The Underground

ADDICTED *COMPLETED*
Kei opened the door. Aoi came bursting in. She looked at him then looked at the other people inside. Her glance landed on Keito before focusing on Yuto.
She ran to him and took a hold of his arms. “What happened?” she asked worriedly.
Yuto sighed. “Ryosuke, Daiki, Jhenie and Kyoumi went to follow Yuki on the pier but they were not found. The men that Uncle Houtarou asked to look for them said that the pier was empty.
“Even Kyoumi!?” Yuri exclaimed. He had called his uncle. His men were already looking for Yuki. Her distress signal was heard at around twelve in the evening last night. They also searched the area but they found nothing. It was very clear. She called Aoi and Miharu to ask if she called them but nobody knew where she was.
She didn’t even tell Hikaru or Naru about her mission. Nobody except their uncle knew that she was in an undercover mission.
Miharu stepped in followed by Yumi and Usui Chinen. The boys allowed them to sit. Houtarou and Ryoumina Yamada were there. They looked like they lost every single thing in their life. All their three children went missing and they felt that it was because of them. They couldn’t protect their children, while their children were protecting them.
The doorbell rang. Kei who were nearest the door opened it. Yaotome Hikaru went inside followed by Morimoto Ryutaro.
Ryutaro looked at the people around and bowed his head so as Hikaru.
“I brought him, he might know something,” Hikaru explained.
Ryutaro’s eyes landed on Yuri’s.
Yamada Houtarou walked towards him. The old man put his hand on Ryutaro’s shoulder. “What do you know? Please, tell me, what do you know?” he asked.
Ryutarou looked at the old manl. Houtarou let go of him.
“Your son came to me this afternoon and asked me about my relationship with Yuki,” Ryutaro started. He looked at Yuri who stared back at him. “I told him about my previous dealings with the drug pushing and thus Yuri and Yuki had me put in jail. But since, I am underage; they put me on the juvenile delinquency department instead. They couldn’t find any means to make me stay there since they couldn’t find any trace of drugs in my system. Ryosuke-san asked me what I know and I told him that Yuki told me that they were suspecting you,” he looked at Houtarou “as the master mind behind the drug shipment inside and outside the country. Yuki might have a lead, you know ‘coz she asked me about Hakunai Myobi.”
“Who is Hakunai Myobi?” Kota asked.
“He was a small drug lord in charge of small time drug dealings in Tokyo. He was working for a bigger time fish.”
“Did you tell Yuki this?” Yuri asked.
Ryutaro looked at his former best friend. He smiled. Yuri looked back at him. This was the first time he saw Ryutaro smiled after they caught him and other youngsters sell drugs in an underground market in Shibuya.
“No,” Ryutaro answered.
“Why?” it was Yuto who asked.
“Because she was stupid, you know. I know that she’ll try to find the guy and guys up but she still went on her own.”
“Ryu, she’s missing,” Yuri said. He had his head bowed and tears after tears went down on his eyes.
“I know, Hikaru told me.”
“What else do you know?” Houtarou asked.
Ryu looked at him. “Hakunai Myobi worked for a certain man named Yamura Kyun.”
“Who is this man?” the old man asked.
Ryu bowed his head, “I don’t know, sir. But I once heard his name in the underground. My boss was talking about him but I never figure out who he is. I don’t really care that time.”
“I heard of him.” It was Eunice. “I heard him talk to Otoosan once, or so that was his name.”
“Where is Hanazawa?” Houtarou looked for his head butler.
The old man appeared. “Here, Yamada-sama.”
“Do you know this guy?”
“Hai!” the butler answered and bowed. “He once ask me to give a package to Mojino-san. He said it was from Arioka-sama.”
“Mojino-san? And Arioka-san?”
“Hai! Mojino-san was currently in the hotel and Yamura-san personally asked me to give it to Majino-san.” The crowd went quiet for awhile.
Ryoumina went beside her husband, “Let us already call the police.”
“The police already know,” Chinen Yumi showed them her police detective badge. Usui put his head on his hand and laughed gloomily.
“My children had their detective instinct from their mother and brother,” Usui made another bitter laugh.
“If you already know, what are you still doing, find the kids.” Ryoumina commanded.
“The police was already looking for them. Me and my brother already sent people on the underground.”
