A Mixture of Colors

The Incompatibility of Red and Blue

Given that Yoona agreed to stay at his condominium unit for the whole week, Donghae asked her to do some grocery shopping with him for a month-worth of food supply. Yoona, known for her undying love for anything edible, happily agreed. In fact, while Donghae was meticulously picking the ingredients for the meal he planned for their dinner, Yoona continously keep on putting things in their cart; there were packs of chips, sour glowworms and even a tub of her favorite chocolate mint ice cream. Donghae was about to reprimand her for her unhealthy choices when he noticed something neon in between the packs of junkfood. Perking up his interest and thinking that it was something familiar, he picked it up from the pile and as he realized what it was, he smiled slyly to himself and said,  "I didn't know you want me for dinner, Yoona."  

Yoona turned around and was scandalized to see her boyfriend holding out a pack of contraceptive. She almost attracted the attention of all the people in the store with the loudness of her voice saying, "What do you mean oppa?! and why in the world are you holding such thing?!"

"Just to let you know soon-to-be-Mrs.Lee Donghae, I found this in between your pack of chips and..."

"I swear I didn't put it oppa!" Yoona interrupted.

Donghae acted as if he didn't hear her and continued, "You should have just told me you know, we won't be needing this. They say it's more pleasurable when done naturally."

Yoona blushed a thousand shades of red with what Donghae said.  She was about to speak again when she noticed two familiar figures approaching them. As if her body had a mind of her own, she jumped towards Donghae and tried to grabbed the pack of contraceptive out of his hand but to no avail, a hand faster than hers snatched the thing out of Donghae's grasp.

The couple looked at the direction of their added companions and saw an amused Yunho who was then holding and eyeing the in his hands and an obviously surprised Changmin whose deer-like eyes were as wide as they can be.

"I know you two are serious about your relationship but I never thought you'll do it real soon." Yunho teased.

"It's not like that Yunho oppa..." Yoona started but Donghae beat her to it.

"I was surprised too. I think my little girl here is hinting for an early marriage." Donghae said with a wink at his girlfriend.

Yoona was heavily embarassed but she nonetheless tried to defend herself again. "I don't really have an idea how that insidious thing got in our cart so please stop saying those things, oppa!" she finished, her eyes in the verge of tears.

Noticing this, Donghae and Yunho were quick to console her by saying that they were just joking around. It was a bit late, however, because Yoona had already started crying. The two older men were obviously at lost on what to do. Fortunately, Changmin decided to be the superhero of the day and stepped on the scene. He pulled Yoona to him (much to Donghae's surprise) and started to whisper things that made the girl laughed in a matter of seconds. She even asked giggling, "Are you sure, oppa?"

Changmin nodded and gave her a smile as he remove a loose strand of hair from her face. Though he wasn't expecting an intimate reaction from her, he was still left in dismay when she simply returned his smile and turned around to hug her boyfriend. He followed her with his gaze only to be stopped by Donghae who muttered a soft thanks to him.

Changmin simply shrugged and headed for the cashier. Pretending to be uninterested, his ears didn't miss the fact that Yunho invited the pair to have dinner over at their dorm. He expected them to decline the offer considering that they seemed to be planning a meal of their own with what the items in their cart and all, however, the couple easily agreed, with Yoona even calling out to him and challenging him for a game or two.

Not wanting to appear so excited, he just gave her a thumbs-up and urged them to finish their business at the grocery store. The other three nodded and soon after, Yunho and Donghae were alreading cooking in TVXQ's kitchen.

The older two volunteered to do the task just to compensate with Yoona and give her the chance to challenge Changmin for a game. Their plan seemed to work considering how Yoona got so excited and literally jumped  from behind Changmin who was taken aback by her actions but instinctively wrapped the younger girl's legs around his upper body so that he was carrying her in a piggyback style. He then brought her to his room, completely ignoring the not-so-friendly stare that his Donghae hyung was giving him.

"If it wasn't Changmin, I swear I could punch him for daring to touch Yoona like that." he heard him say from outside the kitchen.

Yunho laughed and answered, "Well what can you do? Your girlfriend happened to be so likeable that even our own labelmates can't help but to adore her even though they knew that she is already out of bounds."

