Bluetooth

By Chance: You and I

Bluetooth

 

 

It has been two weeks since Duizhang personally get to know the beautiful exchange student, ruined his stomach with cucumbers, and instantly fell for a girl at first sight.

Imagine if he did not mistakenly blabber about Mr. Cucumber, he would not get the chance to be with the girl who is so much different form the other girls – his ideal girl.

She is really beautiful, thought she is not a campus crush material, but more of Miss Wits due to her intimidating intelligence; imagine a person who could manage to remain calm after a one hundred item oral examination and got to answer all the one hundred questions correctly – that’s Seo Joo Hyun.

Well, she’s called Seohyun by the infamous Duizhang now since he has gotten quite close to her.

 

 

Kris Point of View:

 

‘ I’m so not going to talk about the Almighty Cucumber anymore, all thanks to that vegetable I ruined my stomach. But yeah, I owe it big time since it paved way for me and had this chance to know this girl who is sitting net to me right now under this big oak tree while reading our favorite self-improvement books, I am not mistaken – our favorite self-improvement books, I repeat. She is also fond of reading such and this book, “No One Can Live Your Life but You Yourself” I am holding, I mean reading right now belongs to her.

I really don’t mind if my best buds dub me Mr. Slow Motion right now, it’s better than Giant Gay. I am not like Luhan who has a two weeks expiry date on every girl he dates, and I am not like Lay and Tao who collects a lot of flings. I am way too different from them, and this girl beside me is way too different from the other girls whom I encounter and even courted me before – she’s too pure, and if I am going to make a move, I want every detail of it to be perfect. I want things between us to run slowly but surely.'

 

 

 

 

“Why don’t you play along with them?” Seohyun asked pertaining to his three best buddies who were playing soccer together on the field.

“Not much of a soccer player.” He briefly responded not averting his gaze from the book he was reading.

“I thought you’re an athletic type.”

“Quite much when I was younger, I used to play basketball.” He replied, this time turning his attention to the girl who was sitting next to him. “Why do you ask?”

Her eyes instantly shined like a newly polished diamond,” So you can teach me how to play basketball some time?”

“You’re interested in playing basketball?” he asked coolly. “Of course, anytime you want.”

Duizhang was slowly adjusting to the latter’s ways. He slowly grew comfortable being around with her and talking with her from time to time, though his being tongue –twirled  for her being always so amazing still happens more often. At least, he has progress; rather they have progress to each other.

 

 

 

On the other hand, Duizhang’s three ever ‘loving’ best friends were playing soccer together were also talking about them, rather they were feeling a little jealous because their giant gay towering handsome spends most of his time with their newbie classmate.

“See Kris? Goodness! Swear that was the tenth books he finished for these past two weeks.” Luhan pointed to Kris directly who was several meters away from them, and eventually kicked the soccer ball to Lay’s direction.

“I know Lulu, but consider him for being like that, for the first time in his almost 22 years living in this world, that abnormal only had his eyes on a girl. We almost thought that he is not really straight, but all thanks to Seohyun.” Indeed, unicorn-boy was the most understanding amongst them.

“She’s just a girl, she’s hot but definitely not the Hottest you can call. What the difference of having a first crush on having several girlfriends?” the player ulzzang reasoned out.

“Luhan, you really won’t understand Kris since you two are completely different!”

“We’re both good-looking.” The ulzzang said coolly, “Are you talking about our height?”

He kicked the ball hard back to the latter, and responded, “Kris only has his eyes on one girl, and you’re a total player, you idiot!”

Their baby panda laughed hard hearing his Lay-gege giving lectures to his Luhan-gege for the fact that the three of them were really players themselves. He budged in, “We are all the same Lay-gege, don’t scold Luhan-gege that much. Maybe Luhan-gege is just jealous of Kris- gege’s girl, because she’s way more beautiful with the bunch of girls he’s been dating right now!”

“Shut up Huang Zi Tao!, maybe you’re the one jealous, you can’t hug your beloved Kris-gege these days.” Luhan mischievously teased their youngest.

