chapter 3

In the Shadows

 

 

Chapter 03

 

 

 

Right after I went to Seunghyun, vampires started to come from the mansion, including Seunghyun's intimidating father.

 

I was held by the hand by one of the half-lings and led me away from Seunghyun, while other two vampires held Seunghyun at both his sides and made him stand up facing his father.

 

I tried opening my mouth to explain but what his father did next made me shut it. Only the slapping could be heard.

 

His father then turned to me and must have signaled the one that held me to let me be as he released me afterwards.

 

"I apologize for my son's irresponsiblity, Miss Dara . . . After a rather inviting scent that filled the air around this area, I'm afraid we have to you back to the mansion . . . Scavengers are unknowingly lurking around . . ."

 

"If they were, aren't you supposed to eliminate them for her security?" I thought Sulli went ahead, but she was walking back towards us.

 

Seunghyun's father kneeled down before us and so the other vampires also, he must know Sulli is a pureblood too.

 

"I won't be surprised why such a tradegy happened to the Parks when their supposed guardians should have protected them." I can sense irritation in Sulli's voice, she must have not liked the idea of helping me or protecting another pureblood herself.

 

"It's not like . . ." I tried to reason with her but she won't let me and instead cut me off .

 

"It's not like what?!" Why can't I have the same authoritive voice as hers?

 

"Pardon my intrusion Miss Sulli, perhaps it is best if you both go now . . . let us, servants, handle any commotion that may arise . . . " Seunghyun's father still knelt down bowing his head.

 

"Baekhyun. Chanyeol." Sulli called out to her, erm, companions as we were being escorted back to the mansion . . .

 

I caught a glimpse of Seunghyun before they went into the depths of the forest. And before they disappeared, he turned around and flashed me a smile.

 

 


 

 

I paced back and forth as i kept on thinking about Seunghyun's welfare and the others. When they meant scavengers they could only meant those half-breed vampires who have not drunk any blood for a long time and had completely lost their minds. I heard stories about them, they can't easily be put down by mere half-lings.

 

Seunghyun . . . He was still injured . . . With my power as it is, I could help in a way but will I become a nuisance once someone attacked me? Even if some of them can't be trusted, still they go out there to protect me.

 

Aisht! I strided again back closer to the window and bit my nails as I looked afar to the forest. I walked again and tried seating my on the couch.

 

No! What if he'll get injured again?? I rose to my feet and went back to the closest window when . . .

 

"Will you stop that?!" I was surprised at Sulli's sudden outburst. Oh, She's with me, I forgot.

 

I bowed my head lowly and went to the couch again and tried to calm myself.

 

Seconds had gone by. Seconds to minutes . . .

 

I can't calm down ! ! Seunghyun . . .

 

"I can't believe a pureblood from a prominent family known for their dominating powers is still unable to wield her own power . . ." I looked at Sulli. My worries were temporarily overshadowed by what she had said.

 

"I am able to wield it, not yet its entirety though . . . " Well, at least I can, umh, break the earth? I know I sounded pathetic . . . This is just great.

 

"I've heard rumors . . ." Sulli went to the window her back facing me then she slowly turned around I could only see the side of her face. "Does the word 'Dark Master' ever sound familiar to you?"

 

I shook my head. Never heard that before, somehow . . .

 

"It was believed that this 'Dark Master' was our world's most dominating vampire in all races before your family came into picture way, way long ago. . ." I never knew someone was higher than our family before.

 

"He was feared for his, how do I say this, brutal way of governing his kind? He turned many humans into vampires only to be his servants and for his unsatiable thirst for blood . . . Killed many vampires who would disobey him mercilessly, half-breeds and purebloods alike . . . He was greedy for power . . ." I felt a shiver down my spine as she mindlessly talk about it.

 

"I've heard that the Parks," She glanced at me before she continued, " were the only ones who opposed his ruling . . ."

 

"Don't you tell me my ancestors killed him?"

 

"You're fast, I might say . . . Even if he was that brute, he still had loyal followers behind him . . .  "

 

Somehow, my mind is starting imagining things, and started to connect 'things' . . . What if my family did and . . .

 

"Followers who are willing to revenge their master . . .  Even after his death . . ."

 

 

 


 

 

weee! Got myself 16 subbies . . surprise

@ banyanya: me too, me want . . .eeek! kekkekeblush

@ xara10: thanks for always leaving me comments! crying

A fast update since I'll be busy the next week, school stuff . . grrr...

I hope you guys enjoy, though I think its not that catchy a story . . .

(sorry: I only edited some typos..im so stupid! Why didn't I saw them earlier??)