Opaque

The Incompatibility of Red and Blue

 

Author’s  notes: This chapter includes a show that not everyone might be familiar of. For the sake of those who haven’t heard of Running Man yet, it is a South Korean variety show wherein the cast and guests complete missions in order to win. It is primarily hosted by Yu Jae Suk with the regular cast including Gary, Haha, Ji Suk Jin, Kim Jong Kook, Lee Kwang Su and Song Ji Hyo.

P.S:

To ChangYoon shippers: Something special, your way comes. Count less than three and you will see. ^^

To YoonHae shippers: Trust what was written and all would be well. ^^

 


 

Yoona woke up the next day and found herself trapped in a tight embrace. She theorized that Donghae fell asleep again while enveloping her in his signature bear hug. He had always enjoyed giving her such warmth and had even confessed that it comforted him. She simply giggled at the thought.

 

Not wanting to wake him up, she slowly removed his hand from her waist and made sure that he was properly covered by the blanket. She wanted to personally bid him goodbye before heading for her Running Man schedule but contemplated against it when she saw Donghae’s blissful sleeping face.

 

“I rarely see him this calm.” Yoona muttered. “It’s like he’s always on guard and ready to pounce on someone whenever I’m with him.” She continued as she brushed some of the hair that had fallen on Donghae’s face. “I’ll forever be yours, oppa… Never forget that.” She said and swiftly leaned down to capture Donghae’s lips with hers.

 

She had their lips locked for quite a few minutes before completely standing up from the bed and catching a glimpse of the clock that was hanging on the bedroom wall. Realizing that she would be late for her schedule, she quickly scribbled a note for Donghae, left it on his nightstand and headed to the shower room for a morning sprinkle.

 


 

The company’s car was already parked outside the building where Donghae's unit was located when Yoona arrived there. She did inform her manager that she was staying with her boyfriend and so any form of argument or conflict was prevented from happening. She was about to slide the door of the car open when it surprisingly unlocked from the inside, revealing an excited-looking Sooyoung who instantly hugged and greeted her.

 

Before the two got emotional, their manger ushered Yoona to hop in. Once inside, one of the coordinators started applying light make-up on Yoona while Sooyoung, who was obviously done with the process, initiated a talk about her excitement regarding that day’s activity. Sooyoung was a longtime fan of Running Man as well but unlike Yoona, it was her first time to actually participate on the show.

 

Yoona listened to her attentively as she hypothesized who among the Runnning Man members would be placed on the same team as her. She also visualized the kind of missions that they would be given and even listed down some strategies that might come in handful while doing the show. Sooyoung also made sure to question Yoona on her almost three-day stay at Donghae’s apartment as well as their vacation with some of SM Entetainment’s artists.

 

Yoona answered her unnie appropriately. She told her all about the happy and memorable events that took place except for the naughty moments she had with Donghae. The two of them showering together was, of course, the first one off the list. Sooyoung was about to ask more questions but, fortunately on Yoona’s part, their manager announced that they had arrived at the filming site and Sooyoung instantly forgot about her inquiries and basically went beyond hyped.

 


 

“Today would be a blast for the viewers of Running Man!” Yu Jae Suk happily commented as he did the introduction. “I heard that the challenges prepared would tire all of us out so…”

 

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?! WEREN’T THE PAST MISSIONS TIRING ENOUGH FOR ALL OF YOU?!” Gary playfully interjected earning a howl of laughter from the cast and staff as well as from the guests who were standing at the side, waiting to be introduced.

 

Yoona was standing between Sooyoung who was already jumping up and down of excitement and Changmin who was the complete opposite. Yoona gave him a look and surprisingly, he returned it and even gave her a reassuring smile. Yoona was not able to smile back as her attention was caught by Yu Jae Suk again who commented, “It seem to me that Gary ssi is quite hot-headed today. Is it because Ji Hyo is not around?”

 

“No. It’s not because of that.” Gary answered plainly earning another round of laughter from the cast.

 

“Well… If you say so, but really, since Ji Hyo is not around, we invited a couple of people who are considered aces in their own field. We would introduce them now.” Yu Jae Suk said. “Please welcome Dong Bang Shin Ki’s Yunho and Changmin and So Nyeo Shi Dae’s Sooyoung and Yoona!” the host exclaimed cuing the four guests to make their entrance.

 


 

After a few more introductions and a whirlwind of jokes from some of the cast, one of the PDs of the show garnered their attention and explained the mechanics of that day’s race.

 

“We will divide you lot into three groups…” he started as he showed them a little white board with the names of the cast as well as the guests written down in columns designating their respective teams.

 

“Yellow team will consist of Yu Jae Suk, TVXQ’s Changmin and SNSD’s Yoona.” The PD said pointing at the first column on the board.

 

“Kim Jong Kook, TVXQ’s Yunho and SNSD’s Sooyoung will be the red team and the remaining four: Haha, Gary, Kwang Su and Ji Suk Jin would comprise the Green team.” The PD said with finality, earning a lot of complaints from the latter four whose team had not been blessed with the presence of an idol.

 

Yoo Jae Suk was about to tease them but then the staff were already handing out the mission cards.  He also can’t helped but noticed how fired up Changmin was. He had never seen the young lad that optimistic before. He wondered if it was because of his excitement in doing the show or if it was because SNSD’s Yoona was happily chatting with him.

 

“Aish… that can’t be.” Yu Jae Suk muttered to himself. “The entirety of South Korea was very well informed when Super Junior’s Donghae announced to the world that Yoona was already his girlfriend. Who on their right mind would go against such fine man?” The host brushed his thoughts away and was brought back to reality by Yoona herself who waved at him and said, “Jae Suk oppa! Come on now! We’re ready to go!”

 

Yu Jae Suk gave a nod at Yoona and was already following the two idols when he realized that Changmin was lightly holding the girl’s hand. He wasn’t completely grasping it but merely intertwining the tips of their fingers. Yoona seemed not to noticed it as she was busy reading the mission card.

 

The scene before him made Yu Jae Suk stopped on his tracks and he thought, “Maybe someone do have the courage to go against Lee Donghae.”