When The Walls Come Tumbling Down

Behind Locked Doors

 

    'Hankyung has terminated his contract. He filed a lawsuit against SM, for this you will have no further contact with Hankyung. There will be no goodbyes, he's already back in China. His stay is permanent. He no longer is a part of Super Junior; he no longer lives in South Korea. He has returned to go solo in China. Take a few days to compose yourselves. You will be expect to hold a conference reassuring your fans that everything will be ok. I expect you all to be smiling and ready for work in 5 days, you got that? You are Super Junior, the world is watching you, and you have no time to dally about. Now go home' their manager stated tiredly.

'H-Hyung...you're joking right? This is just some stupid hidden camera and Hannie will step out laughing any minute right?' Heechul couldn't wrap his head around their manager’s words.

'No Heechul, he's gone. He isn't coming back'

                 Their manager’s words rang through Heechul's head. He still refused to believe any of this. It had to be a joke. The members were playing a hidden camera on him. They had to be. He'd arrive home and Hankyung would pop out, smiling and laughing. Ready to hug Heechul and put up with his little fit at them for getting him all worried for nothing. Heechul smiled slightly, believing the reason his mind was feeding him. Looking around the van though, he had his doubts. Leeteuk had an arm around a crying Sungmin, coaxing the younger boy with gentle words. Donghae was cuddled up against Eunhyuk, Eunhyuk his hair and wiping his tears away as his own fell. Heechul started to doubt himself at the lost and hurt faces of s. Heechul could see their mouths moving; see the worried glances they threw him or other members. Heechul hadn't said anything since they'd entered the van; he'd simply slid into the back, refusing to believe that is Hannie had left him. He couldn't, there was no way he'd ever leave Heechul   

              Kyuhyun was seated next to the cat like diva in the back. A teary eyed Ryeowook pressed into his right side as Yesung reached back to wipe away his tears. Kyuhyun couldn't help but observe the man on his left. He hadn't said a word since they'd left the SM building that was unusual for Heechul, who was constantly talking or teasing or bickering with one of the members. Whenever Heechul was silent it meant something bad. That he was deeply hurt and didn't want to show it, that he wanted to cry but felt the need to be strong to protect s. Most people thought Heechul was cold and narcissistic but Kyuhyun knew better, all the members did. That Heechul hid behind his persona, hid his fears and cared for s more then he could ever care about himself. He had feelings that ran so deep that Leeteuk worried that he'd drown in them someday. Kyuhyun took in everything about the man with his head against the window. Those deep chocolate eyes that'd glint with mischief were closed, long lashes framing them prettily. Dark shadows stood out against his milky white skin under his eyes, his face framed by dark hair that smelled like oranges. Kyuhyun watched amused by how his lips, those gorgeous tempting lips, twitched into a half frown as if he was debating against someone. He seemed to be lost in his thoughts and Kyuhyun couldn't blame him. Hankyung was his best friend, they did everything together and after, Hankyung had been Heechuls boyfriend since the group had formed before Kyuhyun had arrived. A fact that constantly drove Kyuhyun to sighing and crying in Sungmins arms out of his love for the older. 

         Kyuhyn's body jerked forward as the van pulled to a stop. The members slowly making their way out, holding onto each other. Taking comfort in each other’s touch. Kyuhyun shook Heechul’s shoulder gently, causing the older man to open his eyes and look at him. A tired and worn out look. 'What is Kyu-ah?' Heechul sighed, being dragged out of his thoughts by the maknae's gentle touch and adorable eyes. 'We're home Heechul' Kyuhyun stated. Heechul nodded and pushed past him out of the van. Kyuhyun gazed after him worriedly. Sungmin was waiting for Kyuhyun, giving him a worried look, 'He didn't scold you for not calling him 'Hyung'' Sungmin stated as they watched Heechul retreat inside the building. Kyuhyun gulped rubbing his temple, 'I know Minnie'. Sungmin grabbed Kyuhyuns arm and together they slowly entered their dorm on the 11th floor. Changing their clothes and grabbing blankets, heading up to the 12th floor. None of the members wanted to sleep in separate dorms tonight.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

      Heechul hovered outside the door to his dorm on the 12th floor. His heart pounded wildly as he tried to breath. His heart telling him that something bad await him in the dorm but his head telling him that Hankyung would be waiting, a smile on his pale pink lips and calling him 'papo' when he saw how worried he was. Heechul took deep breath and entered the dorm. He took off his shoes and coat, taking his time to stall what he feared to be true. He checked the living room first. Most of the members were there, sitting quietly, blankets and pillows surrounding them. The Yewook couple were cuddled up in an armchair, Ryeowook with his head buried into Yesungs chest, clutching his t-shirt. Eunhae were stretched across the couch, Donghae holding on to his Nemo plushie as Eunhyuk kissed his nose and his hair. Leeteuk was by the window, smiling sadly as Kangin whispered sweet nothings through the phone to him from his army base. Donghae smiled at Heechul softly, 'Hyung, we're all going to sleep up here and watch a movie, will you join us?’ Heechul could only nod before turning to see an empty kitchen.

