Week Ten

Pink Champagne

 

Week Ten

“How have you been treating my daughter?” your father asks Seung Hyun sternly, glaring at him while you sigh, glad that the baby bump isn’t noticeable yet.  You plan on telling your parents about your… pregnancy right after the four of you are finished with dinner.  But it seems like it’ll take a while for dinner start since your father enjoys interrogating your husband.

     “Amazing,” Seung Hyun grins.  “She’s still enjoys beating me up though.”

     Your father looks at you, grinning and you smile, nodding your head when you suddenly feel something inside your stomach starting to clench.  Your eyes widen and you cover your mouth, running out of the living room quickly before you reach the bathroom the food you consumed earlier spilling out of your mouth.  Seung Hyun rushes into the bathroom, gasping slightly as he holds your hair back from falling in front of your face.

     You purse your lips embarrassedly, looking at Seung Hyun.  “Ew, that was gross,” you mumble, and he chuckles, helping you stand up before he leads you to the sink.  You wash out your mouth quickly before you turn off the faucet, drying your hands with the towel that Seung Hyun gave you.

     “We should probably tell your parents…”

     You nod your head, following Seung Hyun out of your bathroom and back into the living room where your father is pacing around worriedly while your mother is sitting down on the couch, completely tuned in on her drama.  Once they see you and Seung Hyun appear from the door, they both sigh simultaneously.  “I have something to tell—”

     “You’re pregnant,” your mother interrupts, smiling.  “I already knew.  How come you waited so long to tell me?”

     You frown.  Normally, your mother would be yelling at you for keeping secrets from her, but today, today she’s acting the complete opposite.  “B-because we want it to be a… surprise!” Seung Hyun smiles, nodding his head and you purse your lips, nodding your head as well.

     “Araseo,” your father says, grinning at Seung Hyun.  “I don’t have to kill you today then.”