Clash of Voices

ADDICTED *COMPLETED*
Yuki took a deep breath and entered the studio. It was the last audition for the Hikari Singing Competition.
The judges were seated in a long table. There were three of them. One of them was a stern looking lady in her mid-40s. The other one is a balding man also in his mid-40s while the other one was a young man who looked like he came out from a cover of a magazine. He was wearing a light green polo under a gray blazer. Though he was seated, he seemed to be tall and lean. He was so handsome that the other contestants couldn’t take his eyes off him.
The contestants were asked to sit on the chairs next door so that they wouldn’t hear the interview and song of the other contestants. She was seated beside a girl wearing a long black skirt and matching pink and black long sleeved blouse.
Wow! This girl is weird. Yuki told herself. They were each given a number. She was number fifteen and the girl was number sixteen.
She looked at the girl, “ohayo!” she greeted. “Watashiwa Chinen Yuki desu.”
The girl smiled at her. The girl was lovely. She had a fair to tan complexion yet she had a very smooth skin. Her eyes were round and brown with long thick eyelashes. Her hair was smooth, shiny, long and ebony black. The girl actually looked like a tanned barbie doll.
“Watashiwa Catherine desu. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.” The girl bowed at her and she bowed back.
“Why did you join the contest?” she asked.
Yuki looked at Chaterine. “Nani?”
“Why did you join the contest?” Catherine asked again.
Yuki thought for a while. “I really like singing…” she said.
Catherine sighed. “You saw the guy inside? The youngest of the judges?” she asked. Yuki nodded. “I knew him since I were young. He was a genius singer/actor. I want to become half of what he is today.” She said.
Yuki sighed deeply. Here she is joining a singing competition for a lame reason then she met a girl with a really great dream. She felt guilty.
“Number fifteen,” the director called. She looked at her number and took a deep breath before standing up.
Catherine smiled at her. “Gambare ne,” she said.
Yuki looked at the judges.
“Ohayou, Chinen-san.” The lady who was seated in between the male judges greeted her.
She bowed, “Ohayou guzaimasu.”
“Daijabou desu ka?” the lady asked her. “You seemed nervous.”
She was indeed nervous. “A little, this is my first time to join a contest so I feel kind of nervous,” she confessed.
“Why did you join this contest?” the balding man asked.
She assumed her answer to Catherine. “I really like to sing so I guess I should join this contest.”
The man nodded.
“What are you going to sing for us?” the lady asked.
“Spolarium,” she answered.
The lady smiled. “Really? That was quite a hard song. Let us hear it.”
She nodded at the musical director. The song started to play. It was a very nice song to listen. She started singing. She saw the lady smiled while nodding her head. The man who was slouching showed interest in her song but the younger guy didn’t show any emotion.
After she sang, the lady clapped her hand. “For me, you are definitely a star.”
“Arigatou.” She answered.
The older man just gave a thumbs up.
They looked at the young man. “What do you think, Miura-san?” asked the lady.
“It’s ok,” that was all that he said.
The man smiled at him. “Welcome to the finals,” he said.
She was then escorted out of the studio. She took a last look at it and her eyes landed on the guy. What is with this guy? She asked herself.
She was met with the very excited Aoi and a bored Miharu.
“How did it go?” asked Aoi.
She looked at them sourly.
“Don’t tell me…” Aoi sounded like she would like to cry.
Then, Yuki smiled at them. “I will go to the finals!” she exclaimed.
Aoi beamed so as Miharu. They hugged her. It was not the beating up Yamada thing anymore. This is the real thing. Yuki underwent several auditions to be in her position right now so it was a total achievement for her.
They were celebrating like that for a while when somebody came out of the studio. Yuki looked up to see Catherine. The girl had her head down but she felt like she was bothered by something. Did she fail?
“Catherine-san…” Yuki called.
Catherine heard her. She saw them. Yuki saw sadness in her eyes but then it fade suddenly. Catherine smiled at them. “Are you going to the finals?” Catherine asked.
“Hai!” she said happily.
“See you, then.” Catherine said and waved at them.
“Does that mean she is also in the finals?” Yuki asked the other two. “But why is she sad when she went out of the studio?”
Aoi and Miharu were as confused as she.
“Well then, let us celebrate!” eclaimed Aoi. “I want to eat some gyoza.”
The other two agreed.

