Chapter 2

Dance into Romance

2 years later:

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!
I groaned and looked at the clock. 2:30 am. Urgg fantastic. I got up out of bed and began to wake up the others. I walked over to Trinity first.

“C’mon Trinity its time to get uppp”
she blindly swung around her fists, not hitting anything
“go awaaaay five more minutes I swearrrr mooommmm”
I sighed, then sat on her back and started to bounce myself up and down. This idiot can never wake up.
“ow ow ow ow OW OKAY JUST GET OFF!” she screamed. I smiled to myself. This is how it goes every morning. I wake up first because that stupid alarm is right next to my bed, then wake up Trinity because I know she’ll scream. As a result, everybody else wakes up to tell her to quite down. Ohoho I’m a genius.

Hana got down from her bunk bed.

She’s the oldest untie in our dorm at 24, and our group’s lead vocalist. She’s really responsible and strict when she needs to be, but she is a loving and caring mommy as well. She plays with us all the time :)
“Aish every morning you guys are like this! I’m thankful I don’t speak English so I don’t understand the racket you make everyday” she rolled her eyes.
Trinity and I are both fluent in English. We actually lived in the same neighborhood back in the states, but I never knew her because she older than me and never went to the same school. When I was in high school, she was in college. Trinity is one heck of an amazing rapper. Its not the feminine kind of rapping, but the intense, raspy and husky hardcore kind. Its amazing how her personality is bubbly and hyper at the same time. She’s pretty much my very best friend here even though shes 22.
“Ah but unnie remember you have to take English lessons pretty soon!” Trinity reminded.
“Yeah! I had to learn Korean in two years. Now its your turn MWAHAHAHAHA”
Hana sighed in defeat. Because she was older, learning a new language quickly was going to be harder for her than it was for me, a 17 year old.

Just then Ami rolled off of her bed with a thud…thank god she sleeps on the bottom.

“ARG why do we have to get up so early? Its not like we have schedules yet! We havent even debuted!”
“Yes unnie but some of us have to go to school” I said
“ONLY YOU!”
We giggled at Ami’s grumpyness. As our bright and shiney , 22 year old visual vocalist, you would have thought she would have a sweet personality. Lol nope.

The twins, Sooyoung and Sumi, then simultaneously threw their pillows at us
“WHY CANT WE HAVE ONC PEACEFUL MORNING” they whined in unison.

Ah the 23 year old twins. Sooyoung specializes in singing


while Sumi is a dancer along with myself.

Although they act the same, they don’t look identical. Good thing too, I can barely tell the difference between cars.
Suddenly we heard a loud, high pitched, shriek-y scream from the other room. We all looked at each other wide eyed…. Yoona.

Yoona was a princess visual. We all share a bedroom except for her, because she believe that since she is from a prestigious family, she deserves the best. At 23 years old, she acts like a spoiled 5 year old. We don’t mind having her in a separate room anyway. She just makes our lives miserable. Especially mine. She hates me with a passion, and she takes every opportunity and humiliate me or beat down on me. She says I have dirty blood and that I don’t deserve to be in Korea.
Yoona slammed open our door and shrieked
“YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD REASON FOR WAKING ME UP SO EARLY YOU MAGGOT”. ah so its directed at me
“unnie it wasn’t Luna’s fault! We were the one’s shouting!” the twins tried to calm yoona down. But it didn’t work
‘'stop trying to cover up for the worm you idiots. It was her and I know it. Shes the only one here with that noisy Chinese blood.”
I feel like Hermione Granger in Harry Potter. Just because you don’t have the right kind of blood you're inferior.
“Yoona, Luna isn’t loud at all. She's the quietest one here!” Trinity was always the brave one. No one speaks to Yoona without honorifics unless they want their private parts disassembled.
“YAH respect my seniority! Use honorifics you brat! And YOU! don’t you ever wake me up again or youre dead!” she pointed at me vexingly
I didn’t know what to do…alll I did was just sit there biting my lip to make sure no words came out. No matter what I would say, it would only make her angrier.
“Yoona. that’s enough” Hana stepped in, exerting her authority as the leader and eldest. “I don’t understand why you treat Luna so badly, and I've had about enough. This is going to stop right now. She is just as much a part of this team as you are, and you have no right to treat a young girl in such a way. If you can't respect her, consider yourself out of this group.”
Yoona stood there, shocked and silent. She snubbed and her heel, walking out of the room and claiming the bathroom to herself.
Everyone just sighed and got up. Since the princess went to the bathroom, and will surely be in there for another good 20 minutes, we just washed our faces and brushed our teeth in the kitchen sink as always. Then our manager arrived to take us to the SM building for daily training.

Yep that’s right. A few months after I wrote that first diary entry, I attended a dancing competition where a SM scout had been on vacation in ia. He spotted me and asked me to audition. I told him that I couldn’t though, since auditions were in LA and there was no way I would be able to go. He was really nice however. He recorded me on his iphone and sent it straight to the CEO, and I was accepted on the spot. When I told my family, they were skeptical about being an entertainer as a successful lifestyle.
“What if you never debut? Then what will you do for a living?”
“You’ll be stupid, what about school?”
“What if you don’t get any fans?”
But I put my foot down. This is what I want to do and you wont ever stop me. Finally I was off to south Korea, living in a dorm with the 5 nicest girls, and the biggest , that you’ll ever meet.
I smiled as I thought about my breakthrough in the car. Our manager then snapped me out of my thoughts when we arrived at the SM company building, and I stepped out of the van, ready to go train for my brilliant future.