A Bicolored Scene

The Incompatibility of Red and Blue

 

They were back at Donghae’s apartment unpacking all the summer clothes that they had brought with them on their two-day vacation. Yoona was sitting at the foot of his bed and was continuously praising Gangwon for its breathtaking beauty. She even suggested that they should go there again which made Donghae by saying that they will do so on their honeymoon.

Yoona instantly went red at what her boyfriend had said, and in order to hide her embarrassment, started talking about the good memories they had made for the past two days. Donghae, whilst feigning innocence, listened attentively to her as she reminisced every little and interesting things they had experienced; from the delicious  bibimbap that Ryeowook and Sungmin prepared for them, to the nerve-wrecking truth or dare game that Kyuhyun and Changmin had initiated and the refreshing bike ride they all took on their first night at the blissful countryside.  She was about to comment on how funny Eunhyuk and Shindong’s parody of KARA’s Mister was, when her handphone suddenly rung and she had to quickly excused herself.

 


 

Yoona came back a few minutes later with a huge smile plastered on her face. Donghae asked her who it was and it got him confused when she told him that it was her manager.

“That’s odd. You are never really this excited whenever Seunghyun hyung calls. ”

Yoona simply laughed it off and said, “This one’s different, oppa! Seughyun oppa just told me that I would be guesting on Running Man again!”

“Ah… Your favorite show…” Donghae said, smiling. “I understand that you are excited about it, but you know, you seemed happier than just that. Any other reasons?”

Yoona gave out a hearty giggle and answered, “Well… Sooyoung unnie would also be there! I haven’t seen her or any of the girls for a couple of days now and I really missed them. It would really make my day if I get to see even just one of them and besides, unnie is such a natural when it comes to variety shows so I think filming would be a lot of fun!” she finished excitedly and threw herself at Donghae.

Donghae let her sat on his lap and hugged her tightly as she was getting all giddy with the news she just received. He then asked her if she and Sooyoung were the only invited guests for that Running Man episode.  He expected her to say yes or to simply agree but then she did the opposite.  She vaguely shook her head and said, “Oh! Seunghyun oppa told me that Yunho oppa and Changmin oppa would also be there as well. You know, as part of their album promotions.”

Donghae didn’t let Yoona notice it but his lips tightened at the mention of Changmin’s name. He may have let the tickling incident passed easily but he promised himself that nothing like or more than that would happen again. But somehow, it seemed that fate was trying to play against him given that Yoona and Changmin were to guest on a show where skinship and things more extreme than that could happen.

“When did you say you are going to start filming, Yoona?” Donghae inquired, trying to sound as normal as possible.

“I haven’t yet, oppa. But anyway, it’s tomorrow. We’ll start filming tomorrow.”  

Donghae looked as if he could faint right there and then. He had one of his hands covering his face while the other was still clutching Yoona by the waist. The younger became instantly confused with the way her boyfriend was acting. Not knowing exactly what to do, she gently removed Donghae’s hand from his face and gave him a light peck on the lips.

 


 

Donghae could not sleep that night. He kept on getting worried about Yoona being alone with Changmin. Well… not totally alone but then again, that could still be a possibility.

He looked at the young woman who was peacefully sleeping beside him and without thinking, softly caressed her face. He pulled her closer to him and let his head rest on her shoulders. He gave it some light kisses and felt Yoona stirred beside him. He looked at her as she slowly opened her eyes and muttered a soft oppa though he perfectly knew that she was not even half awake. As he pressed the tip of his nose against hers and breathed the scent of her, he muttered, “I love you, Yoona… Always remember that.”

 


 

Author's notes: A very short update though I hope you'll find it sweet! ^^ I am honestly beyond stoked right now seeing that this story is just 3 subscribers away from hitting a hundred. To the 97 people who gave The Incompatibility of Red and Blue a chance to be loved, thank you very much. Also, to  the people who continuously share their thoughts about the story through comments, I want you to know that every single word you typed is highly appreciated. 

Speaking of comments (and based on the latest ones I've read), it seemed that a lot of you guys are rooting for ChangYoon. ^^ Should I just let them be the end game in this one? hahaha! I can't promise you anything but one thing's for sure, Yoona and Changmin's big moment is coming up  real soon! I'll be updating regularly in two weeks and I am crossing my fingers that you'll support this story until the very end! ^^

P.S: I'm honestly thinking that this story is losing YoonHae shippers but I hope it's just my fearful thinking. >.< I prepared a surprise for the Pyrotechnics as well so I hope you guys watch out for that too! ^^