The Perfect Life

Happy Endings Don't Exist

-10 years ago-

An 8 year old girl limped her way to the kitchen to make dinner for her evil aunt. She didn’t have parents because they were murdered by a mysterious man then she was given to her evil aunt who made her a slave. Ever since her parents died when she was 4, she has been here, serving her aunt like a loyal dog. After all, everyone thought of her as a dog. She promised her parents that one day she would take revenge, she would hunt down this mysterious killer and she would change fate.

-Present-

Chae Ri tapped the steering wheel as she drove through the city, finally arriving in front of a massive building. She stepped out and Secretary Kang quickly came to her side as she threw him her handbag and sunglasses. He tucked the sunglasses into her bag and handed her a thick book, she looked through it while walking towards the entrance of the building. When she walked through the doors, everyone she passed bowed to her but she continued looking through the book, paying no attention at all to the crowd. She got in an elevator and handed the book back to Secretary Kang, the elevator went *ding* and she stepped out into her office, sat down on her chair and began sorting through a bunch of files. Within 3mins she handed Secretary Kang all of them and said to him “Have those completed on my desk after lunch break” without looking at him, he bowed then left her office. Chae Ri leaned back against her chair and checked through her phone where she had a text message.

My baby Chae, want to have dinner with me tonight? - L.joe

Chae Ri smiled at the text before texting back

Of course my Joey<3

She set her phone down and began to work.

Chae Ri arrived at her boyfriend’s house and let herself in with the spare key. The smell of food hit her when she entered, looking around she saw L.joe standing at the stove fussing through a heap of ingredients “Need help?” she asked, rolling up her sleeves as she approached him “No you just sit down and wait” he answered still paying complete attention to the boiling pot. Chae Ri help set up the table when he was done then sat herself across from him. They clanked their glasses of red wine and each took a sip then Chae Ri took a bite of her food “How is it?” L.joe asked, staring at her with anticipating eyes, Chae Ri made a thinking face then after a few seconds answered “Delicious!” with a bright smile. L.joe laughed in relief then they both continued to eat. “Genre?” L.joe asked, kneeling beside the DVD player “Horror” Chae Ri answered casually. He picked out a horror movie and inserted it into the DVD player, they watched in silence while chewing on popcorn. A scary part came and Chae Ri hid her head behind L.joe’s broad shoulders, he just chuckled and continued to watch “The scary part is over you can come out now” L.joe whispered to Chae Ri, she slowly poked her head out from behind his shoulder and came face to face with a hideous face full of scars and scratches on the TV screen, Chae Ri screamed and hid behind L.joe’s shoulder again with tears now b in her eyes. L.joe just laughed softly to himself at her cute reaction, Chae Ri however wasn’t really happy and began punching L.joe’s arms “Why did you that? Scared me to death!” she screamed while still punching his arms. “Sorry sorry, calm down” he said grabbing a hold of her wrist, when he looked at her he finally noticed the tears in her eyes “Were you that scared, I’m sorry” he whispered, gently wiping away her stray tears, she sniffled softly then buried her head into his chest “Don’t ever do that again or I’ll hate you forever” she said with a slightly angry voice “I won’t, sorry” he apologized for the 4th time before wrapping his arms around her and pulling her into a warm hug.

The next morning, Chae Ri woke up and she wasn’t in her own bed. She sat up and lazily rubbed her sleepy eyes “Morning sunshine” she heard a voice beside her, she looked down and saw her beloved boyfriend, laying on his side with his propped up elbow to support his head. “Morning” Chae Ri yawned back before lying down again beside him, she snuggled into his warm body and was about to drift back to sleep when he spoke up “You’ll be late for work if you don’t get up now”. Chae Ri nodded weakly and slowly lifted her self off the bed, she showered and changed back into the clothes she wore yesterday then made her way to the company. Even though Chae Ri was only 18, she had her own fashion company that was built with her own efforts since her parents died when she was 4 and she ran away from her aunt’s house when she was 8. Chae Ri never before received love since her parents died, she can’t even remember what they look like. But when L.joe came into her life, he brought her happiness, he looked after her and was always by her side when she needed him. He was the perfect boyfriend. When Chae Ri was only 8, after running away from her evil aunt she began working and saving up money, when she was 16 she had enough money to build a small company, she became a designer and became more famous everyday. In just 2 years her company had been turned into an internationally famous designer brand, under her name. Chae Ri changed into new clothes when she arrived at her office, obviously the entire company was filled with designer brands so she could change whenever she wanted. Chae Ri worked through her day for 12 hours then came home late at night and fell asleep after a warm bath.

First chapter is up! Tell me what you think about it