he wasn't bothering about street lights and street signs anymore.

He just reached half-way when he felt that his legs were shaky, he then looked at his watch and it says 6:33pm.

Tears started to trail on his face as he felt stuffy regretting that he have forsaken plenty of time not comfessing about his true feelings for the belle. But his only choice was to run, run as fast as he could even if there's only the slimmest chance for him right now.

'I love her, there's no way I can't tell it to her now.'

He then wiped his tears and continued to venture his way to the airport with his two feet.

 

It was already 6:58pm when he set foot in the airport. And unfortunately for him, he still has to find her in the sea of strangers. He ran here and there until he saw a tall, frail figure, with long wavy hair girl with her luggage from a short distance. He then rushed and approached the girl, "Seo-"

The girl spun and faced him. Unfortunately, she's not Seohyun.

"S-sorry." he apologized as he panted hard, about to lose his breath along with the littlest hope he could hold on to.

His frustration went up to his head, that all he could to was to shout his heart out, "Seohyun!"

He then continued to venture in the sea of crowd when he saw the princely gentleman, talking with a girl wearing huge specs.

"Seohyun!" he shouted on top of his lungs as he started getting his visions blurred as he ran towards them.

The belle instantaneously spun as she heard the towering handsome's voice calling her name.

"Kris." she muttered his name as went gape seeing how awfully sweaty and tired the towering handsome looked like running towards their way.

 

As soon as the towering handsome was able to reach her, he immediately wrapped her in an embrace and started to cry.

"Dude, wipe your sweat off. What's wrong with you?" Suho tried to retract the towering handsome from the belle.

But Kris couldn't hear anyone but his heart and Seohyun's voice that he did not bother with the princely gentleman's presence.

"Look at you, as if you run all the way here." she briefly retracted herself from the latter's embrace as she briefly scolded him.

"I really have to run my way here Seo." he responded, still trying to gain his balance back, still crying,

"How did you know I'm -"

"Why didn't you let me know that you're already going back to Korea now?" he asked shouting, he couldn't contain his emotions anymore.

"I don't want you to know Kris." she looked down on the ground as her eyes became teary as well.

"I know I'm already late Seo, but better be this way than never." he suddenly felt the tension in his chest again. 'Should I tell her?'

"What is it Kris?" she held back her tears before facing him again.

"T-take Care." another stupid phrase escaped from his mouth. 'Shoot!' he cursed under his breath.

"Y-you too Kris." she replied quite disappointed.

Suddenly he pulled the latter into an embrace and kissed her cheek.

The belle’s eyes widened in surprise she’s not expecting that the towering handsome would make such move.

He then held her face, and began, “Actually…I….” he then closed his eyes in embarrassment and said it all out, “I love you Seohyun.”

Tears gushed from the belle’s eyes, all this time she thought she was the only one who secretly liked the towering handsome. Yes, he grew into her, his ways made her eventually love him. “Actually Kris, I love you too, it’s just that I intentionally not mention that I’m going back to Korea anymore because I’m worrying that this might grow even deeper.”

“I promise you, I’ll be there in Korea in no time. Just wait Seo.”