Sweet Dreams

Happy Endings Don't Exist

The next day Chae Ri dragged herself to the police station with a heavy heart, they said they wanted to talk to her about L.Joe’s death so they could investigate. She was confused as to what there was to investigate, didn’t he die in a car accident? She arrived and they brought her to a private room “Have a seat” the officer said and Chae Ri settled onto the wooden chair “I’m Officer Kim Myungsoo and I will be leading Lee Byunghun’s death investigation” he introduced himself and Chae Ri nodded “I’m Jung Chae Ri, Byunghun’s girlfriend” she said and he nodded also “Did he have suspicious behavior before death?” Myungsoo asked “I didn’t see him for a whole week before his death because of our busy schedules” she truthfully answered. The questions continued and Chae Ri would answer with honesty every time, the thoughts of L.Joe and her meant to be meeting on Wednesday ran through her mind and their wedding, without knowing tears had slipped from her eyes. Chae Ri has always been a strong girl and she said she would never cry over a guy but L.Joe was a lot more than that, he was her life “Are you alright Miss Jung?” Myungsoo asked and she quickly wiped away the tears before answering with a soft “Yes”, “We’ll end it there” he stood up to leave but Chae Ri stopped him “Wait! Why do you have to investigate this? I thought Byunghun died in a car accident” Myungsoo stared at her with a raised eyebrow “Hasn’t Mr. Kang told you? The breaks on Lee Byunghun’s car were triggered to stop working within 24 hours. This isn’t a car accident, it’s a murder” he explained and Chae Ri was speechless. Why would anyone want to kill Byunghun? He had nothing against anyone! Chae Ri ran out of the police station and towards L.Joe’s house, she bought the entire estate in memory of him, when she reached his house she checked all the cupboards and finally found the one with all the gifts from the killer. Chae Ri double checked everything, only until now has she known about the notes that came with every gift, the threatening messages on each piece of note. Her blood ran cold and goose bumps formed on her skin, he did it, he was the one that killed L.Joe. Chae Ri grew furious and called Secretary Kang “Demand them re-open my parent’s case and be sure to catch that killer” she said sternly then hung up before he could reply.

Chae Ri went back to her company, she wasn’t sad and depressed anymore, she was furious. First he took away her parents and now L.Joe, he was stealing her loved ones and she wasn’t going to forgive him. “Here are the files from the graphic design company that I retrieved on Saturday at their offices” Secretary Kang handed her a big yellow envelope, just then something struck up in Chae Ri’s mind “You went to the graphic design company on Saturday?” she asked Secretary Kang with a raised eyebrow “Yes you asked me to” he answered “No I sent Secretary Choi to the graphic design company” she told him, his face became even more confused “Secretary Choi told me that you wanted me to go” suddenly things started clicking into place, the visit Sa Rang was meant to make to the graphic design company was on Saturday 11:10am but instead she told Secretary Kang to go. Saturday 11:10am is 24 hours before L.Joe’s time of death just like how Myungsoo said someone triggered his breaks to stop working within 24 hours “You may leave for your lunch break” she said to Secretary Kang and he headed out. Chae Ri didn’t know why, when Secretary Kang told her the news, she suddenly thought of L.Joe’s death and how much things made sense but why would Sa Rang kill L.Joe, she tried shaking the thought away when Sa Rang entered her room. “Sa Rang, what are you doing here?” Chae Ri asked “I have some things to discuss with you” she said smiling “Where were you on Saturday? You didn’t come” Chae Ri pretended to forget “I was at the graphic design company like you asked” Sa Rang answered with a confused face “Is something the matter?” she asked “No” Chae Ri simply answered “I see you’ve been depressed lately, here’s some vitamin water. At least drink if you’re not going to eat” Sa Rang said putting a bottle of water on her desk “Thanks” Chae Ri gulped down the vitamin water still deep in her train of thoughts.

A few minutes later, Sa Rang still hasn’t left her room “Is there something you have to say?” Chae Ri asked her getting a little suspicious of her behavior “How do you feel?” Sa Rang let out with a hint of a snarl, her voice wasn’t sweet anymore but it sounded dangerous. “It was you!” Chae Ri glared at her and she let out a sarcastic laugh “Of course it was me, who else would do such a thing?” she asked as if it were the most ordinary thing “WHY?!” Chae Ri shouted, her blood now boiling in her veins. Sa Rang stood up and bent over Chae Ri’s desk so their faces were only a few inches away “Sweet dreams” she whispered before everything became dark and Chae Ri out, the last thing she heard was Sa Rang’s evil laughter.

Sorry if it's short, i had to end this chapter there for the suspense ;D COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE<3