I don't want a date!

We aren't meant to be together...right?

 

''What?'' I blurted out in shock. ''Going on a date with Kris?''
Ha. Kris Wu. Kris Wu. Kris Wu. Repeating his name in my head, I tried to believe this was reality. Out of all the guys on earth, it had to be Kris? It was not that I had anything against him. We had been best friends as kids but gradually drifted apart when he decided he wanted to hang out with the cool kids more than his childhood best friend. I had been hurt about it but I would never admit it in front of Kris. We still chatted once in a while since our parents were business partners and best friends but we never got back to being best friends.
 
Kris Wu was the last person I would have romantic attractions to, crashing our parents' dreams of us getting married. They knew it themselves that this was impossible, with Kris being attached to Luna but I knew they somehow still held onto the thought that one day we'd just wake up, find out that we are desperately in love with each other and beg them to allow us to marry and of course, they'd say yes. Never. That will never happen. I promise you. 
 
''But Mum... isn't Kris with Luna?'' I said, remembering. '' Well, Aunty Rose told me they're having a fight so you should quickly grab the chance , I'm sure Kris will finally come round and see the beauty in you.'' Mum replied, giving me a wink. ''Gosh Mum, you say it like I'm the one that's desperate for Kris.'' I exclaimed, rolling my eyes. ''Well, you know what? I'm sick and tired of you trying to set me up with Kris, I'm so not going." "No, young lady, none of your excuses, if you miss this date, I won't allow you to go for that art convention in Europe." Mum replied, her tone fierce this time. " But Mum..'' "No 'buts' " Mum interrupted immediately before walking away, leaving me without any more chances to persuade her. Urgh. Mum knows how important that convention is to me. I can't believe she's doing this just for a date. I mean helping out in the company I can understand but a date? That's just ridiculous. What does my parents see in Kris anyway? Now I'm stuck going to a date that will only waste my time away. This is just so so great.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 


"Honey, come here! Let Mum choose a dress for you, I want you to look your best for this date," Mum said, beckoning me over to my wardrobe. "Okay," I mumbled in response, slowly getting off the couch and dragging myself towards the wardrobe. However, inside I was so irritated. Stop! Stop making such a big fuss over this date! It's not like this date would even bring us anywhere. I hated the idea of wasting precious time when I could be in my room, painting. Still, I plastered a fake smile on my face and played along with Mum, I didn't want to risk missing the art convention.
 
After three hours of getting ready and listening to Mum's continuous nagging, it was finally time for the date. I looked at myself in the mirror, with my hair curled and my make-up done, don in a cute blue mini dress with frills at the bottom, I had to admit I actually looked really good. Such a waste, if I didn't have to go for this date, I could actually go out with my friends while looking this good and maybe even meet some new people. Who knows maybe I'll even find myself an actual boyfriend... Omigod, that's right! If I get a boyfriend, Mum will finally get off my back, but how do I get a boyfriend so quickly? Matchmaking? Ewww, I don't believe in that stuff.
 
My train of thoughts were interrupted by my mother's voice. "Yura, it's time to leave! The car's ready,don't want you being late, okay?" Mum yelled from downstairs. " Coming, Mum" I yelled back as I moved down the stairs. " Good luck, Yura. All the best for your happiness! Hwaiting!" Mum said just before I left the house. I briefly nodded before leaving the house. Shaking my head, I shuddered at Mum's cheesiness. Well, it's one whole afternoon down the drain, how awesome is that.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Miss, we're here." Mr Jang the chauffeur said. I woke up from my nap and looked out the window. The car had pulled up in front of the lobby of the Wu Country Club, the best country club in Korea, also owned by Kris' parents, Uncle Jim and Aunty Rose. "Thanks, Mr Jang," I told him. I pushed open the door of the car and stepped out. 

BEEP BEEP BEEP.
Kris: meet me at the cafe.

Even Kris is going along with this, Aunt Rose must have pulled out a triumph card which is hard to believe given how nice Aunt Rose actually is. Wow, our parents really are delusional when it comes to us dating. Having spent most of my childhood here, I knew this place inside out. I strolled slowly to the cafe. Who cares if Kris has to wait.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My first chapter! Yay:D Okay,sorry if it isn't up to standard,I'm not very experienced. Anyways, I would be happy to hear from you and try to improve so please do comment okay? 
 
Here's some Kris for all the Kris lovers:D

image