A Cup of Blue

The Incompatibility of Red and Blue

Donghae

My groupmates and I had just arrived in Korea when I received Seohyun's text message saying that Yoona would be left alone in their dorm for a week. It almost gave me a heart attack because I misunderstood her message and hastily thought that Yoona broke a rule or two so the company made her repent for it by secluding her from her group members. I was actually relieved when I found out the real reason.

Although I knew that Yoona was disappointed of not being able to spend some much-awaited time with her family, I would be lying if I say that I didn't consider it as a blessing in disguise. I knew that I am being such a selfish boyfriend, but I have to admit, I was really happy that she got to stay and spend some time with me. The moment I saw her after five months of being away from each other, I suddenly had the urge to hug her, to kiss her, to touch her.

We spent that perfect spring morning together. Yoona said that she wanted to stay at the garden for a while to do one of her favorite things, that is, making flower crowns. I couldn't actually say no to her as she was naturally irresistable. As she sat under the shade of the magnolia tree, I placed myself next to her and comfortably laid my head on her lap. I saw how her cheeks turned crimson and I let out a small laugh. We have been dating for three years now yet there were still a lot of couple gestures that she felt shy about.

In order to hide her embarassment,  she started busying herself with what she was doing.  I smiled inwardly to myself and kept on distracting her by either pulling her hand and giving it little kisses or by pinching her nose and cheeks. When I noticed that she was starting to  get lost in her own little world, I sat up, held her close and kissed her. She was startled, of course, but she did kiss me  back. I gently placed my hand at the back of her head and pushed her on the ground so that I was lying on top of her. I felt her stiffened against me but I assured her that I won't go beyond the stage of being naughty.

When lunch time came, I took her to the nearby cafe that we both happened to like. I loved it there because of the cozy and relaxing ambiance. Yoona, on the other hand, was crazy over one of the entertaining services they offered. The cafe has these little papercups that their customers can design, they can then either take it home or put it on one of the cafe's shelves as a form of display. Yoona used to do the latter but then she started to take it back to their dorm as some sort of interior decoration. I actually received a lot of phone calls from her group members asking if I could stop Yoona from her newly-found hobby as their dorm was already flooded with multi-colored papercups.

I did what they asked me to do and Yoona actually agreed, but when I saw how sad she was about the idea, my heart melted. I continued to let her draw on the cups but instead of taking it back to their dorm, we just took pictures of it and had it develop afterwards. She was really happy and I am as well.

Today was the same. I let her find a seat for us while I ordered our food. I saw her happily skipped as she got herself a cup before settling on a couch at the back side of the cafe. I followed her after I placed our order and as expected, she was already  focused on drawing and decorating the little thing in her hand. She didn't even notice when I sat beside her and the surprised jump that she made when I pulled her by the waist confirmed it. I stifled a laugh as I gave her a forehead kiss and said, "What are you drawing this time?"

She beamed at me and held the cup in front of my face. There, I saw an untidy yet awkwardly cute sketch of a boy and a girl doing a familiar pose. She asked me what I think of it and I faked a disappointed expression. I then grabbed the cup and pen out of her hand and started scribbling things on it.

"I think it's better now." I said and showed her the finished product. Yoona widened her eyes and I gave her a smirk as she read the words: Yoong and Hae, we are no. 1!

Contrary to what I expected, she had this unreadable expression that made me raised my eyebrows at her. I asked if she didn't like it but she just shook her head. It was then when I noticed the redness that crept on her cheeks and being the sly boyfriend that I am, I about it. Yoona tried to defend herself but then our food arrived and she was easily distracted. I knew that she would go for the cheesecake first and with an idea in mind, I stopped her from getting it. She gave me a questioning look and I simply motioned for her to kiss me first before I give her her sweet guilty pleasure.

"This is a public place, oppa." she told me.

"So?" I retorted. "Our relationship is already known by the public, Yoona."

She bit her lip as a sign of hesitation but I knew she would give in. I flashed a winning smile when I saw her closed her eyes and leaned in to capture my lips. She was actually a bit gentle for my liking so I pushed her down a little and began kissing her hungrily. She was taken aback but she managed to adjust with my rythym.

She pulled back to gasped for air and I momentarily let her rest her head on my chest. I asked her if I went a little overboard but she simply shook her head as I began her hair.

"Yoona, would you like to stay at my place over the week? I think it's better than being alone in your dorm."

She kept her silence for a few minutes and to my surprise, she nodded her head.