Chapter 1 (prologue)

Replace you

"Excuse me sir, I'm sorry but our shop will be closed in five minutes."

 

Sunggyu grunted as he looked up to see who was speaking to him. Slowly, he lifted his head and stretched his arms on the table, accidentally knocking over one of the soju bottles he had that night.

 

"Sir, do you have anyone I can call to pick you up?"

 

Instead of answering him, he dropped to the table once again and mumbled for another glass of soju.

 

"Sir, please get up."

 

The waiter whipped his head to a sudden glint from the side of his eyes. He looked over to the other side of the table, and saw that it was Sunggyu's cell phone. He took the phone and pressed a button on the screen, only to find that the phone was locked.

 

"I need to know the password for your phone, sir."

 

Sunggyu turned to face the waiter with a glare, but the waiter didn't seem to be affected by it. He repeated his question, pointing a finger at Sunggyu's phone in his hand.

 

Sunggyu blinked a few times.

 

"Aah…my password?"

 

The waiter nodded.

 

"I can't tell you!" Sunggyu laughed and dropped onto the table, shaking his head.

 

"Sir, please, you're making my job harder."

 

He groaned, but between his slurred speeches, the waiter had picked out the pin numbers.

 

****

 

 

"Hyung!" Howon called over to him when he spotted Sunggyu sleeping by himself on a bench in front of the bar the waiter had mentioned on the phone.

 

"Hyung, why did you drink again?" he asked, more to himself, as he draped Sunggyu's arm over his shoulders.

 

Howon hailed a taxi and carefully opened the door for his hyung, sitting him in the seat, before running to the other side of the vehicle and sat beside Sunggyu. He looked over to Sunggyu, clasping their hands together and gave it a little pat. His hyung's hands were freezing. He brought their hands close to his lips and blew hot air and rubbed his hands over Sunggyu's to warm him up.

 

"Where to?" the taxi driver asked.

 

*******

 

 

Sunggyu awoke the next morning, feeling sore all over his body. His eyes squinted to the bright light; his surrounding blinding him for a moment. His eyes registered to where he was and found himself in a familiar family restaurant. It had been long since he went there.

 

His gaze fell to a figure that sat slumped over one table beside the window. The bright sunlight shone over him, his features flawless as he slept oh-so-soundly.

 

However, he seemed familiar. It couldn't be him; he looked different.

 

Sunggyu shifted uncomfortably in his seat when the sleeping figure slowly opened his eyes and looked at him. His eyes bore holes deep into his soul and when realization finally struck, Sunggyu stood and immediately approached him.

 

"Howon...” Sunggyu started unsurely, stopping a good feet from the table, "I-Is that you?"

 

Howon rubbed his eyes sleepily, covering his mouth when he let out a small yawn.

 

"Hyung" he said, smiling brightly..

 

"Howon!" Sunggyu quickly took his steps forward and hugged the latter. He wanted to cry but at the same time, he was too happy to do so. "Howon, when did you come back?"

 

Hoya couldn't help but smiled and hugged his hyung back. He ran a hand through the caramel locks and buried his face into the crook of Sunggyu's neck.

 

"You're back Howon-ah, you're back!"

 

Hoya rubbed circles on his back, and then pushed them apart.

 

"When did you come back?" Sunggyu asked again as he took a seat in front of him.

 

"Last night."

 

"Really? Why didn't you give me a call?" Sunggyu asked, pouting like a baby.

 

Hoya laughed and held his hyung's hands in his, "I didn't really have to. I got a call  instead."

 

Sunggyu tilted his head and looked at him confusedly.

 

"You got drunk last night."

 

It hit him. So that was how he got there... Sunggyu blushed and looked down. He took a short glance to his surrounding and smiled, before looking up to Hoya.

 

"What?" Howon asked when Sunggyu stood.

 

Sunggyu took a step forward, slowly approaching to where Howon sat and placed his hands on Howon's shoulders. Leaning in, he captured Howon's lips into a kiss. A kiss filled with passion, masking all the feelings he buried deep for a whole one year when Howon left.