They were silent for a while before they heard a tap on the door. It was Kei who opened it again. A cute looking girl came in, she looked around and saw Ryutaro standing beside Yuri. She looked at them in curiosity while the others looked at her at the same way. “Watashi…anou…” she looked at Ryutaro.
“Sachiko, what are you doing here?” asked Ryutaro.
“Anou… I thought they arrested you again,” she answered.
Yuri smiled at her. “Gomen, Shiroyama-san, I weren’t able to fulfill my promise.” She nodded at him.
The door opened. A girl with long straight brownish hair appeared. She looked like the girl version of Daiki, she was followed by a woman on her 50s.
Houtarou bowed at the new comers, Arioka-san,” he offered a chair for the older woman who took it right away. She looked pale and devastated. Eunice offered her a glass of water.
“Uncle,” the younger girl called. “I just came to the university, mama told me that Daiki was missing. What happened?” she asked.
“Your brother went with my kids to look for a detective named Chinen Yuki,” he explained.
The girl looked around. She was deeply confused. There were a lot of faces that were new to her. “I don’t understand, uncle.”
Yuto came up to her with a glass of water, “Drink first, nee-chan.”
She looked at him and took the water.
Arioka Cayne listened to their story. She felt light-headed after Kota and Yuto restated the story to her.
“And we suspect that your father was behind the kidnapping and the drug dealing,” Kota finished.
Mrs. Arioka stood up. “You can’t suspect my husband,” she exclaimed.
“Calm down, mama,” Cayne scolded. There was a command in her voice that her father and mother had always known.
Her mother sat back down and put her head in her hand.
Cayne stood up. “If this is really father’s work, sumimasen,” she said and bowed low. “But I believe papa can’t do this.”
They heard a motorcycle stopped in front of the house.
“Aniiki,” Yuri exclaimed and ran to the door.
“You called your brother?” asked Chinen Usui.
“Gomenasai, Dad.” He said.
The door opened. A guy in his early 20s came in. He was wearing a black leather jacket and matching jeans. He had a long brownish hair and clean complexion.
“Yuri!” he exclaimed when he saw Yuri.
“Minna, kore wa aniiki, Takaki Yuya desu,” Yuri introduced proudly.
“Takaki?” Keito whispered to Miharu.
“Yuki and Yuri’s half brother, their brother on their mom’s first husband,” Miharu explained on Keito’s ear.
Chinen Usui walked towards him and gave him a blow on the face. “This is all your fault. Yuki wanted to be like you so she asked her uncle to give her assignments!” he shouted in anger. Yumi went to stop her husband while Yuri came to the aid of his older brother. Blood came down on the side of his mouth.
“I told you not to pursue in that Detective Academy but you still went on what you want, you never listened to me,” Usui exclaimed while being restrained by Houtarou Yamada, Yumi and the butler, Hanazawa.
“Gomenasai. Hontou ni gomenasai.” Yuya had his head bowed low. “I promise to bring back Yuki,” he said.
“You better,” Usui spat and sat on one of the chairs.
Yumi went to Yuya and his cheek, “Bring Yuki back and the others but please, be careful.” She said.
Yuya nodded.
“Do you already know where to look for her, aniiki?” Yuri asked.
Yuya smiled, “I’ll find a way.”
“I’ll come with you,” Yuri told him.
“No, Yuri. I don’t want you to come. It already hurts that Yuki is missing, if you went missing, too that would be double. Aniiki wouldn’t be able to take that,” Yuya said and pat the younger boy’s head.
The other people on the living room were silent. They had their own world now. Houtarou and his wife had gone upstairs while Mrs. Arioka was sent to a guest room to rest.
“I am not a kid anymore, nii-chan,” Yuri commented.
“I know, but to me, you and Yuki are still my babies.”
“Ehem,” Hikaru cleared his throat. “Let me come with you,” he asked.
“No, Hikaru, you can’t come.” Yuya answered.
“But Yuki is still my partner. I can’t just sit down and wait for her to come home,” Hikaru complained.
“Of course, you can.”
Yuya walked away but Yuri held his arm. “Nii-chan promise to bring back Yuki and please protect Kyoumi for me,” he said souly.
“Ah, is this Kyoumi, my soon to be sister-in-law?” Yuya teased.
Yuri looked at him in annoyance. “Will you stop joking around, this is serious.”
