Shock

Dance into Romance

We continued to chat and joke around with each other until Trinity said that she had to do her homework for university.
“Aw man, it’s chemistry.” My ears perked up. Chemistry :) . “Ugh Sorry guys, I’d hate to stop chatting with you for my worst subject, but if I don’t get this done, I’m in big trouble.“
They all understood and offered to help. Unfortunately, neither Yongguk nor Youngjae’s forte was chemistry.
“Oh unnie I’ll help you! I lovvvvveee chemistry! I was in chemathon 3 years straight!” I offered. She grinned and nodded, showing me her worksheet.
“AH I know this you have to uh…bring the….ah………um well….I don’t know how to say these things in Korean….mind if I teach you in English?” She shook her head
Okay then so first you gotta…” I started speaking English on rapid fire, chemistry and scientific terms flying out of my mouth like bullets. I was talking so fast and passionately that not even Trinity, who is fluent in English as well, couldn’t catch everything. I noticed so I went back and explained more intricately but slowly.
“OMG DUDE I GET IT! LUNA YOU LITTLE CHEMISTRY NERD I LOVE YOU!’ She squeezed me into a tight hug until I couldn’t breathe.

When she let me go I looked over at BAP. They were staring at me with jaws dropped to the ground and eyes bulging from their heads.
“You…wow…uh…what..holy cow……..you uh.. Speak good English…” Himchan could barely speak Korean now.
“Good? That’s amazing!” Yongguk was in awe
“Oh Trinity and I are both from America. I’ve lived there my whole life until two years ago” I looked down shyly from all the attention.
“WOW America! I got lost there once…” said Jongup. He looked at me with new admiration. I guess what they told me was true. If you speak English in Korea, people consider you really smart.
“Hehe our Luna here is fluent in English, Korean (mostly), and Taishanese (Cantonese dialect)” Daehyun grinned at the mention of a dialect “she knows conversational Spanish and Mandarin, AND she can read Hebrew!” Ami started to show me off. Dammit Ami you know I hate getting a lot of attention. I just blushed and slowly backed up behind my unnies. BAP was amazined though, but curious to why I knew Chinese and Hebrew.
“Ah..well… I’m not Korean. My mother is from Hong Kong, and dad is..complicated? Aha I normally just say Caucasian because most people don’t think Jewish is a nationality. However, we like to believe it is because of our history. So that’s why I know Hebrew and Chinese”
“OMO SHE’S MIXED! NO WONDER NOONA IS SO PRETTY!” Zelo bursted with excitement. I guess its not everyday you meet a Jewish-Chinese. A Chew. Or a Jasian. Or a Jinese. Or a Wasian lol. Or just  Jew at that matter. I believe Korea I predominantly Christian.  The rest of the boys murmured in agreement. I could feel myself turning pink and they noticed.

“Aww she’s blushing. You’re so cute” Daehyun pinched my cheeks. Of course that just made me blush more and they laughed.
“Hey hands off! I called dibs! Plus I’m the only one her age!” Jongup swatted Daehyun’s hand off me.
I couldn’t help but smile. My crush called dibs on me. Well isn’t this just the best day ever! That earned us a chorus of “ooooooooooooohs~” from the rest of the members, and all of us started to laugh while I awkwardly looked down.

