A Serving of Yellow Sunshine Part II

The Incompatibility of Red and Blue

 

It was one of those perfect mornings. Yoona was lying on a comfortable hammock with a book plopped open against her chest.  She was very much absorbed in what she was reading a few minutes ago but as soon as the wind started toying with her hair,  she lost interest in the story and instead, wished that the blissful feeling brought about by the gentle breeze would continue.
 
They arrived at their destination not long ago. It was in the countryside, in a place called Gangwon.  There, Siwon booked a cozy cabin for them which overlooked a summer garden filled with bell flowers, cosmos and Chinese rain trees. The scene was truly breathtaking and it made everyone excited.
 
Leeteuk, Yesung and Shindong were the first ones who hurriedly went inside the lodge. They roamed around to check everything and everyone followed suit.
 
The cabin was a classic one. The entirety of it was made up of wood which smells a whole lot like pine and amber.  It consists of two floors that houses three bedrooms, a pretty little kitchen and a veranda where a part of the beautiful Gangwon could be seen. Yesung, Yunho, Siwon, Sungmin and Ryeowook grouped themselves and decided to occupy the sole room downstairs. Leeteuk, Shindong and Eunhyuk took the smaller room upstairs, and Donghae, Changmin, Kyuhyun and Yoona, having no other choice, lodged on the room that was left.
 
The group spent the first few hours settling their things in their respective rooms. Afterwards, Leeteuk called them in order to discuss the distrubution of the chores.  Ryeowook and Sungmin instantly volunteered to do the cooking and the others rejoiced upon hearing it. The two then reminded them that they are yet to buy the ingredients for today's lunch and dinner. Eunhyuk dismissed their worries and told them that he and Donghae agreed earlier on thar they will do the shopping for them . It appeared to be a half lie with the way Donghae was trying his best not to groan. Noticing this, Yoona playfully pat his arm and tried to convince him that helping Eunhyuk would be a good idea. She even jokingly added that Donghae should buy something for her if ever he finds something unique or interesting. This seemed to do the trick as Donghae instantly agreed.
 
The rest of the chores were easily distributed and when Eunhyuk and Donghae bid them goodbye, Yoona was left with nothing to do. As everyone appeared to have their own iterinaries, Yoona didn't bother to tag along and simply went upstairs to their room. There, she found Changmin and Kyuhyun who were both lying on their beds. They had their eyes close but Yoona knew that they weren't asleep yet. She would have asked the two of them to play with her if only they weren't looking so tired. Not wanting to just stand there, Yoona quietly tiptoed across the room and got a book from her bag. For a while, she contemplated whether to read it there or somewhere outside. In the end, she went downstairs and into the back garden where she found the beautiful hammock that she was lying on now.
 
"Perfect spot." Yoona muttered to herself.
 

Yoona was still enjoying the playful breeze that was now freely caressing her skin. She felt exposed but she doesn't care. Such freedom that she was experiencing right now comes once in a blue moon in an idol's life so all she wanted to do was to take that chance and spend it to the fullest. She was still in her own world of bliss when all of a sudden, a shutter was heard. She opened her eyes and slowly sat up just to see Changmin walking towards her with a camera in hand and an evil smirk plastered on his face.

"What do you want, oppa?" Yoona jokingly snapped.
 
"You." Changmin answered, his smirk not leaving his face.
 
"Aish... I'm not in the mood to play with you oppa... and besides I wanted to finish reading this." Yoona replied and held out the book for Changmin to see.
 
Changmin chuckled and got it from her. He raised one brow as he was examining the book and commented, "So? Chinese Cinderella huh?"
 
"More like the story of Adeline Yen Mah which I can very much relate to." Yoona said.
 
"Really? Well, it doesn't seem like it's interesting."
 
Yoona pouted at this and tried to snatch the book away from Changmin's hand but he was quick enough to avoid her. He would have continued teasing her if she didn't give out a sigh and frowned. Changmin gently patted her head right and said, "I'm just kidding, Yoona."
 
She had her head bowed but then all of a sudden, she burst out laughing and it got Changmin confused. In between stifling her own laughter, she was able to say, "I got you, oppa!" She continued to laugh like that and without him noticing, he was laughing as well. He went beside her and motioned for her to move so that he could sit on the hammock too. The younger girl obliged and when they were both settled, Changmin laid down and propped open Yoona's book which he was still holding. This gained him a painful arm slap from Yoona who shouted, "Oppa! I'm going to read it!"
 
"Well you weren't reading it a while ago. You were just savoring the wind and letting it dishevelled your hair." Changmin said as he rubbed his arm that Yoona hit earlier.
 
"You stalker!!" Yoona teased and attempted to snatched the book for the second time that day yet she still failed.
 
"Who are you  calling a stalker huh?!" Changmin said, laughing, and grabbed her by the waist so that she was lying on the hammock with him on top of her.  He then started tickling Yoona and the girl was simply at lost on what to do. She tried pushing Changmin off her but he was too strong for her and that he was genuinely enjoying the moment that he just wouldn't budge. 
 
It was not until when someone coughed behind them that the two of them stopped. They looked up to see who it was and Yoona's lips formed an O at the sight of the newcomer.
 
 
 
 
 
...It was Donghae.
 

Author's notes: First of all, thank you so much for still supporting this story! You don't know how happy I am whenever I get notified with new comments/new subscribers. Also, I want to apologize for the lack of updates. I knew I promised that I will make it up to you guys last October but something (a new pairing, to  be exact) caught my time and attention. I am currently obssessing over TopYoon (yes, Top from Big Bang and our sweet little darling Yoona) that I actually spent half of my semestral break writing a story about them alongside YoonHae. Changmin will also be included in that story but rather than a lover, he would play a different role. :) I am really, really excited in sharing that story with you guys! :)

On another note, I have completely planned out all the events that will take place in this story (The Incompatibility of Red and Blue). I have already written the drafts and I just need a few more ideas that would (hopefully) improve it. I am planning to finish this before the year ends and I am crossing my fingers that it will go just like that. YoonHae, ChangYoon, TopYoon fighting! :)