“I’m not.” Tao denied.

“But seriously Tao, do you get jealous that you can’t get to panda hug your favorite Kris-gege anymore?” the unicorn-boy pried the latter.

“Well, I am. A bit.” He admitted, “…but I’ll be happy to support Kris-gege even if team TaoRis gets eventually dissolved.”

Indeed, team TaeoRis grew on baby panda’s heart. Now that Kris has eyed the girl of his dreams he sure miss their Duizhang who seemingly spoiled him a lot.

“But I wonder if Kris has already gotten that gorgeous’ number…” Luhan uttered in his usual player tone wondering about their Duizhang’s progress. “…though I recently realized that she’s not my type she’s still hot, right?”

“I bet not.’ Lay presumed.”…you know Kris very well. He even told me last week that he is already satisfied sitting beside her, and I want to burry him alive for being so old fashioned.”

Luhan’s expression turned into disgust, “It’s rather greasy than being old fashioned Lay.”

 

 

Then their youngest suddenly ran towards their Duizhang's direction and shouted, "Kris-gege, Lay-ge said that he wants to bury you alive and Luhan-ge thinks that you're greasy!"

"Noisy panda!" Luhan screeched as he and the unicorn-boy ran after the latter.

 

 

 

"Those two gege of mine they told me you're too old fashion and that you also look greasy!" the baby panda uttered in his normal tone which was audible enough to be heard by Seohyun.

Unfortunately for Kris, she heard everything and wore a questioning face towards them.

Kris sheepishly smiled, and covered their baby panda's loud mouth. He got absolutely tongue tied, "old fashioned and greasy" those words were too obvious, he could still consider old fashioned since it's quite a descent remark, but greasy? Definitely unforgivable!

"Who said that greasy word?" he hissed to Tao's ears so that it would be incoherent to the latter.

"Luhan-gege." Tao muttered.

Then he released their youngest. "Luhan's gonna get some nice beating from me."

"Hello Seohyun." unicorn-boy flashed his famous dimpled smile as he waves his hand greeting the latter.

"Hello Lay." the exchange student waved back.

"Hello there y." Luhan once again used his playboy tone greeting the latter.

But instead of smiling and greeting him back he earned an upset face from the girl. Totally wierd but Seohyun doesn't want to be called y.

Kris instantaneously flew his hand hard on Luhan's nape. "Take that!"

"Ouch!" he irked in pain rubbing his nape that instantly got swollen due to their Duizhang's hitting.

"Greasy huh?" Kris made him remember his previous remark, then he the latter once more.

"And what was that again!?" He asked rather protesting to the towering handsome.

"...for calling her that way!" Duizhang growled.

"That was a complement!" the ulzzang reasoned out.

"But she's not that type to be called like that easily." the towering handsome shot back.

"It's okay guys, don't fight over that thing." Seohyun got in between them. "...I'm just not used of being called like that, it sounds weird for me."

Luhan smiled sheepishly, and asked, "Oh I'm sorry. But, should I call you beautiful instead?"

Without a doubt, he is a player.

Kris instantaneously released his violent reaction, "Luhan! Don't include Seohyun on your list."

"I know right, and I don't plan to include her." he admitted his true self. "...for I know Kris." he then let out a mischievous laugh and stares at their other two friends with full of meaning.

The beautiful lass instantly looked at Kris’ questionably.

“Luhan!” he panicked due to her stare and aggressively covered the ulzzang’s loud mouth.

But Kris’ is really ‘fortunate’ he still has his two ever loving best friends aside from Luhan that he just shut. The unicorn-lad then spoke on behalf of Luhan, “…well as you can see what our Luhan just wanted to tell you that - “

Before he could even continue his sentence he immediately sensed their Duizhang’s devious stare. “…that our Duizhang is really a good person.’ he couldn’t think of a more stupid excuse other than that.

“Oh, yes, yes. Kris is really a good person. He is very nice.” Good thing Seohyun is really innocent; rather she’s no really good in charades.

Once Luhan was able to shove Kris’ grip, he immediately went near to the lass, and asked, “Would you mind if I get your number?”

