Festive Red

The Incompatibility of Red and Blue

 

Running Man Mission Card

 

Let's eat bulgogi!

 

Drive to Seochu District and find the restaurant called Sariwon, a place known for its specialized non-sugar bulgogi! Order twenty (20) servings and finished them all. The winning team would be given a special prize whereas the losing team would have to eat another batch of 20 servings! Good luck!

 

Yoona smiled as she finished reading the first mission card. They were already inside their team’s car with Changmin driving, Yoona beside him and Yu Jae Suk at the back. The two guys were listening intently to her as she read to them the challenge they have yet to take. They couldn’t help but comment on the possibility that they might just purposely lose the first round just to have the extra twenty servings.

 

“I’ve heard that you two are the shiksins of your respective groups. Such a trait is compatible with the first mission though I simply don’t know if you two would use it to our advantage.” Yu Jae Suk teased.

 

“I can perfectly control myself, hyung. But this girl here…” Changmin said as he ruffled Yoona’s hair, “honestly can’t.”

 

“Hey! I can do that too!” Yoona said defensively as she tried to stop Changmin from disheveling her hair.

 

“Really?” Changmin said with a playful tone. “Then who was the girl who completely threw up on Kyuhyun after eating an entire chocolate cake?”

 

“Well… It was… It was because I was really hungry that time!” Yoona exclaimed while trying to hide her embarrassment.

 

“I don’t bite it, Yoona.” Changmin retorted quickly. “Do you remember that time when you said you were already full, yet once the fried chicken that Yunho hyung ordered arrived, you were the first one to get a piece?”

 

“Well… the fried chicken was so tempting that time and…” Yoona tried explaining but easily gave up. “Aish… oppa! Stop saying such things! This will be on broadcast!”

 

“Exactly.” Changmin said as he let out a winning laugh.

 

Yu Jae Suk joined in the fun and commented on how close the two were. Yoona innocently answered him with her usual reply: That she and Changmin were practically the best of friends and that they were naturally comfortable with each other.

 

Changmin felt a pang in his heart the moment he heard this but then Yoona suddenly spoke again.

 

“Changmin oppa always pretends to be cold and aloof but honestly, he is a warm person. He is always there for me and I think that I am nowhere near where I am now if it's not for his advices and support. I love him so much and I know he does too. Right, oppa?” Yoona said.

 

Changmin was quiet for a moment. It was the first time that Yoona had said she loved him. He perfectly knew that she was referring to that platonic kind of love but nonetheless, just by hearing her say those three words to him completely melted his heart.

 

“I’m surprised that the two of you didn’t end up together. You have an undeniable chemistry and a well-established friendship to begin with.” Yu Jae Suk said.

 

Yoona was about to reply again when Changmin beat her to it. The young lad simply smirked and said, “That could be arranged.”

 


 

They arrived at Sariwon and were surprised to see the Green team already gobbling up their food. The four men waved at Yoona and jokingly convinced her to join their team instead. Haha even suggested that they trade Ji Suk Jin with any of the guest idols. This gained laughter from the guests and staff but then Jae Suk remembered that they were on a mission and so he ignored the other team and led his own group to another table and called out for a waiter to order their servings of bulgogi.

 

Once their food arrived, Yoona and Changmin instantly went for it without a care on their established image. In between eating, Changmin would teased Yoona but would also ever-so-carefully wipe whenever the sauce gets left there.

 

The others could only gape at the two idols as they devoured the food before them.  Without even realizing it, Yoona and Changmin, with a little help from Yu Jae Suk who was only able to eat two servings, were completely done and were already given the second mission card.

 


 

Running Man Mission Card

 

Search and shop until you drop!

 

Go to Myeongdong and have one of your teammates do the shopping for the whole group. Make sure he or she gets all of you a cap, a pair of sunglasses and a shirt that matches with your team’s color. The remaining members, on the other hand, must go to the district’s main street and search for five (5) Running Man caps that are worn by random people. The winning team would be given a special prize and the losing team would have to face an embarrassing consequence. Good luck!

 

“I’ll do the shopping then.” Yu Jae Suk volunteered. “You two find the caps and let’s meet here after.”

 

Yoona and Changmin agreed at what Yu Jae Suk instructed. Before parting ways, however, he shouted at them saying, “Changmin ah! You take care of Yoona! I heard that it’s quite crowded at the main street today so make sure she’s always close to you!”

 

Changmin felt that the older was implying something but then, he brushed the thoughts away. He led Yoona to the main street and was surprised that what their teammate had said was true. It seemed that someone had leaked the information that Running Man would be filming there that time and so people actually gathered at the place.

 

“I didn’t expect this. Stay close to me, Yoona.” Changmin muttered to her as he placed an arm on her shoulder.

