They Met Again

ADDICTED *COMPLETED*
“If I have a good voice, I would definitely join this singing competition,” Aoi was fretting over a large singing contest poster.
Miharu looked at her friend. “What is so good with that singing contest, by the way?” she asked.
Aoi looked at her. She sighed. She knew that her friends wouldn’t understand her obsession for the boy band, HeiSei. She was a huge fan. “It’s because, Yamada Ryosuke would join this year.” She explained.
“Yamada who?” asked Yuki beside her.
Aoi was shocked with Yuki’s reaction. “Yamada Ryosuke,” she said in a confused voice. She felt a dark aura surrounded Yuki. She hadn’t seen her this angry since her brother Yuya left last year.
Miharu looked at Yuki. “What’s the matter?”
“Is this Yamada guy, the short, fat, white anemic guy?” Yuki asked Aoi.
“Hoy! Yama-chan is not fat. He just have a good appetite besides, he really have a nice abs. And he is not short, he is not as tall as the other members of their band but his height is ok. And he is not anemic, he is just fair. Really fair…” Aoi said trying to fight for Ryosuke.
“Yeah, whatever. Is that buta really going to join this contest?” asked Yuki tapping the poster.
Aoi nodded but exclaimed, “he is not a pig. I told you, he has great abs.”
Yuki didn’t care. “How can I join this?” she asked.
Aoi and Miharu’s eyes widened. Yuki has a great voice but she never joined any singing contest. They can’t even ask her to sing during school festival because she never did.
“What went to your head that you decided to join this contest? Don’t tell me a crap like, because you want to enhance your talent or show your talent to other people. That is definitely not you.” Miharu commented while looking intently at her.
They all knew that among the three of them, Miharu was the most sensitive. One wouldn’t be able to keep a secret from her. She had a “people radar” whenever she went. She knew immediately that a person is in distress even though she didn’t know them.
Yuki looked at the two of them. “I will crush this Yamada Ryosuke.” She said calmly.
Miharu smiled while Aoi shrieked.
“I will not allow you to join!” exclaimed Aoi.
Yuki looked at Aoi intently.
Aoi sobbed and lowered her head. “Ok, I’ll ask my cousin who is one of the organizers.” She gave in.
Yuki smiled at her friend and hugged her. Aoi responded bitterly.

