Surprise!

Happy Endings Don't Exist

A month had passed and every week Chae Ri would receive something from the mysterious killer that belonged to her father or mother like a strand of hair or a special belonging. Chae Ri was becoming more paranoid everyday, L.Joe tried his best to keep her calm but the creepy things kept coming, every time with a little note addressed to Chae Ri but from nobody and the delivery boy never showed up either. Things on the note were like little steps leading to the big event ‘Get ready Jung’ ‘It’s getting warmer’ ‘Better watch your back’ ‘I’m coming for you Jung’ Chae Ri hadn’t seen any of these notes, L.Joe was worried it would frighten her more but it was like this person was watching her every move. If she stayed over at L.Joe’s place then the delivery would go there but if she was at her house then they’d arrive over there. She stayed mostly at L.Joe place because she didn’t want to be alone at night. It was Thursday morning and Chae Ri was sitting in her office sipping her coffee while signing different files, a knock came to her door and she shouted “Come in!” the door opened and revealed a pretty lady, Chae Ri didn’t look up so she didn’t see “Hello, I am your new business partner from Kim Corporations” she bowed and Chae Ri looked up to see “Secretary Choi?” “Yes, I am replacing Mr. Kim Jaejoong because he is working on another project” she smiled “Oh okay” Chae Ri nodded “I’m sorry about your dress last time we met at the celebration party” “It’s alright, the stain came off” “That’s good to hear. My name is Choi Sa Rang” she bowed again and Chae Ri just nodded “Have a seat” she offered and Sa Rang sat down. They chatted about multiple things related to work, Chae Ri found that she was a nice person and opened up to her.
                                                      
Tomorrow was going to be Chae Ri’s birthday, L.Joe smiled to himself as he drove to Tiffany & Co. When he arrived home he decorated the house with balloons and banners reading ‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY’, he also decorated the staircase with rose petals and streamers before setting up confetti launchers on his ceiling. L.Joe prepared the food and kept them in the freezer, wrapped up. When he was done he glanced at the wall clock, 7:00pm, he left the house, locking it securely before driving off to Chae Ri’s place. She was afraid to sleep alone and L.Joe wanted to surprise her tomorrow too. He rang the doorbell and she cautiously asked who it was before opening it “Hey come in” Chae Ri stepped aside and L.Joe walked in, she closed the door and he turned back to lock it, he also locked all the windows and closed all the blinds before turning on almost every light in the house “Are we in lock down or something?” Chae Ri asked with a roll of her eyes “It’s for your safety” L.Joe answered casually, he plopped himself on the couch and Chae Ri followed, snuggling into his arms “It’s my birthday tomorrow~” she reminded “Yes I know” he laughed “What did you get me?” Chae Ri perked up excited “You’ll see” L.Joe mischievously smirked. They ate dinner, showered, brushed their teeth together then went to bed, L.Joe lay in bed reading a book while Chae Ri had nerdy glasses on, sorting through her files “Rest now, you’ll be tired for tomorrow” L.Joe said putting down his book “It’s my birthday I will sleep in” she smiled still paying full attention to the files “But I want you to get up early” he said piling her files and taking the pen away from her, she rolled her eyes before taking off her glasses and settling into the sheets.

L.Joe got up early the next morning and got ready, when he was done he woke up Chae Ri “Wake up baby, it’s time” he shook her lightly and her eyes fluttered open. She saw L.Joe already cleaned and dressed “Why didn’t you wake me up earlier?” she whined, he ignored her and pulled her out of bed and gave her a light push towards the bathroom “Wear something pretty” he smiled before heading downstairs. Within 1 hour Chae Ri had showered, put on a cream coloured dress, done her make up and let her hair out in loose curls, she picked out a pair of light brown heels and made her way downstairs where L.Joe was dozing off on the sofa “L.Joe! Wake up I’m done” she nudged his shoulder and he opened his eyes “I’m not in heaven, why do I see an angel?” he asked absent mindedly, Chae Ri chuckled at his silliness and softly punched him on the chest “Get up” she said before making her way towards the door. He drove her back to his house for her surprise, when he parked his car in the underground car park he turned to her and smiled “Turn around” he whispered and she did so, L.Joe got out a black scarf from the back seat and blind folded her “What are you doing?” she asked tensing up a bit “Relax it’s just me, time for your surprise” he whispered close to her ear, sending shivers down her spine. L.Joe lead her out of the car and up to his house where the lights were off and the curtains were closed so nothing could be seen, he walked towards the light switch that was quite far from her and he told her to take her blind fold off, as soon as she did he switched on the lights and everything came to view. The confetti launchers shot out confetti from the ceiling and Chae Ri’s eyes sparkled as a wide smile spread across her face. She ran towards L.Joe and swung her arms around his neck, he wrapped his arms around her waist and picked her up spinning her around in his warm embrace.

A short chapter, I know her real name is Kim Sa Rang but you will find out why i changed her last name soon ^^ COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE<3