        Fear gripped him as he head down the hallway that led to their rooms. He could hear Shindong in the shower and Siwon gathering more blankets while humming some church song. Heechul reached the door to his and Hankyungs room. Their names and a warning for members to knock before entering unless they wanted to see men hung n the door. Along with their handprints. Heechul placed his hand against Hankyung handprint, a memory of how Hankyungs thin finger fit perfectly between his rose to mind. 'He’s in here, I bet he is, he is asleep and tired. He'll be waiting for me' Heechul thought to himself. His hand shook slightly as he turned the handle. He closed his eyes and stepped into the room. 'Hannie, baby, Rella is home' Heechul’s voice shook and echoed in the room quietly. Heechuls heart shattered when he heard no reply.

       Heechul opened his eyes. He could feel his heart breaking into pieces as he gazed around the room. Hankyung bed was made. His clothes, his personal affects, his pictures and suitcases, all of it was gone. There was no trace of the happy-go-lucky Chinese man left in the room. It was empty and at that moment so was Heechul. He searched the room frantically. Not noticing as his tears fell and breaths turned to quiet sobs. He glanced at his bed to see an envelope.  Across it was 'To my Cinderella' written in Hankyung bad Korean. Heechul gripped it, sitting on the bed; he opened it and started to read.

   'Dear Heechul,

     I know that as you're reading this you are plotting my murder. And I sorry Rella, this isn't a hidden camera on you. The members aren’t pranking you and I'm not coming back. Not to Super Junior, ever Heechul. I can't, not if I want to remain healthy. All the schedules and dancing and sleepless nights are affecting my body. Dancing has become painful; I can't even do a routine without hurting myself. I refuse to tolerate this anymore. Being sent to China ever few weeks, being treated worse then the rest of you all because I'm Chinese. I deserve better Rella; I deserve to be happy and respected. SM can't do that. They don't respect me. I don't regret being in Super Junior. I have loved every second and you are my brother but I fear I have lied to you Rella. And this will hurt you the most.

I loved you at first, and I love you now but I'm in love with someone else. A girl here back home. And every time I came home she was here, you weren't...and she was perfect. She is perfect but I couldn't bring myself to break up with you because you amazed me. But she stole my heart. So I leave with no regrets except that I couldn't say it to your face that I haven't been in love with you for a few years now and that I can't tell you how sorry I am for leading you to believe I was. You're m best friend Chullie, but I ask that you don't contact me or ask about me. I want you to be happy. And I know there is someone there that you could never see just how much he loves you and he can give you more then I can. I can only hope that you realise who he is and let him loves you.

Goodbye, Heechul'

   Heechul felt himself shatter completely. He could feel all the walls he'd built up come tumbling down. His Hannie, the man he'd loved, his first, had betrayed him. And the only thing Heechul could think was 'Why? Why wasn't I good enough?’ His anger got the best of him and he leapt to his feet. He began to tear and smash everything he could get his hands on. Screaming and sobbing as he did. He could hear Leeteuk calling him but he ignored it. All he could hear was the blood pounding in his ears and the tiny voice in his head telling him he wasn't good enough. That he'd never deserved Hankyung or love. Heechul grabbed the framed photo of him and Hankyung, smashing it against he wall as he let out a sob. Exhausted, Heechul collapsed onto the ground. His chest heavy and his breathing coming out in heavy sobs. He gasped at a sharp pain in his arm, seeing a shard of glass sticking out of his arm. With shaking hands he pulled it out letting out a scream of pain, both physical and mental as he did. Arms wrapped around him and a soft deep voice whispered sweet things to him, promises. He felt his body melt into that person’s chest. Leeteuk and Donghae were on the floor beside him, cleaning the cut and gazing at him worriedly. The other members stood in tears or were trying to clean the mess made by Heechul. Heechul gazed up to see it was Kyuhyun cradling him, tears running down the maknae’s cheeks as he held him. Heechul could only sob as Kyuhyun wiped his tears and rocked him, 'He never loved me Kyuhyunnie, he never cared. He cheated on me and left. He didn't care. I wasn't good enough, why wasn't I good enough'. Kyuhyun rocked the older man. He was fragile and Kyuhyun just wanted to hold him together. 'You were more then enough Chullie-ah, he just couldn't see it' Kyuhyun whispered as Heechul’s sobs turned into deep breaths. The older falling into a deep sleep while the younger rocked him and sang to him softly