chapter 10

In the Shadows

 

 

Chapter 10

 

 

 

After the Elder left, Dara, Seunghyun and the others stayed for awhile before they went back to their quarters. While walking on their way back, Seunghyun notices that Dara was too quite and distracted. He reaches for her hand and sqeezes it not too tightly. Dara glances on their hands and gives Seunghyun a reassuring smile, meaning she was alright.

 

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun watch as their Lady Sulli stopped as she watches Dara and Seunghyun herself. It took awhile before her legs moved. Instead of walking to where the two walked, she wanders into the other hall, leading to somewhere she doesn't know. Chanyeol shrugs his shoulder as Baekhyun and him followed suit.

 

 

"I can handle myself. Please let me be just this once." Without looking back at them, Sulli stopped first to speak before continuing.

 

 

Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun sighed heavily.

 

 

"How long has it been since 'that' day?" Baekhyun spoke when their Lady was out of earshot.

 

 

"We promised never to talk about it again." Chanyeol dismissed him by walking to where Sulli has gone to.

 

 

"Aisht! Clearly she needs to move on . . . It'll be the death of her, don't you understand?!" He grabbed his left shoulder and yanked Chanyeol backwards to look at him.

 

 

"I am as aware of that as you are! And Lady Sulli knows it too, of that I'm sure." Chanyeol punched a wall in frustration. "They are using her to something we don't even know, using her weakness for revenge as bait."

 

 

"Surely we can put a bit of sense on her little pretty head . . ."

 

 

"We are but mere servants . . . We have no right crossing her decisions, we can't question her . . . Did you say 'little' . . .?" Chanyeol eyesd Baekhyun dangerously but the latter only shrugs his shoulder and looks everywhere but at him. Chanyeol only sighed in disbelief.

 

 

"Hey . . ." Chanyeol, uninterested, still looked back at Baekhyun. "You also think that her head is little, don't you? She's actually cute with that - ouch!" Baekhyun rubbed his shoulder that he jsut punched. "Aisht! You're getting physical."

 

 

"I'll stitch that 'little' mouth of yours if you don't shut it."

 

 

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

 

 

She stopped in a dark hallway not minding to look at her surrounding as her sight is blinded by unshed tears, tears she had kept for many years; tears she thought had long gone after that night.

 

 

"I'll always be beside you whatever happens . . . "

 

 

"I'll come running to you whenever you need me . . ." But where is he now that she's needing him badly?

 

 

 . . . the night when she lost both her parents . . . and him. She closes her eyes as memories started to flood her consciousness.

 

 

She went outside their house after what she just heard from her parents. It was unlady like of her to just storm out of her father's study. 

 

 

"Betrothed . . ." the word rang through her head. It's common for their kind, the purest among the vampires, to betroth their children to another family of the same kind. She knew that but she couldn't accept it.

 

 

She kicked stones and stomped her feet on the dry grass land out of desperation leaving the hem of her long skirt dirty. 

 

 

She stopped what she was doing when she heard the crowing of a crow. She looked to where it came from and saw the crow on a branch of a tree. Somehow she felt the crow was watching her and the thought sent shiver down her spine. She then turned around noticing she was in the middle of nowhere. Had she wandered off too far, she thought.

 

 

She crossed her hands and gripped her upper arms. She'd seen a scavenger and remembering how it looked scared her more.

 

 

Then she heard it, a snapping sound made by walking on a dry twig just behind her. Without thought and out of nervousness, she used her power to form a whip blazing with fire and whipped it while turning around. It was already too late when she saw it was only him.

 

 

Both their eyes widened . . . The whip's end was directed towards his chest. As he was distracted and surprised, it was too late when he started to run to avoid it. In a fraction of a second, the whip sliced through his shirt and a deep wound on his chest. 

 

 

"Siwon!" She ran towards him who was now on the ground.

 

 

He only groaned and tighten his lips to shut it and to muffle his screams.

 

 

"Siwon . . .I - i'm sorry . . . I didn't . . . I thought . . ." She didn't know what to do as she knelt beside him.

