chapter 4

In the Shadows

 

 

Chapter 04

 

 

 

 

I caught myself walking in what seems an endless alley . . . I walked and walked  . . .

 

I blink once and still there was no end . . .

 

I could hear faint whispers but there was no one around . . .

 

I blinked once again and saw a light flashed in front of me . . .

 

Then there was this door . . . It slowly opened I was nearing . . .

 

Then loud screams were heard . . .

 

I raced inside and followed the voices only to see someone inside . . .

 

I looked at the figure who was quietly standing facing the window as I slowly walked towards him . . .
 

Haze started to fill the room as my vision clouded . . .



Everything started to turn into black

 

as he slowly turned around but I was never able to see his face . . .



Just as everything was consumed in black,

 

a pair of blood-like colored eyes, stared at me piercing my whole being . . .

 

I need to run! But I . . . I can't . . .

 

Someone help me! 

 

 


 

 

She woke up grasping the sides of her blanket as she was panting hard. Beads of sweat were visible on her forehead and she covered her face as she remembered her mysterious dream. Those eyes, it's as if they were telling her fervently how they wanted to her blood out. She hugged herself at the thought.

 

Then the curtain on the window across her opened and the light blinded her momentarily. She squinted her eyes as she saw someone standing in front of her. But she could smell his scent and all her worries were flushed out of her system.

 

She stood on her bed and quickly jump towards him who was at the foot of her bed and embraced him so tight.

 

"You're back . . . " She muffled as she buried her face near his neck.

 

"Sorry for making you worry." He caressed her back as his other hand patted her head. Out of nowhere he kissed her head lightly.

 

She quickly parted from him then took his arm that was supposedly injured last night and checked it. She sighed in relief as it was completely healed now.

 

Dara beamed at him," It's healed . . ." Her brows furrowed as Seunghyun was not looking at her and his face was facing sideways.

 

"Is there something wrong?" She reached for his face and made him face her but his eyes were still not looking at her.

 

"Ummh, I think you need to . . ., umh, . . . put your cloak on . . ." He was blushing and it made her wonder why. She turned her attention to herself and she was blushing like a ripe tomatoe. Seunghyun quickly turned his back on her while she fumbled on her bed to take her cloak out at the bedside.

 

Gahd! I'm still on my nightie! She was still skimpily dressed in a thin night gown which was almost transparent but thanks to the embroidered flowers that covered her, umh, body parts? Dara quietly cursed and wished she would just disappear there this very second. Shameful!

 

While she hurriedly put on her cloak Seunghyun excused himself and left her room.

 

She touched her cheeks as they were still warm. She tried slapping them softly. AIsht! This is so embarassing! Dara, you!

 

After having calmed herself down she went out of her room and she saw Seunghyun waiting for her.

 

Awkward . . . She thought to herself.

 

They were walking silently and she let Seunghyun lead the way. They were a few feet away from the door that would lead them to the mansion's library.

 

Seunghyun coughed before he opened his mouth," They are all inside waiting for you . . ."

 

Dara nodded and walked past him and was about to grab the knob of the door when Seunghyun stopped him by the shoulder. "Are you sure you can trust her?"

 

"I have to . . ." Dara bowed her head. There was a moment of silence between them, then Seunghyun grabbed the knob instead and opened the door for her revealing the people that were waiting for them.

 

After what she just said last night, I might be able to know who are the ones responsible for my family's death . . .

 

 


 

another update everyone! oh i'm so into writing today, yes? 

there might be any typos i missed to correct  . . .aisht.

*sniff* *sniff* 18 subbies ! ! thanks for subscribing ! ! !crying