Chapter 4

Replace you

Sunggyu's eyes widened as he was suddenly pulled into Woohyun's arms. He felt Woohyun tug a hand behind his neck, the other cupping his cheek and tilted his head to make it seemed like a real kiss. Their noses brushed; the only space mere centimetres between them.

 

"Play along," Woohyun whispered softly, his breath tickling Sunggyu's lips and it lingered for a while before Sunggyu could actually make out what was happening. Immediately prying Woohyun's hand off his cheek, he pushed the latter away; Woohyun stumbling backwards and staggered to balance on his own feet.

 

Sunggyu glowered at him, a tint of a quizzical look in his eyes. Woohyun twisted around to look behind himself, scanning the room for what Sunggyu didn't know. His face washed with relief, but as soon as he faced Sunggyu again, guilt took over. Sunggyu's eyes dart around uncertainly, hoping that no one had seen what had just happened. Woohyun's voice brought him back from his trance.

 

"I-I'm sorry," Woohyun said as he approached the older male. Sunggyu whipped his head back to glare at him and Woohyun could only hang his head low. "I can explain," he mumbled quietly, his eyes trailing down patterns on the black tiled floor. Pulling out a hesitant hand, he placed it on Sunggyu's arm and pulled the latter to follow him.

 

Once they were in the bathroom - Sunggyu for his second time that day - Woohyun turned to face him. Sunggyu furrowed his eyebrows, his arms crossing over his chest as if by reflex.

 

"I-I had to. He's there..." Woohyun started unsurely, locking his gaze into Sunggyu's eyes this time. He wanted to at least convince the older that he was telling the truth. Actually, he was trying his best; putting on some aegyo would do, right? However, the glint in his eyes and his somehow pouted lips wasn't working, for Sunggyu still had a face as straight as ever.

 

"I'm sorry Sunggyu- I-"

 

His words stopped midway when the door suddenly opened. Woohyun had the panicked look again and within mere seconds, he had sprinted into one of the cubicles. Sunggyu's eyes followed as he stared disbelievingly at the closed door. A voice startled him, so he spun around to see that Sungyeol was walking towards him.

 

"Hyung! What's taking you so long?" Sungyeol asked, making his way towards the row of sinks to wash his hands.

 

From the corner of his eyes, he could see the cubicle door parted open. Woohyun peeked through it and amazingly both of them had started conversing with their eyes. His eyebrows creased as he shook his head slightly at Woohyun's silent words. He jumped when Sungyeol suddenly turned to him. "Are you okay hyung?"

 

Sunggyu still haven't fully attended the taller male for his attention still tilted back and forth between him and Woohyun. He subconsciously nodded when Woohyun mouthed that he will go out - earning a weirded look from Sungyeol. When Sungyeol attempted to look behind him, Sunggyu let out a loud chuckle, cupping both Sungyeol's cheeks and pressing it hard. "You grew up so well Yeol-ah."

 

Sunggyu mentally kicked himself for saying that.

 

He made sure Woohyun had escaped fully before withdrawing his hands from Sungyeol's cheeks. The latter pouted, rubbing his cheeks with teary eyes and mumbled that his hyung was acting strange.

 

Sunggyu put himself deep in thought: Why had he let Woohyun go?

 

-------

 

 

"So he said that my hair looks good and- Hyung!" Sunggyu jolted when he suddenly bumped into Sungjong who had stopped walking and had turned around to face him. "Were you even listening to me?" he asked, tone filled with annoyance as he tapped a finger on his arm that overlapped the other over his chest.

 

Sunggyu stuttered in response and Sungjong huffed before stomping towards the school cafeteria. Sunggyu jogged to catch up with him and his apology was quickly accepted when he offered a glass of milkshake.

 

When they arrived at the cafeteria, they proceeded to take their drinks. They picked a seat furthest right by the windows. Sungjong awed the scenery outside and playfully knocked other students for missing that spot. Sunggyu chuckled, trying to keep up with the younger's fast utterances.

 

He kept quiet as he sipped his drink. Shifting his gaze from outside, he scanned around the cafeteria and his eyes absently landed on a familiar brown head. He wasn't sure where his state of mind was that instant; he could say that he was still listening to Sungjong, but apparently his brain said otherwise.

 

Sunggyu choked on his drink when Woohyun suddenly turned around. They held their gazes for a few seconds before Sunggyu looked away and locked his eyes to Sungjong instead. The younger sighed for the umpteenth time, and finally sputtered out a question that had been running through his head from the moment he noticed Sunggyu's strayed eyes.

 

"Hyung, are you okay?"

 

Sunggyu talked himself into not letting his eyes wander. He nodded indifferently. However, his body betrayed for he glanced at Woohyun's direction again when he was sure his eyes were completely covered under his fringe. His voice came out scratchy when he excused himself.

 

 

Sungjong tugged on the older's shirt as he followed him down through the hallway.

 

"Hyung! Aren't you going to tell me what's wrong?" he called after him, but Sunggyu only dismissed him by busying himself with rummaging through his bag in his locker. He wasn't even searching for anything in particular.

 

As he turned around, his eyes shifted to a figure behind Sungjong, slowly making his way towards them.

 

"Can we talk?" Woohyun asked as soon as he came. The question was aimed directly at him, his eyes fixed as if Sungjong was invicible.

 

Sunggyu paused. Blood pounding in his ear, his heart pulsating audibly in his head. The deafening silence was quickly replaced by a quiet huff by his side. Sungjong rolled his eyes and started to walk away - his hand unconsciously reached out for the younger's wrist and pulled him back.

 

Sungjong stood by his side, his arm draped lazily over the younger's shoulder. Woohyun's eyes were still fixed - Sunggyu couldn't find himself looking away - his forehead creased as thoughts ran through his head. Yes, you fool! I need an explanation for what you did! Why did you do that? Couldn't you see where you could've led us into? What if anyone saw? Those words lodged in his throat but they wouldn't come out.

 

Sungjong answered instead. Although he was thankful, he couldn't help but think that he didn't really accomplished anything as he let the younger pull him away.

 

-------------------------

 

.

.

.

.

This chapter was short...But at least I gave you all Woogyu!

I promise Myunggyu will be in next chapter :)

Btw, watch Infinite's Paradise 111106.

Seriously, my poor Infinite heart ㅠㅠ

Did you guys notice Sunggyu was the only one who kneeled in Paradise and everyone else did in The Chaser? LOL Gyu's payback ><