“What really happened to you and this Yamada guy?” asked Miharu while they were in the cafeteria. Aoi was still in the counter buying her food.
Yuki told Miharu what happened.
“Really arrogant.” Miharu commented afterwards. “That is what I hate in guys, they are so full of themselves. They just don’t know how to treat a girl.”
“Not all guys,” said Yuki. “My brothers are not like them.”
“Your brother Yuya is a huge playboy,” Miharu commented. She saw Yuya changed girlfriends as if he was changing his undies.
“He is not. He is just so nice that he couldn’t turn down the girls. And Yuri is also very gentlemanly.”
“You know, you are the only sister that I know of who loves her brother so much.” Miharu said while sipping her milk.
“Eh, hontou?” Yuki asked but commented after a while, “I don’t think so. I guess girls who have brothers love their brothers. If they fight, those are just petty misunderstandings.”
Miharu shrugged, “I don’t know. I don’t have any siblings. Besides, if I have one, I want it to be a girl.”
“But boys pampers their baby sisters,” Yuki disagreed.
It was then, the cafeteria went silent. They saw that the girls stopped talking and stared at a new comer. The boys took their time to see whom the girls are staring at.
A cute short lean boy with thick eyelashes came in. He had a ready smile on his face. He had two bentos in his hand. He walked towards Yuki’s table.
“Speaking of brothers…” Miharu sighed. Aoi was already on her side.
“Ohayou Yuki-kun.” The guy greeted. He gave Miharu and Aoi a smile which Aoi returned while Miharu produced only a smirk.
“Yuri-chan, look at what you’ve done. The girls are staring at you, again.” Yuki commented. The twins had weird endearment for each other.
Yuri put his arms around her. The girls in the cafeteria including those who are serving in the counter gasped. Yuri toyed at her hair and moved his face near hers. “I missed you, Yuki-kun…” commented Yuri. Yuki’s face blushed. The girls who were staring sighed and the guys envied Yuri.
“Oh, quit your siblings love act. It’s so gross!” Miharu commented loudly. They knew that Yuri loved doing that sibling love act with Yuki. They’d seen worse actually.
“Ehe!” Yuri smiled and gave her a peace sign. “I missed you, too, Miharu-chan,” he said while bringing out the two bentos.
“How about me, Chinen-kun? Did you miss me?” asked Aoi.
Yuri looked at her and gave her a heart melting smile. “Of course, Aoi-chan.”
Aoi smiled back. The tension and excitement in the cafeteria subsided although there were eyes which constantly flew their way.
“Yuri-kun, did Yuki tell you that she will be joining a singing competition?” Aoi asked Yuri.
Yuri smiled, “about time.”
“But, she’ll be joining because she wanted to defeat someone,” Aoi commented while pouting. They knew that Aoi was only looking for sympathy.
“Well, it’s just the same. Yuki-kun will be joining a singing competition and there is a huge chance that she’ll be winning because she has a huge motivation.” Said Yuri in a matter-of-factly tone.
“But still, her motivation is not proper,” Aoi whimpered.
Yuki looked up, “Hey, don’t talk to me like I am not here. I don’t like the sound of it.”
Yuri smiled at her. He was given a gifted smile. Yuri could set up the mood and everything in between.
A girl approached their table. She was tall and lean. Her curly hair reached only on her shoulders. She had a frown in her face. She looked serious yet calm. She cleared to be acknowledged by the group.
Yuri looked at the girl. He smiled at her. The group saw her blushed a little but then she was emotionless.
“Doue, Oburi-chan?” asked Yuri.
Kenshinki Oburi was a third year senior high student. She was the vice-president of their student council. She didn’t like to smile and she had a passive face although sometimes, her eyes betray her.
“We have a problem, pres,” Oburi addressed Yuri.
“Ah, but it is lunch time. I am eating with these lovely ladies,” Yuri complained like a kid. “Can’t you do anything about it?” he asked Oburi in his puppy-eyed expression.
Oburi shook her head, “No can do, pres,” she said.
Yuri pouted then smiled at them. He followed Oburi out of the cafeteria. Envious stares followed the two. Boys envied Yuri while girls envied Oburi. They were the best students of the school.
Chinen Yuri, the school’s prince as the ladies address him was the president of the Student’s Council. He was in 2-A and the best in his class though Yuki never saw her brother put an effort into anything. He was a happy-go-lucky guy but he still excels in everything that he does.
He was also a good singer. Yuki once said that it runs in their blood since their older brother Yuya was also a good one.