Except for Yoona. She had been ignored the entire time BAP had been here and she had had enough. Yoona got that look on her face. The “Oh my god. You are so dead. I hate you. Time for me to make your life miserable”  face. She was jealous that BAP was interested in me and was paying no attention to her. She pushed her way over to me and shoved me. Hard. Everyone stopped talking and gasped in shock.
“Oh no Luna dear how clumsy of you! I guess I can’t blame you though, you do have that thin weak Chinese blood infecting your body. Not to mention that cheap Jewish blood that nobody wants. Aww I feel bad, you’re just a combination of the worst things!”
I gaped at her. Shoving I could deal with. Public humiliation, I could deal with. But she insulted BOTH of the cultures that my parents gifted me with. My race was the one thing besides dancing that made me special. I loved being Chinese and I loved being Jewish. She will not take that away form me.
“Excuse me? Yoona that’s uncalled for!” I stated calmly. I didn’t want to make a scene, especially with BAP around. They were looking at Yoona in surprise.
“Listen Luna, this is totally called for. Can’t you see what you’re doing to this group? You’re infecting us. Trinity may be from the states, but she is pure Korean. You, on the other hand…what are you? Some dirty mutt placed in a mansion. Your bad bloods don’t mix with each other and you don’t mix with Korea. You don’t deserve to be here. You’re talent less and ugly, so non-Korean looking. I don’t know what these idiots see in you-”
“Yoona please, we have company-” I tried to cut her off to save face, but she wouldn’t let me.
“No let me finish. I don’t care that we have company. They’re Korean. They are pure. They don’t need the likes of you here. Luna, you are worthless. I hate the way you dance, it’s so unlady like. And your ballet is so loose, it looks like you’re boneless. It’s like no matter what you do, you do it wrong. Your singing sounds like a dying cat on helium, and every time I see your face I want to gauge my own eyes out. The way you talk to your mother on the phone is disgusting. Chinese is disgusting. Your Jewish holidays are dumb and the way you celebrate them is dumb. You drag all of our members into celebrating them with you. Then you have the nerve to celebrate Christmas with us when you aren’t even Christian. Don’t taint our holidays please. Our groups will be so much better without you dear, why don’t you just pack up all of your things and get lost? Go home to your filthy poor family in the sad excuse for a country. If you don’t, watch your back. I will come for you, and kill you. “

I didn’t know what to do. Every sound just became blurred buzzing in my head. I just stood there, eyes wide opens and mouth agape. I watched as everything seemed to move in slow-motion: Yoona yelling, the Unnies yelling back at her, even BAP lost their tempers and started to confront her. She had just threatened to kill me…I thought as I forced my legs to move and I slowly walked to the corner of the studio where my bag was laying. I sat with my back to the members and looked down into my hands. Soon, I heard the door slam and saw that Yoona had left the room with the unnies following, all still yelling. Sighing, I stood back up and went over to the boys.
“I’m……I’m sorry……you shouldn’t have seen that…..I……” tears started to fall from my eyes and I tried to blink them away, but that just made more fall. I quickly wiped my eyes, hoping that they didn’t see, but I’m sure they did. Taking a deep breath, I put on a brave face.
“So uh…..we were supposed to give you a tour of the company…but since everyone uhm…left…I’ll do it. If you would follow me….”
BAP looked at me with concern. “You know all those things she said about you…none of them are true” Yongguk said.
“Yeah Luna, I think its cool that you’re made up of so many different cultures. It brings new experiences to everyone around you. I would love to celebrate your holidays with you.” Youngjae added
“I think you dance beautifully” jongup said shyly
“And you really are pretty noona” Zelo squeezed my shoulder.
“ARG!” Himchan turned around and grabbed my shoulders. “How can you live with that?! That…that YOONA! How can you live with such a racist, ignorant, idiot, egotistical she-devil like THAT?! Luna, I admire you greatly for putting up with that. Please, please don’t cry. You deserve so much better than this. Even though we just met, I can tell that you are the exact opposite of everything she said! Dirty blood, she said! I think her blood is dirty, full of venom, if she has the nerve to say such awful things and threaten a young girl’s life. I promise you Luna, we will be your big brothers from here on out. Even Zelo.”
Zelo struck a goofy fighting stance
“…okay maybe not Zelo but we are your Oppas from now on. Right guys?”
All of them nodded wholeheartedly.
“We wont let anything bad happen to you ever again” Daehyun gave you a hug. You were shocked. These boys, whom you just met, are offering to protect you and care for you. Plus you just got a hug from one. Luna’s Interaction with boys has now increased to : 2 hugs from boys who im not related to. Aww yeah.
Jongup went up to me and held my face in his hands, wiping my tears away with his thumbs. My eyes went wide.
“If she EVER says anything like that to you ever again…tell me and I’ll come right over” he whispered.
I nodded and forced a smile, hugging them all. I then grabbed Yongguk by the wrist and dragged them to begin the tour of our building.
"Let's go Oppas"