Battle of Wills

ADDICTED *COMPLETED*
CHAPTER ONE
BATTLE OF WILLS

It was early in the morning when Yuki woke up. She heard about the classical bazaar in Tokyo proper. She was really into classics. She loved the music, arts, antiques and their history. She wanted to go to the bazaar as early as possible to make sure that she’ll be able to get the best goods.
As she went out of her room, she came face to face with the room just in front of hers. Her twin Yuri must still be sleeping by this time. There was no class so they can sleep for as long as they want to and she knew that Yuri was just doing the same. In their household, Yuri was the only one who can sleep for more than twelve hours a day if he wanted to.
She remembered her brother Yuya. She sighed heavily. It was not long ago when Yuya would sleep soundly just like Yuri inside that same room. It was almost one year since he went to study in the Academy. She had’t heard much about him these past few days. He must have been very busy with his work and school that he forgot to send hello’s to his favorite sister.
She heaved a sigh and went downstairs. She wanted to go with Yuri but she knew that he wouldn’t be in a good mood if he was woken up in his slumber during weekends. If Yuya was here, she knew that he would definitely be going with her. She was totally nii-chan’s girl.
She wanted to call her bestfriend Aoi but decided not to. She knew Aoi, it was either she was still sleeping or she was drooling on her favorite boy band. She was never into classics.
She asked her bestfriend Miharu to come with her yesterday. She knew Miharu shared the same obsession as her but then, Miharu was busy. Miharu was already a part-time Children’s book writer and she had a book signing on the same day.
Feeling stupid, Yuki went down the stairs.
Her father was already eating his breakfast when she came down. He looked at her as she approached him.
“Why the sour face?” he asked.
She sat noisily on the chair. “I want to go to the bazaar but there was nobody who can come with me,” she said pouting.
Her father looked at her lovingly. Aside from her brother, Yuya, her father spoiled her so much. He always gave her what she wanted. It was not as if she wanted to be spoiled but of course it was sometimes fun to be pampered.
“Where is Miharu and Aoi? I thought you three always go to bazaars together?” he asked.
“We do but Miharu is busy today and Aoi wouldn’t want to go to an antique bazaar. That girl hates classic.”
Her father smiled and patted her head, “then I guess, you have to go alone.”
“Uwaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!” she cried loudly.
Her father laughed hard at her. He knew that she was not really crying. She was a tough girl but she wanted to be cute, too.

Yuki looked around the bazaar. She saw antiques here and there but when she looked at the price, she just always walked away empty handed. The prize was also antique.
As she walked in one of the stalls that sell art pieces, she was amazed at the copies of the Monalisa and some Picasso’s. These copycat’s are really good. She told herself. She was pretty sure that the prices are also cloud-high.

She also saw a set of porcelain tea pot from Japan. As far as she could say, the set was an authentic Tian Dynasty piece. She wanted it very badly but then her budget couldn’t afford such wonderful and old thing.
It was then that a guy in pink approached the stall. He looked closely at the pieces and smiled. He had a very nice warm smile. His skin was so fair and as smooth as the porcelain tea set. He had perfect shaped nose and expressive almond shaped eyes.
“How much?” he asked the vendor. She was mesmerized at his manly voice and how he carried himself as much as she was mesmerized with the antiquity of the priced porcelain tea pot.
“Ryo-chan, it seems that this girl wants to buy the same tea set.” A guy who just arrived commented. He was tall and lean. He had a very friendly aura in him. He had a sweet smile in his face and sweet tender expression.
The guy called Ryo looked at her. He smirked, pulled out bills and paid for the tea set. Yuki was taken aback. She didn’t know what gives, but that guy could definitely take her breath away. She didn’t know if it was because of his unreasonably handsome features or his beyond boundery’s arrogance.
“Yuto, wait for the tea set, I’ll just look around,” he said and went to look at the other stalls.
Yuki and the guy named Yuto were left staring at the retreating back of the guy.
“How annoying!” she heard herself commented.
“Sorry about that. Ryosuke is always like that. He really likes to collect antique things so it can’t be helped.” Yuto commented.
Yuki stared at him in awe. “Are you like… his servant?” she asked.
The guy laughed hard. “No, I’m not.” He answered.
“Then, why do you follow him?”
The guy smiled at her. “Because, he is my friend.” The guy said. He took the boxed tea set and left her with a smile.
She stared open-mouthed at the guy. She shook her head. Despite leaving with three male species in the house, well, now, two, Yuki still couldn’t understand how these guys’ head work.
She walked at the huge park. She came to the ice cream parlor and bought a vanilla flavored ice cream in a cone.
She saw some scarfs, japanese rice balls, and other usual products. She was fine with all of them. She was not really interested. Her goal in coming to the bazaar was to see a classical item that she could buy.
She came to a stall that sells cd’s and dvd’s. She beamed. Perfect! She looked at the musical pieces and saw a country music album. It was Willie Nelson’s. She always wanted to have one. She took it but another hand grabbed it.
She looked at whoever owns the hand. Her eyes turned to slit as recognition hit her. It was the arrogant, Ryosuke if she remembered correctly. He was looking down at her. He was only some centimeters taller than her so she was able to look directly into his eyes.
She tugged on the CD so did he. Neither one of them wanted to let go of it. She had wanted that album ever since and she was the first one to see it, so she wouldn’t let him get it. Not now, not ever!
It was a battle of wills between them. They stared at each other while having a tug-of-war using the album.
Yuto, the tall handsome guy saw what was happening and came to the rescue. “Hey, give me the CD.” He commanded but neither one of them let go.
Yuto joined in the tug-of-war not realizing the stares that were given to them by the people around. They may have been amazed at how three kids fought for a classic country album.
“Yamada Ryosuke, let her have CD.” Yuto commanded Ryosuke.
Ryosuke looked at his friend. He had a painful look in his eyes. He didn’t seem to like the idea that his friend was asking him to let go of the thing that he wanted.
Yuki was taken aback so she let go the same time as Ryosuke. The CD fell down and crashed. The vendor saw what happened. Yuki was shocked that she weren’t able to move.
Ryosuke, on the other hand was calm. “Oh, well I could always ask Otoosan to buy one for me.” He said and went away.
When Yuki realized what happened he was already going away. “Hey, what about this?!” she shouted at him. She was about to go after him when the vendor stopped her.
“Hey you, you messed with my stuff. Pay for that!” the older woman said angrily.
Yuki looked around. People were looking at her. They probably saw what happened earlier because they were looking at her in disgust.
She took the bills in her pocket. They were just enough to pay for the CD. The vendor packed the broken CD and handed it to her. “I couldn’t do anything with that. Might as well keep it since you broke it,” the vendor said annoyed.
She looked at the pack. She walked away in shame, anger and frustration. People were staring at her as if she did a heinous crime, the money she saved was gone and she weren’t able to buy a working classic item.
She looked ahead of her. She hated him. She hated that arrogant Ryosuke guy. She would break him, definitely. He didn’t know who he messed up with. He didn’t know her.