Inquisitive Baekhyun

Why Kris Has That Bi tch-face.

 

“I think I need to go to the bathroom,” Kris blankly says while standing up abruptly. A hand flies out to grab Kris and Baekhyun scrambles to his feet to try and stop his friend. Kris hastily makes his way to the door but Baekhyun dives in front of him.

“No, wait, why!?” he exclaims, slamming the door shut. He makes sure that all possible escape routes were blocked off before turning his attention back to the other male. Waving Kris back onto the floor, Baekhyun glares at him. “I don’t know what’s your problem, hyung, all I did was ask you a simple question.”

“It’s nothing,” Kris brushes him off. But at the moment, deep inside Kris is a tornado of emotions and he doesn’t know how to react to Baekhyun’s odd question. His ‘problem’ was that the other asked him about Chanyeol. Chanyeol. Does he know? What does he know? What does he think? What does he suspect? What should I do? How should I react? Kris wants to hide everything away and lock it in his gut forever because he will not let Baekhyun think something was wrong with him and Chanyeol.

“Really---“

“Yeah,” Kris interrupts nervously. “It’s nothing, nothing. Nothing is wrong but I just need to go pee right now.” He jumps back and forth on the balls of his feet and smiles, which probably resembled the mouth of a jack-o-lantern. He grabs for the doorknob but Baekhyun literally tackles him.

“The ---!”

“Sorry, hyung,” Baekhyun grunts, positioning himself on top of Kris and trying to not make it feel or look wrong, “but I want you to answer my question. I already forgave you anyway.”

“Is it necessary you have to be on me like this? You are heavier than you think.” Baekhyun pouts but does not move, which irritates Kris even more. Kris’ eyes widen when Baekhyun traps his legs between his and pins his arms over his head.

“I want to know,” he says firmly.

Kris is too surprised to speak.

“Was. It. Because of. Chanyeol?”

Kris hesitates for a split-second. “No!” But unfortunately for him Baekhyun has the ears of a bat.

“You hesitated! So it is!” Baekhyun relaxes his grip on Kris’ arms and smiles. “And why?”

Kris has a mini-panic attack. Kris knew this would happen. But he didn’t think it would happen so soon. No one was supposed to know. No one! He won’t let anyone be skeptical about this. Kris doesn’t plan for Baekhyun to find out at all, so he might as well play the stupid card.

“Why what?”

“Why were you so mad at Chanyeol?” Baekhyun prods.

“I wasn’t mad.”

“So why did you yell at us? Or rather me…”

“I was having a bad day.”

“Isn’t everyone?”

A sigh. “I don’t know how to respond to that.”

“Just tell me why,” he insists.

“I told you, I was having a bad day.”

“Kris, don’t lie. You’re lying. Stop it,” Baekhyun spats. Kris stares into the other’s slim eyes and notices how it glistens slightly against the light. His face was contorted into a confused frown, with his lips curving downwards in an almost u-shape. His voice almost seemed… mad. Confused, maybe. Kris hasn’t ever heard the other boy be this desperate before, and it shocks Kris. Baekhyun was a happy go lucky person, and he never really got mad. Maybe for five minutes and then he’d give you a hug, but… this was a new side of Baekhyun that Kris has yet to experience.  He almost considers leading the boy on, but he was absolutely right. Kris was lying, wasn’t he? And Kris never, ever lies to himself. Even he was surprised with himself; he didn’t even realize it. Baekhyun’s eyes flicker and he rolls off of Kris.

“Wait, Baekhyun…”

“What, hyung?” The pout is almost visible in Baekhyun’s voice. Kris emits a heavy and irritated sigh. He stands up and brushes off the invisible lint off his jeans and lets his eyes wander around the room. Unmade bed. Tissues on the floor. Overflowing wastebasket. Photos. Happy photos.

“Okay, I’ll tell you a little something,” Kris snaps, furrowing his eyebrows. Baekhyun looks a little too eager, but Kris ignores it and leans in closer to the boy’s face.

“What is it?” he asks. Kris can smell the mint in his breath and shudders.

“It is related to Chanyeol is some way.”

“Oh! Really?! How?” Baekhyun quickly says, leaning in a bit too far for Kris’ liking.

“Personal. Space.” Kris says, pushing his friend’s face away with his hands.

“Oh, sorry.” Kris stands up and heads for the door.

“Anyways, I won’t say anymore. So yeah. Ciao.”

“But wait!” Baekhyun hops to his feet and runs after his hyung, but Kris has already shut the door. Baekhyun pouts to himself, but then grins maniacally. “Okay, Kris… I’ll find out what you have with Channie~!” 

 

 

 

 


a/n: most of you guys are the quietest people EVER. Now I see why some authors despise silent readers. (but of course I don't despise or hate anyone xD)

quick update.. not too good but good enough. XD