Meanwhile, in the student council office…
Yuri entered the office. A group of boys stared at him. Their eyes were red and angry. They followed all his actions until he sat behind the presidential table.
He smiled at them. “Good day, boys.” He started. “It seemed to be a very nice day to go into trouble. What’s up?” he asked still smiling at them.
One of the guys who had his polo’s button open to reveal a black sando literally spat on the floor.
The members of the student council stared disgustingly at the man.
Yuri smiled at him, “Now, now, Shirohiyo-kun, who will be cleaning that afterwards?” he commented rather than asked.
“Don’t call me Shirohiyo-kun, we’re not close,” the guy told Yuri.
Yuri’s smile never left his face. “Of course, we are not. I don’t really associate myself to your kind.”
The guy heard this and boiled up. “What do you mean by that? Are you saying that we are low and you are high!?” the guy was already up on his feet and had his fist on a ball.
“I didn’t say that, Shirohiyo-kun, but if you say so, that would be fine with me.” Yuri flipped on his files.
“What the–“ the guy was already infront of Yuri’s desk while the other two looked like they didn’t care.
“By the way, what did you guys do now?” Yuri asked calmly and looked at Shirohiyo.
“None,” one of the guys answered. This one had a blond hair. He might have been handsome before but then, alcohol and nicotine didn’t do wonders on his appearance.
“They were doped.” It was Oburi who answered. Within the group, only she and Yuri were calm. The others were either scared or panicking.
“We are not!” another guy answered. This guy looked restless all throughout the time he stayed on the office. He kept on shifting positions in the couch. This guy was a total delinquent; he was once caught stealing beer in a 24-hours variety store. He was sent to jail for a day. They couldn’t detain him since he was underage.
Yuri looked at them. He had a serious face now. His handsome young feature suddenly turned into an intelligent looking young man. “Doped? Where did you get that?” his tone was full of concern now.
“I told you, we are not!” shouted the guy who was once caught stealing.
Oburi brought a pack of white powder in front of Yuri. “This was taken from Hamokito’s bag.” She explained.
Hamokito, the blonde guy looked up. He saw the pack. “No, that is not mine. I am being framed-up!” he shouted at them. He was standing up but was restrained by the other members of the student council.
Yuri saw the seriousness of the problem. “We wouldn’t be able to handle this problem,” he said. “Bring them to the discipline’s office. I’ll just make the report. And bring someone who could clean that mess,” said Yuri and pointed at the spit on the floor.
The members of the student council nodded including Oburi. The three delinquents tried to evade the restraining hands of the student council members.
Usually, Yuri and the student council help in resolving the conflicts of the student body but if they couldn’t do anything about it, they would send them to the guidance office or discipline office. Let the mature people handle the case that they can’t.
Yuri was left alone in the office. He started his computer and started to type. He sighed, he hoped that it wasn’t him this time. He couldn’t afford to lose him again for the second time. He sighed. He needed to contact Yuya, he might be able to help. He didn’t want to drag Yuki in the case this time. The last time she helped him, both of them had shattered their heart.

Yuri was restless all throughout the time they were watching a movie when they got home. “Problem?” asked Yuki.
Yuri looked at her. “No, not really.” He answered.
Yuki nodded but she knew otherwise. She knew her twin. She had this radar that could tell that something was bothering him eventhough he wouldn’t say anything.
“Ahm, tomorrow afternoon, I will not be going home with you,” he said afterwards.
“Why?” she asked. Her eyes were on the mystery story that they were watching.
“I have something to do in school,” he answered.
“Wakatta…”
They were quiet for a while before Yuri decided to go up his room.
“Yuri…” Yuki sighed. What is happening to him?
That was when her cell phone rang. It was Aoi.
“Moshi moshi?” she called.
“Yuki-chan, let us go to a bar,” Aoi said.
“Eh! Nani?” shocked flooded Yuki’s system.
“It’s not like a bad kind of bar. It is just like a comedy bar,” explained Aoi.
“And what’s so good with this bar that you want to go in the middle of the night? And it is a school day?”
“I heard that HeiSei Band will be performing there tonight. Let’s go, please!” Aoi begged.
Yuki’s eyebrow twitched upon hearing the band name. “It’s school night. I don’t want to go out and have a nightmare afterwards!” she exclaimed.
Aoi sniffed. “But don’t you want to see how good your competitor will be?” she asked.
“I don’t really care. I assure you, I will beat him hard and good in that competition without even watching him perform,” Yuki said. She knew her friend had a hidden agenda in inviting her but she couldn’t give in to her this time. Besides, it was school night. Her parents would not allow her to go out and Yuri would definitely disagree with the idea. He just finished her project for her so he would go nuts if he learned that she went out.
Her overly protective and perfect brother was scary when he gets angry.
“Awww… Yuki, please!”
“Iie! Iie! Iie!”
“Fine! Oyasumi!” she heard Aoi cut the line. She knew that her bestfriend was angry but she had no choice.