The girl was really surprised with his fast moves.

“That’s how you do it Kris-gege.” Tao put his arm around the latter’s shoulders.

Kris cannot his envy from Luhan’s confidence, he has been hanging out with her for already two weeks but he never dared to get her mobile number because he is too shy.

He then grabbed the ulzzang’s shoulder, and looked at him seriously.

“What?” Luhan diverted his attention to his shoulder and eventually diverted his gaze to the latter. He knew his best buddy very well, and the meaning of the latter’s staring. He then started explaining to the exchanged student, “Seohyun-ah, well as much as I really want to become friends with you, but I think our Kris’ here is just shy he cannot ask for your mobile number personally. But if you don’t mind would you give it to him?”

“Kris, why didn’t you tell me?” she averted her attention to Kris.

The towering handsome literally wanted to hide himself behind his three ever loving best friends.  Indeed, they are really ever loving and such a jinx blessing for him.

“Ah, I forgot.” He rubbed his nape, while looking oh so stupid because of his excuse.

The here couldn’t help themselves and laughed hard with their Duizhang’s epic reaction.

To no avail, he got his phone in his pocket.  His hands were shaking, and his tone was really tensed, “Seohyun…uh, can I get your number?”

“Yes you can, but no you may not.” She uttered in a rather serious tone, jesting to increase the tension of the latter.

“Oh, okay.” His facial expression couldn’t lie that he really was disappointed, but before he could even put his phone in his pocket again Seohyun spoke, “I was just kidding, you’re too serious Duizhang…cute.” She giggled due to the towering handsome’s silliness.

He flustered extremely red due to the latter’s remark, ‘Lord, she called me Cute! Thank you!’

But his moment was cut again by his ever loving best friends laughing, “Duizhang is Cute! Dogs are cute. Therefore, Duizhang’s a dog!” Lay is really brilliant when it comes to forming such conclusions.

He flatly remarked, “How did he pass Logic with such thinking?”

But then he found the girl of his dreams giggling on their antics. “Kris, I never thought that you guys could really be this funny.”

“Well, it’s only Kris who is really funny, we’re just here to make fun of him.” The ulzzang jestingly remarked pinching Kris’ cheek.

“Well, should I really give you my number now?” Seohyun asked Kris.

He shyly respond, “I-if you want.”

It’s 0906xxxxxxx”, then she handed her phone to the towering handsome to touch type his number.

‘0907xxxxxxx.’ He touched typed his number and returned the latter’s mobile with his shaky hands.

“Are you okay Kris?” she asked.

“I, I am, okay.” He nervously replied but deep inside, he was more than okay and was rejoicing as if he just won a million dollar lottery, ‘Yeahbah! I finally got her number.’ He even imagined throwing his fist in the air.

 

 

 

When the four of them were walking their way home during the afternoon, Kris cannot stop himself from looking at her number on his mobile screen. He was like an idiot grinning all by himself when Lay snatched his phone from his hands, “You cannot just stare at it forever. You should message her!”

He snatched back his mobile phone from the latter, “Wouldn’t I be too fast if I do that?”

“Fast?” he earned a smack on his head from the ulzzang, “I even made a way for you because you’re too slow, and now you’re thinking that merely messaging her is too fast!?”

“Yeah Kris-gege, are you planning to message her next year?” Tao seconded.

“Of course not.” He replied, “But – “

“No buts, or else I’m really gonna make my move on her tomorrow if you wouldn’t.” Luhan threatened him.

“Fine.” He then messaged Seohyun, ‘Hello.’

 

 

Though he did not immediately have a reply from the latter, who would have thought that their Bluetooth-like connection would start with the simple SMS?  It was only then when he got home that he had a reply from the latter that says, ‘Hi.’

 

Their SMS conversation continued until late in the evening. That was the first time Kris’ appreciated his mobile phone that much.

‘Would you really teach me Basketball then?’ Seohyun asked.

‘Of course, let me teach you basketball this Friday afternoon.’ Kris replied.