“Nervous, Yuki-kun?” Yuri asked his sister. They were already in the venue of the finals for the contest but she didn’t want to go out of the car yet.
She looked at her twin brother. It was as if she was looking at herself in the mirror except for the hair. She pouted. She felt scared.
Yuri pulled her to him and hugged her tightly. “Don’t worry, you’ll be fine.” He said to her full of assurance.
Their parents smiled at them from the front seats.
“You will be fine, dear.” Yuki heard her mother say.
“I hope, nii-tan is here.” She was talking about Yuya.
Her parents became silent upon hearing that.
“We do, too.” It was her mom again.
Yuki looked at her father. He smiled at her. She hugged Yuri back. He her hair. “Whatever happens, we’ll be here for you, Yuki. Remember that.”
She looked at her brother. It will be the first time that she has to depend on herself and not at him. She was used to being spoiled by her brother a lot.
She pulled away from him and drew a deep breath. She nodded her head. Yuri went out of the car, and opened her door for him before turning to their mother.
“I’ll join you. I’ll just look for an empty parking lot.” Their father said and sped away.
Yuri held her hand as they walked towards the entrance. It was a formal affair since it will be televised.
At the reception area, they found Aoi and Miharu. Both of the girls were looking their best.
Aoi was wearing a lavander flowing dress that ended in her knees. She had her long brownish hair tied in a loose bun. Miharu on the other hand was wearing a straight black knee length dress. The only accessory that she had was the huge white belt that she wore with the dress. She let her black silky smooth hair that ended in her waist fall down.
“You’re very pretty today, ladies.” Chinen-san said.
“Only today, Yumi-san?” Aoi asked Yuki’s mother.
“Of course, not Aoi-chan. You are pretty everyday but you are exceptionally pretty, today.” Explained Mrs. Chinen.
Aoi gave them her best smile. “Ready, Yuki?” she asked and pulled Yuki’s hand.
“Hai!” Yuki exclaimed with a smile.
Aoi, Yuri and Miharu walked her to the backstage where the other competitors were. They gave Yuki hugs and wished her luck.
Inside the waiting room, Yuki immediately saw Catherine. She was shocked at how the girl looked like. She was a different Catherine.
Catherine was wearing a long halter golden gown that flowed up to her feet. It was backless and her cleavage was also showing. She had her hair tied into a tight bun. She was also wearing long golden dangling earrings. Catherine was very beautiful and her tan was more emphasized because of the color of her gown.
Yuki walked towards the girl. “Catherine-san, you looked very pretty in that outfit.”
Catherine saw her, the girl blushed. “Arigatou! You are also very pretty in that dress. You look like a pop star.” Catherine said.
She was wearing a red sleeveless dress with black ruffled pencil-cut skirt that ended in her knees.
“Hontou ne? arigatou!” she exclaimed.
Catherine smiled at her.
“By the way, I really like your tan. How did you do that?” Yuki couldn’t stop herself from asking.
“My mother is a Filipina and my father is Japanese.” She explained. “I didn’t really stay here in Japan for long.”
“Ah but you said that you already know Miura Haruma since you were young, how did that happen?” Yuki asked.
“I was nine years old then. We came here in Japan. He was already starting his career. I was really amazed by him. Japanese actors start young, I really want to be like them but I have to stay in the Philippines since our business is there.” Catherine told her.
“Sou ka…”
The buzzing dressing room went silent. Catherine and Yuki looked at the door.
Yuki’s eyebrow twitched and held her breath at the same time. There he was, Yamada Ryosuke. He was wearing a white tux over a baby pink long sleeved polo. He was breathtakingly handsome. Yuki acknowledged that.
He walked like a prince and everybody gave him a space to pass. The girls drooled over him while the guys envied his flawless feature.
He walked towards them. He was about to pass Yuki and Catherine but he stopped. He looked at the two of them. His eyes showed curiosity.
Yuki didn’t say anything.
A smirk formed in Ryosuke’s lips as recognition hit his eyes. He stared at Yuki. “So, you could actually look like a girl.”
Yuki’s fist rolled into a ball. Catherine and the others there were wondering in curiosity. The Yamada Ryosuke was talking to some random girl. Some of the girls at this crowd were just there to become close to the guy and yet one of them already caught his attention.
“What do you mean by that?” Yuki asked angrily.
“How did it sound like?” Ryosuke asked.
“I’ll crush you, Yamada Ryosuke!” she exclaimed.