Yuya laughed at him. He was surrounded by Aoi and Miharu. “Nii-chan, bring back Yuki, ok?” Aoi begged.
Yuya smiled and nodded at her. The two girls jumped on him and hugged him tight. He patted their head before letting them go.
“Be careful,” he heard Aoi called.

Yuya was about to hop on his motorcycle when he saw somebody sitting on it.
“Yah! Who are you and what are you doing on my motorbike?” he asked the girl.
The girl look at him. “You’re too slow. You wouldn’t be able to see your sister alive like that,” she commented.
“Get off my bike,” he commanded.
“Oh, come on, just hop in,” she commanded.
Yuya hopped in and the girl drove away.
“Where are we going?” she asked loudly for him to hear.
“What do you think you are doing driving my bike?” Yuya asked back.
“I will come with you!” she exclaimed.
“You can’t. It’s too dangerous.”
“I can handle myself besides you have no choice since you left your key on your bike,” she commented laughing.
Yuya cursed at her back.
“So, where are we going?” she asked.
“Shibuya, in the underground market,” Yuya answered.
His cellphone beeped. He received a text message.

They stopped at one of a small store in Shibuya. Yuya took off his phone and dialed. “Any information?” he asked.
He listened to the answer on the end of the line. Cayne toss a canned soft drink to him. He caught it immediately. After a while of conversation, he cut off the call.
Cayne looked at him expectantly.
He looked at her. “Have you ever been into a host club?” he asked.
She looked at him and shook her head.
“We’re going into one but before that, strip off your clothes.” He smiled at her.
“Eh!” she looked at him and covered her chest with her hands.

Yuya elbowed Cayne, “ID” he whispered.
She took her university ID and gave it to Yuya. Yuya presented two IDs to the guard that was outside the club. The guard let them in.
The club was jammed pack. There were fewer females than men. Hosts and hostess were everywhere serving drinks and snacks to the guests. Yuya picked one good table at the back where he could oversee all the other guests. Cayne followed him.
He took off his phone, flipped on to it and showed it to Cayne. “This is the target,” he said.
Cayne looked at it and around the club.
She smoothen her feathered shawl and straighten her short skirt. She flustered a smile in her face and walked to the man.
Yuya saw Cayne deliberately bumped at the man and let him pick her purse. The man must have been mesmerized at Cayne since he even offered her a drink. Yuya never let them get away from his sight.
He tilted his head when he saw the man put his hand on her thigh. “Eww, gross!” he commented silently and drank the beer that he ordered.
Cayne on the other hand seemed to be enjoying being abused. Yuya couldn’t take it anymore. He went to the bar where the two were sitting. Cayne looked at him as he sat down. He pretended not to notice her. She gave her a sullen look and went back on talking to the man.
“Do you have any plans, today?” she asked.
“My boss wanted me to help him out. Actually, I have to go, now.” The man said standing up and living a set of bills on the table.
Cayne held on to his arm, “Where are you going?”
“Oh, you are not supposed to know, Sweetheart.” He said and held Cayne’s cheek. He was about to place a kiss on Cayne’s when she look away, looking angry.
“Oh, don’t be angry.” The man took something from his pocket. “I’ll be here tonight. Feel free to visit.” He said and place a paper in front of Cayne. It had a hotel and room number written on it.
The man walked away.
Cayne picked up the paper and stood up without looking at him. She went to the Comfort Room. Yuya waited for her outside the club. When she emerged she was already wearing casual clothes.
She smiled at him.
He looked at her, “Did you wash your face and your legs?” he asked sourly.
“Oh, quit barking mad. I got the info, planted the device and had a free drink,” she said laughing.
“And a free on the leg,” he added.
Cayne shook her head on him. “If you’re jealous, I’ll let you do that to me some other time, hah.”
She hopped in at his back in his motorcycle and opened his palm top. The destination was clear. Yuya started the engine and let the bike soar fast. Cayne was shocked at the momentum and immediately laced her hand around his waist.

“Dad!?” Daiki exclaimed as he saw his father came in the room where the men put them.
“Ah, my son. I could have known,” his father said.
“So it was you all along?” he couldn’t believe it. His father was behind all the illegal transaction that the operatives suspected Yamada-san to be doing.
