Continuing from Chapter 5

Tomboy plus Ninja equals Love?

Hyunjung was sleeping in her room at her apartment when the alarm rang. *Ugh school." She thought as she got off her bed and dragged herself to the restroom.

She did her regular routine and changed out of her pajamas. Thank God she didn't need a uniform or else she would have had to wear a skirt.

 

Hyunjung looked at herself in the mirror.  She touched her necklace. 

"I wonder if I should try finding my parents..." She murmured out loud. She went to the kitchen and ate a few poptarts with milk before she realized she forgot to finish her algebra homework.

"Crap!" She rushed to her backpack and got it out. She quickly finished it as she heard the doorbell ring.

She knew it was Soungyi. He took her to school sometimes. Hyunjung's gotten close to Soungyi despite the fact that he was still a weird boss.

"Morning Soungyi-sshi." He was 27 now. Which meant he was 9 years older but she could never call him Oppa. (Let's just say he looks exactly like Chun.)

 

"Morning, are you ready?" She nodded. They headed off to her high school. As soon as they arrived, she could hear girls screaming. She sighed. It always happened when Soungyi picked her up or dropped her off. She told him many times that she could have walked or rode her bike to school, but he didn't want to hear it.

"See you at work." He said before driving off. Hyunjung sighed again. *Was he really that good looking?* She just couldn't see it.

"Hyunjung! You should totally introduce us to your boss." A group of girls randomly said to her.

"I don't even know you girls."

"We were in your homeroom class last year!" They exclaimed but sadly, Hyunjung couldn't remember.

Hyunjung never really interacted with other girls. There was only one exception. A girl named Qian Ai. She was an exchange student and Hyunjung helped her out with things. Hyunjung learned a lot of Chinese from her action movies plus Hankyung taught  her sometimes whenever he came to the orphanage, so she was able to communicate with her.

Hyungjung was walking to her homeroom class when she noticed a bunch of the guys from the tennis team walking her way. 

"Yah Hyunjung, you sure you don't wanna join the team? You're really good." A guy asked.

"Nah, thanks for the offer though."  She didn't have time to be involved in any sports since she had work. But work made her fit so she didn't need tennis. 

Sungmin was in her homeroom class and he sat next to her.

"Annyeong Hyunjung-ah. How's your morning so far?" He questioned her.

"It's going okay. I almost forgot to finish my algebra homework though. You?"

"Kyuhyun somehow got into my bed last night and he was hugging me when I woke up.... It was very awkward..."

Hyunjung laughed. "Wow, I can imagine that happening. Man, I miss living in the orphanage with you guys. But since I moved, Minho and Taemin moved into my room and I wouldn't want to take it back. They would have to move back with Heechul and Leeteuk."

"Well, actually I was going to tell you that Leeteuk moved out."

"Bwoh? No way! When? And why?"

"Yesterday. He moved because he wanted to try and be independent. He said he would visit us a lot though." Sungmin stated.

"Hmmm..... by the way, did you guys ever find out who he liked?" Hyunjung questioned. It's been a week since he said that he liked someone.

"Aniyo. We did found out her name starts with a H though."

"I wonder if that girl would like him back..."

"Yeah..." Sungmin spaced out for a while. He and Hankyung had trouble finding this No Mercy person. Sungmin found out that No Mercy was a mafia boss. So Hankyung wasn't going to kill him with a gun. But he would have to kill him ninja style.... (>_<) They had to find some clue of how to find him.

"Sungmin? You okay?" Hyunjung waved her hand in front of his face.

"Yeah sorry, spaced out for a little." He said. The teacher came in and class started.

-----

It was lunch time when Hyunjung was talking to Eunhyuk ,Sungmin, Siwon, and Donghae outside in the courtyard.  She noticed someone was watching her from outside the school. She thought it was her imagination. But it was a man wearing a black suit. As soon as she saw him, he ran away. Curious, she wanted to chase after him, but she didn't feel like skipping school. 

"Something the matter, Hyunjung?" Eunhyuk inquired.

"No... It's nothing."  They went back to eating their lunches.

That man was a follower of No Mercy... 

"Boss, Hyunjung was at her high school. Nothing changed so there's really nothing to report."

"Araso. Thanks. You can leave now." No Mercy claimed. The man left and he sighed.

"Hyunjung-ah, my daughter. I will come get you like I said I would. It took 13 years but a promise is a promise. I didn't forget you." He said out loud and held the picture of her to his chest.

----

It was after school when Hyunjung was picked up by Soungyi. They arrived at the new construction site and started to work. Hyunjung worked her way up and she was finally at the top. She could do anything. It was hard to accomplish it but she did. She helped out the new workers and told them what to do and how to use the machines.

Hyunjung was carrying wood over to a co worker when she spotted Soungyi talking to a figure that looked very familiar. She looked closely and realized it was Hankyung!

"How do they know each other?"