 

-------

 

 

"Howon-ah, how was life in America?"

 

Sunggyu and Hoya were walking along the sandy beach, feeling the cool night breeze that blew softly on their faces and the warm sea water under their feet. It had been so long since they last met each other and tonight, Sunggyu wanted it to be perfect.

 

"It was…okay…"

 

Few minutes of silence, they walked hand in hand.

 

"Really?" Sunggyu asked, carefully choosing the right words.

 

Hoya looked down to his feet and heaved out a loud sigh. Sunggyu looked at him worriedly, but decided to shrug it off when he stayed quiet.

 

"Sunggyu," Howon called, halting his steps and turned to face Sunggyu.

 

Sunggyu nodded encouragingly, his stomach feeling all sort of butterflies when Hoya called him by his name.

 

"I'm sorry…"

 

Sunggyu felt something bad coming; he didn't like the sound of this. He didn't want Howon to continue, so he began to walk again, faster.

 

"Hyung, listen to me!"

 

-------

 

 

Howon stopped abruptly at the front door of Sunggyu's house after he caught up with his hyung. He turned to face Sunggyu, causing the latter to stop.

 

"Did you change the password?" he asked.

 

Sunggyu sighed, looking at him with dull eyes. He pushed pass him and keyed the door lock open himself.

 

"Sunggyu, listen to me," he tried to call again.

 

Sunggyu entered the house and Howon quickly followed after, closing the door behind them.

 

"Sunggyu," Hoya started, wanting to not drag the matter any longer, "I have to go back to America."

 

Sunggyu's whole body was shaking now. He felt Howon's hand, warm and heavy around his arm, and it seemed that he couldn't feel anything else. His heartbeat quickened and his chest felt so tight that he can hardly breathe at that moment.

 

Hoya shook his head, "No, no, Sunggyu, please...don't cry."

 

He pulled Sunggyu into his embrace, but was immediately pushed away.

 

"I hate you."

 

"Sunggyu, please-"

 

"I hate you!"

 

Sunggyu pushed him to the door and ran up the stairs, trying to wipe away the tears that formed, but it was quickly replaced by new ones. He made a mad dash into his bedroom, closing the door with a loud thud and dropped to his bed.

 

 

Tears streamed down Howon's cheeks as he leaned his back on the door. It was his entire fault. Sunggyu was crying because of him. A harsh pang came to his chest when he heard one of Sunggyu's sobs from upstairs.

 

He quickly held onto the doorknob and took a deep breath.

 

He must leave.

 

 

But a painful moan resounded from upstairs, and he couldn't take it anymore.

 

Running up the stairs haphazardly, he ran to Sunggyu's bedroom, knowing and remembering it by heart.

 

In a swift movement, Howon pulled up the sulking hamster from the bed, holding his wrist protectively while the other encircled itself around Sunggyu's neck and crashed their lips together.

 

Their faces were wet from tears, and Howon pulled back, holding both Sunggyu's cheeks to rub his tears away. Leaning in again, he kissed him lovingly; locking his hands in the latter's hair and pulled them closer.

 

Sunggyu didn't protest, his lips without restraint, parted itself to allow his tongue to slither in. Howon's hand went lower down his back, sliding it to his thighs and pulled him up.

 

Sunggyu let out a breathy moan when his back hit his bed and Howon dropped on top of his body, locking their lips again.

 

"Sunggyu, I love you-"

 

He closed his eyes shut, shaking his head as he pushed Howon off him and brought his knees closer to his chest, hugging it as a sob escaped his throat.

 

"Don't...say that." His voice came out low and raspy. Howon felt another sharp pang in his chest, hitting him like thousand of needles; Sunggyu's tears began to fall again as he curled himself further into a ball.

 

Howon could only watch him, pulling the covers higher up to cover his lover's trembling body. He held Sunggyu's hand, and laid on the bed next to him as sleep slowly overtook him.

 

"I'm sorry..."

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------

 

Umm this was just the prologue...so don't worry, there's still much to happen in future chapters.

Thanks for reading<3