 

 

She could only do one thing. She raises her arm and was about to plunge her teeth on her own flesh when she was stopped by Siwon.

 

 

"What are you doing?" He glared at her, sweat was trickling down his face and veins were portruding as he stopped himself from screaming because of the excruciating pain.

 

 

"P-please . . . " Her eyes were watering but she didn't give in and stopped them from falling.

 

 

"It'll pass . . . " She knew that. She knew he'll heal, but how long?

 

 

In a second, she raises her other arm and dug in her teeth. A single drop fell from ​her wound and landed on his lips. His eyes shoe red as the air was filled by her scent.

 

 

After a few moments then only she realized the consequences of what she had done.

 

 

An army of halfbreeds appeared surrounding them, all in black coats. She'd notice the emblem on the pins that held their coats securely: The Order. Their emblem has the cross, with two parallel bars, the shortest on the upper, while the longest, on the lower cross. The Order was under the Dark Master ! !

 

 

"Who would have thought the Choi's were slacking on their security." One of them snickered.

 

 

"Their little princess even invited us to come and join this liitle feast." 

 

 

"Step back! Don't you dare!" She manages to throw a ball of fire towards a vampire that walked towards the two of them. The halfbreeds manage to dodge her fire and it went directly towards a tree engulfing it in flames.

 

 

Siwon, though limping, tried all his might and stood. He was leaning forward while trying to close his wound with his hand and preventing it from opening.

 

 

"What are you doing??" She tugged on his sleeve. Siwon kept her in place behind his back with his other hand and looked up to one of the vampires watching at them.

 

 

"Listen . . ." She was facing the back of his head as he spoke, "I want you to promise me that you'll stay alive . . . for me ."

 

 

"What are you ta-"

 

 

"Ssshhh. We don't have time." His head turns to a side as if listening to something. "They're here."

 

 

"Hey . . ." She was still behind his back, and his face turned towards her and his eyes searching for hers. "I never have the chance to tell you this: . . . "

 

 

The words didn't register to her as he quickly pushed her away from her and he attacked the vampire who stood closer to them than anyone else. In a second she felt strong hands gripping both hers and she turned to look who was holding her. Relief washed over her as she knew them: the halfbreeds that belonged to the Choi clan.

 

 

"Take her back in the mansion!" She was surprised to see her mother and her father alongside their servants. Her eyes searched for Siwon, only to find him being held on his neck.

 

 

"Siwon! Mama, please let me help!" She struggled to escape and run towards him.

 

 

"You are not strong enough, Sulli. Take her away!"

 

 

They were not far enough, but she was sure . . . sure that his body turned to ashes.

 

 

Siwon . . .

 

 

She opened her eyes once again, the tears left a dry trace on her face.

 

 

"If you follow what has been asked of you, you will be rewarded of a power you never once have imagined. Don't you want to be more powerful, my dear?"

 

 

She only have to do what they want her to do . . . If she become powerful, then she has a chance of killing Lady Min Ah, and if it's true that she's  planning on reviving the Dark Master, then she might as well kill him if he did revive.

 

 

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

 

 

 

 

 

TT ^ TT sorry for any typos..though i read and reread, i may have not seen all errors.. 

 

yey! i made a poster for myself ! ! ! =') It's not that pretty (my self-made poster that is), and yeah, it got many things going on .. . . ppsshh.. ^^, 

 

But I'm still using Tabisan4eva's since i'll forever be greatful to her for making me my first poster! =3

 

I just felt like posting the video . . . it's like - urgh! =)

 

A BIG THANKS (!!!!!!!!!!) to those who just recently subscribed, to those who left comments again, and to the ONE and ONLY ONE who voted..kekekeke that meant ALOT still!     TT v TT

 

@MillionDollarBaby21: you think so?? ^^, actually its one of my inspirations (^^,) in writing this fic..I hope i'm not disappointing you for using such TT ___ TT.. btw, i'm also reading VK!! ;3 hi5!! \0/