“Houtarou is a naïve man. He never once suspected me of using his name. He even asked me to become his business partner.” The man told them happily.
“How could you do that to our father?” Jhenie was in her feet and charging the man. The man slapped her and she sprawled in the floor at the impact. Daiki went to her aid. He looked angrily at his father.
“What are you planning to do?” he asked while helping Jhenie sit properly.
The man laughed at him, “I’ll kill the three siblings plus the detective since she already know the secret,” the man said.
Ryusoke hugged Yuki and Kyoumi.
Daiki stood up, “You have to kill me first before you can even get to them.” Daiki challenged his father.
His father laughed. “Why would I do that? You are my successor, you will hold the name Arioka, and you’re my son so I can’t kill you.”
Daiki stared angrily at his father. Was this the father he admired? Was this the man he wanted to become some day?
“I hate you, Arioka!” he told his father.
His father fumed and slapped him. “Don’t you dare talk to me like that, young man.” He commanded but Daiki didn’t budge. He looked straight at his father’s eyes full of hatred.
The man walked away.
The door opened.
“Going somewhere, Dad?” Cayne went in and faced her father.
“Cayne?” her father called.
Yuya went in. He pushed an unconscious man behind. He was followed by the authorities and his unit who had their guns pointed at the older Arioka.
“Nii-chan…” Yuki called on to him.
He beamed at her.
Ryosuke helped her get to her brother.
The older Arioka used the situation and grabbed Yuki. He had a gun pointed at her. “Let me through, or I’ll kill the girl.” He said.
Fear flooded on Ryosuke and Yuya’s system. The old man dragged Yuki with him and ordered the authorities to put their guns down.
It was then, “Let her go!” Kyoumi had already charged on the man before they knew it.
The man let go of Yuki fired his gone.
Two more shots and he was on the floor.
Yuki was safe on Yuya’s arm while Kyoumi was on the floor.
“Kyoumi!” Ryosuke and Jhenie shouted together. She was sprawled on the floor. Her left shoulder was bleeding.
The authorities had already taken away the older Arioka when the others arrived. Mrs. Arioka hopped on the ambulance where Mr. Arioka was while the others went on Kyoumi’s side.
Yuri was frozen as he saw her bleeding. The medics put her on the bed. It was the only time Yuri came back to Earth. He hopped in the ambulance before Mrs. Ryoumina could. Ryosuke put a hand on his mother’s arm, “Let’s get to the car,” he said.

Kyoumi was dazed because of the blood lost from her shoulder. The doctor was tending to the gun wound. She had low tolerance of pain so she just wanted to shut her eyes down.
“Oy! Yamada Kyoumi, don’t you dare close your eyes on me.”
She looked up and saw Yuri beside her. Where is her mom? Why is he here? She closed her eyes. Seeing him was more painful than her wound.
“Kyoumi…” Yuri called her. He was holding her hand tightly on his. “Open your eyes,” he begged.
Kyoumi opened her eyes, “Why are you here?” she asked despite the oxygen mask.
Yuri was taken aback. “Don’t you want me to be here?” he asked painfully.
Kyoumi would be lying if she told him that she doesn’t while she really does. “I want to,” she mouthed.
Then, he smiled at her. “I will be here with you so don’t you dare close your eyes.” He commanded.
Kyoumi stared at him. How long was the last time she saw him? A decade? A century? She missed him. She smiled at him.
She looked at the doctor beside her. He was putting dextrose on her hand. She was really afraid of needles. She looked at Yuri. She was scared.
Yuri looked at her. He put his face near hers and kissed her on the cheek. She could feel the needle being inserted in her veins but she could also feel Yuri’s lips on her cheek.
“Did it hurt?” he asked after the dextrose was put into her. She shook her head and smiled.
He just stared at her while kissing her hand.
“You said I was a pain,” she commented.
Yuri’s eyes widen in shock. “Of course, you’re not.” He said.
“I heard you tell Oburi.”
He looked at her. “You’re a sneaky little brat!” he teased then smiled. “I bet you haven’t heard the rest of the conversation.”
She looked at him curiously.
“Don’t worry I’ll tell you when you are already fine.” He put his lips near her ears. His breath brought shivers to her spine. “But you’ll really be one hell of a pain if you give up on me, so stay with me, ok.”
His words brought strength to her system. She would love to hear what he has to say.