"Are you speaking from personal experience, Yunho?" Donghae asked sternly but just earned another laugh from TVXQ's leader.

Changmin sighed and decided to ignore whatever Yunho's reply was going to be. The thought of his hyung liking Yoona as well haunted him. There were still a lot of competition for her even though there exists this man who 'currently' was the winner.

Changmin was still deep in his thought when he felt a cheek pressed against his; He was still carrying Yoona and because of his momentary silence, she was asking him if he was okay. He gave her a nod and gently put her down.

Yoona then proceeded in setting up one of his game consoles. He asked her what she wanted to play and she happily replied, "racing." After a few minutes of contemplating and choosing between the variety of competitive games that Changmin have, a virtual battle filled with yells, cheers and hoots commenced.

The two were in the middle of a heated game when the door to Changmin's bedroom opened, revealing a grinning Kyuhyun who greeted them with that sly antics of him.  

"Am I disturbing some sort of adultery here?" he began.

Changmin nonchalantly shrugged and motioned for him to take a console and play too but Yoona got overly excited and actually dashed at him causing him (and her) to fall on the floor.

"I know you are my fan girl Yoona, but I didn't know it was to this extent." Kyuhyun said, all the while the hair of the girl whom he missed as much as well.

Yoona let out a small laugh and helped Kyuhyun to stand up. She then asked  the older guy if he could play in her place because apparently, Changmin is too good for her skills to beat.

Kyuhyun  was more than willing to accept the challenge and said, "If I win against him, you have to marry me Yoona."

Yoona laughed again and answered, "I can't do that Kyu-oppa! The only man that I will marry is Donghae oppa!"

...and then the car that Changmin was playing crashed on the gutter.

"Nervous already Shim?" Kyuhyun said.

"You wish." Changmin. replied whilst feigning innocence.

The two then started their game while Yoona placed herself between them. She was really excited to watch this so-called "battle of the gamers" and was even shouting some cheers. Changmin and Kyuhyun, however, were both really good and Yoona easily got tired. Noticing this, Changmin motioned for her to lean on his shoulder and the girl innocently obliged.

A moment later, Changmin suddenly paused their game and Kyuhyun looked as if he could kill him because he was already winning.

"What the hell are you doing Sh-?!" Kyuhyun started but stopped when he saw Changmin carrying a sleeping Yoona.

"Of all times, Yoona chose this particular moment to fall asleep." Kyuhyun whined as he watched his bestfriend carefully placing Yoona on the bed and covering her with a blanket. He didn't miss the longing and lust-filled gaze that Changmin was giving Yoona and said, "Whatever you're thinking, don't do it, Changmin."

Changmin gave his bestfriend a helpless look before saying, "What am I suppose to do Kyu? You perfectly knew that I've been trying to forget about my feelings for her..."

"Try harder." Kyuhyun simply replied.

"You do know that I'm almost at my limits." Changmin said. "Three years...  The past three years where I see her smiling happily with another man..."

"He's not just another man Changmin!" Kyuhyun said with a raised of voice. He let go of the console he was holding and stood up to face DBSK's maknae. "and for God's sake, that man is just outside, are you planning to lose more of what you have?"

Changmin eyed his best friend darkly, he let go of Yoona's hand and stood up to face him squarely.

"I once lost her because of cowardice, I won't let it take her away from me any further, I'm going to take the risk, no matter how big it is"

Kyuhyun widened his eyes in disbelief, "Can you even hear yourself Changmin? You're trying to break not just one relationship here!"

"I know." Changmin said quietly. "I may lose a lot of friends along the way but I've made up my mind, I'm going to take the chances."

Kyuhyun tightened his fist but continued to reason out to his friend, "Don't do such reckless actions Changmin, youre the one whose going to be hurt in the end."

"We're not sure of that yet."

"Youre mad."

"Yes. madly in love."


Author's notes: Thank you so much to all of you who took their time reading this story. All of those wonderful comments are highly appreciated. :) Also, I apologize for not updating this regularly. School had already started and homeworks, exams and the likes booked the entirety of my July and August. Rest assured, this story will be finish. :)