He smiled at her. “Let me see you try…” he looked at her expecting her to give her name but she just gave him a sullen look and walked away.
The eyes of the crowd were either in hers or Ryosuke’s. Some girls were giving her angry stares while the guys were just plain confused.

Meanwhile, Yuri went up to go to the comfort room when she bumped in to somebody. This somebody stared at him but he couldn’t care anymore. He really wanted to pee already. His bladder would definitely explode anytime soon.
When he finished his thing, he took his time to wash his hands and admire himself in the mirror. The black polo really suited him well. He might not be a boastful guy but he knew he had quite a charm in him. “Not bad,” he praised himself loudly before going out of the CR.
As he was walking, he bumped to somebody again. What’s with him and bumping to people a lot that day?
He looked up to apologize but he was greeted by a lovely smile from a very cute girl. The girl had soft brownish curls that bounced on her back and shoulders. She had a really smooth fair complexion, an almond shaped eyes and petite stature. She was wearing a long pink off-shoulder dress that emphasized her cute aura.
“I am Yamada Kyoumi,” she introduced herself. “How about you?” she asked while extending her hand to him.
Yuri accepted her hand and shook it, “Chinen Yuri desu. Yoroshiku,” he said while smiling at her.
“Kawaii!” Kyoumi exclaimed. Yuri blushed. He couldn’t believe that he would meet a girl this blunt.
“In what school do you go to?” she asked.
“Shingaru Gakuen,” Yuri answered.
Kyoumi smiled cutely. A set of dimples appeared near her lips. “The girls there must be really lucky because you go there.”
Yuri blushed more. He bowed to her. “Got to go. Jaa ne.” He was about to go but Kyoumi held his arm.
“See you around. Jaa ne.” She said and leaned to give him a quick kiss on the lips. She waved at him before walking away.
Yuri was rooted on the spot. The girl kissed him. It was the first time somebody succeeded in stealing a kiss from him. He just couldn’t believe it.

Yuki took a deep breath. One more singer and then she was next. She was really nervous. She could feel butterflies fluttering in her stomach. Catherine was beside her. The girl must have been feeling the same way.
The song ended. It was her turn. The spotlight went off. She was ushered by the director to go on the stage. A video of her family and friends giving her luck was playing on the wide screen. The crowd shouted her name. She couldn’t see the audience, they were blurry. That was then, Yamada Ryosuke assumed the place she had been standing a while ago. Her eyes focused on him. She promised herself not to let him have the last laugh so she would do her best.
The instrumental part of the song First Love by Utada Hikaru played in the air. The spotlight focused on her. She held her head high and gripped the microphone tightly and listened to the song in her head set.
It was only after the song that Yuki felt her breathe properly again. She joined Catherine in the backstage. Yamada Ryosuke was still there.
“Better than I expected,” he remarked.
Yuki looked at him. “Top that,” she retorted. She knew she did great since the audience even gave her a standing ovation. She hadn’t been a contest before so she really practiced hard for the event.
Ryosuke smirked, “I am better than you in every way.” He said and walked away.
“That guy was so full of himself.” She told Catherine.
Catherine smiled at her. “That is because he is Yamada Ryosuke. He is just perfect.”
Yuki spat at that.
Yuki anticipated Ryosuke’s performance. Catherine was the singer before him.
He was beside Yuki. When Catherine was almost done, she felt him moved near her. He put his mouth near her ears and whispered, “Watch me.” And he was gone to the stage.
Yuki wasn’t able to move. Her heart beat really fast. What was the guy thinking going near her that way?
She only woke up from spacing out when Catherine hugged her. “I am done!” Yuki heard her exclaimed. “That was really really scary.”
Yuki smiled after Catherine let her go.
Ryosuke was already performing. The crowd was mesmerized so was Yuki. The guy really has the talent. He was singing and dancing at the same time. He had some backup dancers with him. He even teased the crowd by opening the top buttons of his polo. The girls went wild when he knelt down on the stage, opened his lips in seduction and hit the highest note at the same time.
Yuki was unable to speak especially when he looked at their way and smiled seductively.
“That guy has overflowing pheromone,” commented Catherine.
Ryosuke walked their way after finishing his performance. He tilted her head using a finger. “That is what you call performance level.” He smiled seductively at her. “I can even give you a private performance if you just ask nicely.” He smirked and walked away from the frozen Yuki.