 

They started exploring the place but found it difficult to further move when the people started to noticed and mobbed them.

 

“I don’t think we’ll be able to find the Runnning Man caps by just walking around, oppa.” Yoona admitted as she held on Changmin tightly. “Do you have any plans?”

 

Changmin tried to pull Yoona at a corner and was fortunate enough that he was able to do so. He momentarily stopped on his tracks and after a few minutes of thinking, kneeled down with his back facing Yoona and said, “I’ll carry you. Get on my shoulders and just hold on my hair. That way, you’ll be able to see who is wearing a Running Man cap. Give me the direction and we’ll approach the person."

 

Yoona wasn’t entirely sure of Changmin’s idea. The public knew that they were close but they had never shown them how intimate they could be. She thought that Changmin's fans might just go ballistic and attack her right there and then. She started contemplating against Changmin's suggestion but decided in the end that she just had to go for it given that it was work-related anyway. 

She carefully climbed on Changmin’s shoulders with him holding her legs so as to prevent any kind of accident. Yoona was still feeling a bit awkward but eventually relaxed when Changmin rubbed her knees, an action that he never failed to do whenever he felt that she was being bothered by something. She then started to search for the people who were wearing the Running Man caps and as she pinpointed them one by one, Changmin happily obliged and set off.

 


 

Running Man Mission Card

 

Wear and pose!

 

Wear the things that your teammate had brought from the previous mission and drive to Yeongju Museom Village. Once there, choose three (3) spots that you deemed perfect and take a group picture.

This would be the last stop of the race and the first team to finish the mission would be named as the winner and would be given a special prize.

Good luck!

 

Yoona got excited as she finished reading the final mission card. She was eager to win the entire race because aside from the obvious bragging rights, the special prizes that had been given so far were all wonderful. For the first round, wherein their team had won, they were given food vouchers courtesy of Sushiko, a restaurant which specialized in Japanese sushi. For the second round, they fell short against Yunho’s team who were given special packages courtesy of a well-known clothing line. Curious and inspired on what the final prize would be, Yoona made sure to bring home the bacon.

 

The Yeongju Museom Village was a long drive from Myeongdong and given that Yoona and Changmin were dead tired from the previous mission, Yu Jae Suk volunteered to do the driving. Whilst so, Changmin urged Yoona to join him at the backseat so that she could also rest properly. The girl didn’t even complain about it as she was really at lost for energy. It just surprised her that, once inside, Changmin gently placed her head on his lap. She tried to sit up again but the young lad insisted.

 

“Just sleep, Yoona. It’s okay.” Changmin assured her.

 


 

They arrived at Yeongju Museom Village after a very long drive. Yu Jae Suk woke the two up and gave them the things he had bought for them from the previous mission. Yoona was left to change inside the car while the two men changed outside. Once done, their team was given a Polaroid camera and was then ushered to finish the mission.

 

Yu Jae Suk was the first one to find a perfect spot which turned out to be the Manjukje, one of the oldest traditional houses in the area. Yoona and Changmin were very much satisfied with his choice and so they quickly took a group picture.

 

Yoona was the one who suggested the second place. It was the single log bridge which was actually considered as one of the village’s famous attractions for its historical and practical value. The said bridge was the sole connection of the Yeongju village to the outside world for 350 years before another bridge was built in the 1970s. Her teammates completely approved of her choice and as they prepared for their group shot, Changmin placed himself at the middle and had his arms on the shoulders of his teammates. Yoona happily held him by the waist while Yu Jae Suk made a wacky pose. It wasn’t that obvious, but Changmin was in such bliss.

 

For the last shot, Changmin chose a humble spot that overlooked the marvelous green scenery of the place. The team decided to complement its simplicity by doing a classic pose. Yu Jae Suk held the camera on one hand and initiated the countdown.

 

“Hana… dul… set…”

 

CLICK!

 

The Yellow team had taken their last and winning shot.

 

Yu Jae Suk had simply put on a bright and energetic smile while Yoona had both of her hands doing the victory pose.

 

And Changmin?

 

Changmin was beside Yoona. His head leaned down to equal hers and his lips were planted at the left side of her cheek.

 


 

Author's notes: I've just finished reading all the comments for the past three chapters. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and I appreciate the constructive criticisms as well. ^^ I promise that I would reply to all of you and that I would try and reflect all of your suggestions for the betterment of this story. I am simply overwhelmed with the amount of support that The Incompatibility of Red and Blue is getting right now though I think it is quite obvious with the regularity of my updates. ^^ I hope you all had a good read and let us continue to support YoonHae and ChangYoon (and TopYoon! hahaha!)

P.S: Is there a particular name for ChangYoon shippers? If so, kindly inform me. ^^ Thank  you!