chapter 6

In the Shadows

 

 

 

Chapter 06

 

 

Seunghyun opened a black umbrella just as Dara came out from the main door of the mansion. Her luggages were already on the carriage that was waiting outside.

 

She raised her head looking at the clear blue sky. She saw Sulli walking inside the carriage and the door was hanged open waiting for her.

 

Before Seunghyun escorted her, she looked back to the mansion and sighed deeply as she looked at every window of the house. Memories of them still together, when she was still a small child, when her mother would scold her of her mischiefs . . . They were rushing like a river . . . She could only sigh as those memories are only in the past now . . .

 

Mother, Father . . . I will surely come back . . . And when that time comes, I have already avenged your death . . .

 

She took a step forward to where the carriage was . . . She will never forget . . .

 


 

Hooded men on black capes came out and hid among the trees.

 

"They are on the move . . . We've waited for this, shouldn't we attack now?" He sniffed the wind coming from the mansions direction, holding his head high for a better smell.

 

" . . .  Patience, my comrades  . . . "

 

"But it's been a week! We had the chance before that woman came!" The man clutched on his cape as impatience was severring his patience.

 

"Silence!" He moved closer to the man who was complaining and with a slight movement of his hand, the man was now hanging in the air and was having difficulty in breathing.

 

"We are following the order that were given to us accordingly and not 'almost' fail like before the week past." The man was moved closer to him and he whispered close to his ear, "I lead us . . . I'm in command." The man tried to nod. 

 

With one gesture of his hand, the man was thrown down into the ground, rubbing his neck to ease the pain.

 

"Everything is going as planned, no reason to rush."

 

An evil grin pasted on his face, red eyes flashing.

 


 

Dara felt she was being pulled into sleep as the time passes by. She finally succumb to sleep and rested her head on Seunghyun's shoulder who was seating beside her.

 

Sulli sees Dara falling asleep . . . She then looked at Seunghyun who avoided her eyes and instead looked outside. Sulli then looked the other way and remained vigilant along with her companions.

 

When a couple more hours passed, Sulli straightened on her seat as she sees the sun was setting. Chaenyol and Baekhun was on alert sensing their mistress' anxiety.

 

Seunghyun felt her uneasiness and he himself silently cursed as they were entering a now rather dark forest left by the setting sun.

 

It is during night time that vampires have their strength on surge.

 

As they went deeper into the forest, Sulli tried to calm herself and not give away her aura for them to be followed by unwanted guests.

 

Minutes passed and all was calm.

 

 . . . Dangerously calm.

 


 

Breathe . . . breathe . . .

 

I can only hear my own breathing

 

I opened my eyes and I see nothing

 

Black

 

Then, I heard a faint sound somewhere

 

Drip . . . drip . . . DRIP

 

I hear my own footsteps as I followed the sound and not long did I see a tiny drop falling . . .

 

I watched it fell, and as it fell, it made a ripple coming towards me . . .

 

And when it did reach me, that's when everything turned red

 

Just when I thought of running something tugged one of my feet

 

There I see a rotten hand, with only little flesh clinging onto it, holding my foot and more of it appearing below me trying to grab me . . .

 

I can't move! Then it dawned on me as those hands were pulling me below, the bloody ground swallowing

 

Before my whole body was submerged, I gathered all my strength and screamed

 


 

"NNnnnoooooooooo!"

 

Birds resting nearby flew away almost instantly and made sounds as they fly away.

 


28 subbies!smiley its my first time having this many subbies, so overwhelmed!laughthanks!

i'll be updating again two days after this update . . .sad
 Sorry if its kind of hanging in the end . . .crying