A Serving of Yellow Sunshine Part I

The Incompatibility of Red and Blue

It was the sound of hasty footsteps that woke Yoona up. She perfectly knew that it belonged to Donghae yet she  was determined to ignore it because in a few minutes time, he'll undoubtedly make his way towards her and wake her up.

She was still feeling restless after spending some time at TVXQ's dorm. Although she did fell asleep in the middle of Changmin and Kyuhyun's game, she woke up just in time to hear the news that Siwon arranged a two-day vacation trip for the Super Junior and TVXQ members. She frowned at this and slowly approached her boyfriend who, upon realizing her presence beside him, immediately placed her between his legs and hugged her from the back.

Yoona blushed with her boyfriend's sudden intimate action while Yunho and Changmin were both surprised with the public display of affection. Kyuhyun who was used to his hyung's gestures around his girlfriend, acted as if nothing scandal-worthy happened and simply took everyone's attention by showing them Leeteuk and Yesung's text messages regarding Yoona.

"I don't care if Donghae wanted to have some time alone with Yoona, tell him to join the trip tomorrow and make sure he'll bring baby Yoong along!" was what Yesung wrote.

Leeteuk added coal on the fire by texting, "If ever Donghae doesn't want to come, just kidnap Yoona and take her with you!"

All of them burst out laughing with their seniors' childish antics and Yunho quietly nudged Donghae and whisphered, "I told you. Your girlfriend is really irresistable."


Yoona was trying not to laugh as she reminisced the events from last night but then an image of Donghae's surprised expression flashed through her mind and she can't helped but let out a giggle. She tried to stop herself from howling in laughter but it was of no use because Donghae already noticed that she was finally awake.

Within seconds, Yoona was enveloped with warmth as Donghae wrapped his arms around her waist and nuzzled his head at the side of her neck. He started pressing little kisses on her shoulders  before asking, "Why were you laughing? Were you dreaming of me?"

Yoona smiled and turned to face him but then Donghae prepared a surprise. As soon as their eyes met, their lips did so too. Donghae was quick to lean in to capture her lips that Yoona was indeed left astounded.

Their kiss was sweet and gentle, something that brought a blissful kind of feeling to Yoona. Usually, Donghae's surprise kisses were wild and possesive. Yoona thinks that it was very flattering for him to want her like that but then again, she still prefer his soft and tender ones.

Donghae was the one who broke the kiss when he felt that Yoona was already in need of air. He carefully lifted her so that she was lying on top of him, her head resting on his bare chest, his one hand her hair, and the other guiding her left  hand over his chiseled and well-toned upper body.

Yoona instantly went red with her boyfriend's actions.  She perfectly knew that Donghae was aware of the effect his body had on her and that he will use it to his liking. When she showed a sign of getting up, Donghae was quick to stop her and said, "Why in such a hurry, Yoona?"

"Didn't Teukkie-oppa said that we have to be at your dorm before six? Well... we have to get going, oppa. We still have to take a bath and..."

"Let's just shower together." Donghae quickly interjected.

Yoona's eyes widened and before she could answer back, Donghae spoke again.

"Don't give me such an expression, Yoona. We're not going to have . We're just going to shower together."

"Bu... but oppa..." Yoona started, her face now completely red.

Donghae heaved a sigh before lifting her chin and giving her a teasing smile, "Don't worry. I won't be as naughty as last time."


They arrived at Super Junior's dorm to find the members all over the place. It appeared that the one who was assigned to do the morning call forgot to set his own alarm clock and so everyone woke up late. When Donghae and Yoona shouted their morning greetings, replies came from all directions.

Leeteuk, Shindong and Eunhyuk were in one room, discussing and listing down what seemed like their two-day itenerary. Yesung and Sungmin were checking their luggages in the living room. Ryeowook was preparing breakfast in the kitchen and Siwon and Kyuhyun were in the dining area; the former reading a newspaper, the latter holding a console and was obviously playing.

Donghae led Yoona to the younger three and Ryeowook was quick to offer them a serving of toasted bread and coffee. Donghae gladly accepted the offer but requested for Ryeowook to give Yoona a cup of warm milk instead.

"I'm not a baby anymore, oppa." Yoona said as she sat on the chair next to Siwon.

"It's not about that, Yoong." Donghae started. "You've lost a lot of weight after months of filming your drama. You should at least eat and drink healthier things."

"Hyung's right, Yoona." Siwon added as he put down the newspaper he was reading. "Although you look as stunning as ever, you have to at least gain some weight."

"And stop saying you're not a baby anymore because just so you know pretty Im Yoona, you'll always be Super Junior's little girl." Kyuhyun said.

Yoona wasn't able to argue anymore as Ryeowook arrived with their food. She simple gave her boyfriend a look and pouted at him. Donghae saw this and after  ruffling his girl's hair, he said, "Just eat, okay? and stop doing that. No one is immune to your charms here."

The other three Super Junior member smiled at this. What Donghae said was true. Yoona has always been their adorable and charming dongsaeng and although all of them now have purely platonic feelings towards the younger girl (an event brought about by her relationship with Donghae), some would have to honestly admit that they fell for her at some point in their lives.

"Anyway. Why aren't we going yet? Didn't Teukkie hyung said that we're leaving exactly at 7?" Donghae asked, completely changing the topic.

"It's all Eunhyuk's fault." Leeteuk said jokingly as he entered the kitchen. "Anyway, you guys hurry and finish whatever you're eating. Yunho and Changmin have arrived. We're ready to go."

"But hyung, where are we going to ride anyway? Didn't you say that you, Yunho hyung and Siwon will be the only ones to bring a car?" Ryeowook inquired.

"Oh yes, about that. You, Kyuhyun and Changmin would be with Yunho. Yesung, Shindong and Sungmin would be with me and Donghae, Yoona and Eunhyuk would be with Siwon." Leeteuk answered smoothly.

"It seemed fun in Siwon hyung's car." Kyuhyun said. There's a cool prince, a handsome fish, a beautiful deer and..." he paused as he stood up from his seat.

"... a pet monkey." he finished.

"I HEARD THAT KYUHYUN! JUST YOU WAIT 'TIL I GET MY HANDS ON YOU, YOU EVIL MAKNAE!" Eunhyuk shouted from inside the living room making everyone in the kitchen laughed.

"Okay, okay." Leeteuk said, whilst clapping his hands. "You guys save the jokes for later and let's go!"


Author's notes: It's been a while! I was simply astonished with the number of readers that this story attracted. I am indeed very very thankful. Also, I would like to apologize for  the irregularity of my updates, this may be the first and last update for this month but I'll promise to make it up on October as I say hello to my semestral break. :) 

P.S: Just a little plugging! You might want to visit the wonderful YoonHae Intenational Forum as well as the oh-so-sweet ChangYoon tumblr. ^^ Those two sites never failed me when I simply need OTP inspirations. Do check them out. :)