“I hate you!” That was the first word she heard from Aoi the next day.
“Gomen, Aoi-chan. I can’t risk my school day for your favorite band.” She explained.
Aoi gave her a sullen look and a pout. Her friend was really cute when she pouts. She was like a cute puppy although sometimes this girl was being a brat.
“Hey girls!” a really cute guy approached them. He had a fair skin and lean stature. He smiled at them. They saw his imperfect teeth. It suited him well and made him look more adorable.
Some girls stopped to stare at him before walking past them.
“How’s life, Yaotome-kun?” Aoi asked smiling at the guy. Her mood was better now.
“I’m fine. It was a great morning seeing pretty girls all around me.” He smiled at them.
“It’s too early to show your playboy side, Yaotome-san,” said Miharu coldly. She just came to join them in the bench. It was still thirty minutes before time so they could still hang around. “What gives?” she asked.
Hikaru sat beside Aoi opposite Miharu. “Nothing much. I heard that the school council has their hands full these days,” he commented.
Yuki looked at him. “Like about what?” she asked.
Hikaru looked at her in shock. “Pres didn’t tell you?” he asked.
The three girls looked at him and shook their head.
“They found three guys in drugs yesterday,” he told them in a matter-of-factly tone.
Yuki couldn’t find her voice to speak. The other girls just stared at Hikaru. They looked like they saw a ghost in him.
Hikaru sighed. “I wonder if this has something to do with him.”
Yuki stood up. She will talk to Yuri, she needed to. A hand held her. It was Miharu. The girl shook her head.
“Chinen-san must have a reason why he didn’t tell you. Do not pry him. He’ll come to you if he needs to.” Miharu said while Aoi nodded in agreement.
They were quiet for a while. Miharu flipped in the book she was holding. It was awkward but nobody wanted to talk. Flashback of memories filled their head. Each had his/her own.
“Yaotome Hikaru!” an angry voice filled their silence. The angry eyes of Oburi looked down at Hikaru.
“Obu-chan, what’s up?” he asked.
Oburi’s eyebrows twitched. “Where is our report?” she asked. The two of them are classmates in 3-1. And it seemed like Hikaru forgot his assignment, again.
He smiled at Oburi and made a peace sign with his fingers. “I forgot,” he said still smiling.
Fire was almost blazing at Oburi’s eyes. She held Hikaru in the ear. “You! You’re hanging out here and yet you haven’t done your assignment yet?!”
Oburi dragged him away still scolding him down.

Later that afternoon…

Yuri pushed the doorbell outside an apartment door. The apartment was old. There were cracked on the walls, rust stain from the roof and dust here and there.
A girl in black opened the door. She had a lovely and sweet face. She had a long black hair and a nice height for a girl. She looked at him, “Yes, how may I help you?” she asked.
“Is Ryutaro there?” Yuri asked.
“He is in his room doing his homework. I’ll call him,” the girl said. The girl let him in and asked him to sit on the old rugged sofa before she went to the room.
The apartment was small yet cozy. There were a few furnitures inside. The kitchen was visible in the living room. It was clean and neat. There was no television or any entertainment appliance only a small am/fm radio placed neatly on top of a high table.
A dark haired boy with big round tantalizing eyes came out. He looked better than before. He grew taller and gained some fat. The dark shadows under his eyes subsided and his skin became fairer.
He looked shocked when he saw Yuri. Then he saw it, anger.
“I’ll leave you two, alone.” The pretty girl said.
“No, stay Sachiko,” he told the girl. “I’d like you to meet, Chinen Yuri. The guy who messed up my life.” He said. The anger was still visible in the other guy’s eyes.
The girls eyes widened in shock as she looked from Ryutaro to Yuri.
Yuri bowed his head. “Gomenasai,” he said in a whisper.
“What do you need this time?” Ryutaro asked.
Yuri looked him in the eye. “I just want to make sure that you are fine.” He said.
Ryutaro smirked and laughed. It was hallow and painful. “I know you more than that, Chinen Yuri. I heard that three students from Shingaru were caught using drugs. Let me just assure you, I have nothing to do with Shingaru anymore.” He said and looked away. “You may go now,” that was all and the guy went back to his room.
Yuri wanted to say a lot of things, clarify everything. He also wanted to ask him, how he was doing.
He heard the girl opened the door. “Sumimasen,” she bowed her head to him before looking straight at his eyes. “Please, do not show your face to Ryuu-kun anymore. He had undergone a lot of things already. I don’t want to see him get hurt again.”
That was all, and the girl closed the door in front of him.
Yuri felt tears fell down from his eyes. He felt the burden in his heart. He bowed his head, went away and silently promised Ryutaro that he’d stay away from him, forever.