Chapter 2

In the Shadows

 

Chapter 02

 

I stared rather too long at his eyes, while my head was trying to swallow what he just said a while ago . . .

 

He was gripping my shoulders only then did I realized when his hold got tighter.

 

If I leave, where will I go? I know my life is in danger . . . What if those who killed my family will come after me sooner? Being a pureblooded vampire doesn't guarantee that I can defend myself against those who wanted me dead. Maybe leaving is my only chance . . . but I CAN'T . . I need to fine out who killed my family and give them justice  even if my powers are not yet well-developed. I must face them . . .

 

With my decision, I looked at Seunghyun again with determination. He must have read what I was thinking as he sighed in defeat. I know he's worried about my safety.

 

Suddenly the aura around us became heavy. Only purebloods have many a great powers, while half-breeds like Seunghyun and the rest of the vampires inside the mansion only have the brute strength and the ability to move quickly like that of the speed of light.

 

I quickly faced the direction from where the aura was coming from, and instantly Seunghyun moved covering me again behind his back. Seconds gone by and soft whispers of the wind could be heard. Then out  of nowhere two vampires, possibly half-breeds, came then kneeled down across us. The aura became stronger, I could only clutch my hands as I felt myself drawing out energy making the wind around us blew harder.

 

Someone was coming near as the aura became stonger by the second. Then in an instant, the dark aura disappeared.

 

"Greetings . . ." The moment that voice came from behind me, I summoned the earth to protect myself from the intruder behind me, and Seunghyun disappeared before my eyes only to be replaced by the two half-breeds now standing in front of me pointing their sharp claws against my throat.

 

"I see you have found yourself a nice dog . . ." I turned around not minding the two half-breeds and saw Seunghyun holding the intruder by the neck.

 

"Don't!" It was too late as the girl holds Seunghyun's arm and crushed it in an instant. Seunghyun's cry somehow pained me too and I quickly came to his aid. Since he was a half-breed it would surely take a while before his arm would heal.

 

"Half-breeds should know not to lay a hand on us."

 

"Why are you here? What do you want?!" I glared at her who was still standing before us while I controlled myself not to break down as Seunghyun continued to whimper in pain.

 

"It's only fitting for a pureblood to help his/her KIND who's in dire need, isn't it? Well, truth be told I was rather FORCED by the High Council to protect you . . . Seems like you didn't know . . . I am Sulli . . . "

 

While she was talking I bit my left arm near the wrist and offered my blood to Seunghyun. The blood of the pureblood could heal his wounds almost instantly. But before I could reach my arm to Seunghyun, Sulli grabbed my arm and yanked me from sitting and made me stand up.

 

"Are you out of your mind?!" She quickly wiped my wound with her handkerchief. My wound heal instantaneously and she burned the thing quickly using her power.

 

"Don't you know even the slightest smell of our blood can make those half-breeds out of control?!" She made me turn towards the two vampires who were with her and their eyes were glowing red, a sign that they were thirsty for blood.

 

"But . . ." Seunghyun, he's suffering because of me.

 

"He'll heal . . . Why do you give yourself to him so easily? He's of the lower kind! Only to be our minions."

 

I was hurt at what she just said. Yes, half-breeds are the purebloods' minions but Seunghyun was born a vampire by his half-breed parents. Even if he was a half-breed, lower than us, I couldn't take the thought of making him my minion.

 

"He's my friend . . ." I whispered. I wasn't sure if she heard me for she then walked towards the mansion. I walked back to where Seunghyun was who is now leaning against a tree while holding his injured arm, it was starting to heal.

 

Maybe he sensed I was worried and despite the pain he was feeling now, he smiled at me, then put his other hand on top of my head and patted me.

 

 

 


waaah, thank you to those who subscribed!

Still not good though, so please bear with me . . .crying sorry for any typos . . .

and to xara10, I'm still having doubts whether to continue STR . . you'll be the first one to know if I'll be continuing it, yes?crying