Memories

Why Kris Has That Bi tch-face.

 

Sometimes Kris’ mind wanders and drifts back to the very past. He always recalls memories of him prior to debuting in EXO and the harsh schedule he endured during his trainee days (but he thinks it was worth it, mostly) and the tough times he shared with his fellow members. Not only was it worth the effort (because look at where he stands today), it was exhilarating and interesting. He tends to relish and reminiscence the more precious memories he shared with EXO, like the times they played sports together and not just the times they practiced. They were a fun, down to earth group of guys and he wishes they’d open up and show more of their personality and true sides during the many interviews they had to sit through. They were all fun, not at all boring.

Especially Chanyeol.

Chanyeol was interesting, alright. Chanyeol is Chanyeol, so Kris was extremely weirded out by his behavior at first. Chanyeol was so… hyper. And he was so… happy. Kris wasn’t saying he disliked happy people and was a total pessimist but, his Channie was just too abnormally bubbly happy. It was like he were one of those awkward kids that few people would sit with (Kris isn’t trying to be mean here, but Kris was one of those pimps during his time in high school and that’s just how Chanyeol seemed to him).

But this was only at first.

Kris recalls the time he and Chanyeol went ding dong ditching.

How Chanyeol dragged him into doing that, he will never know. He could’ve embarrassed or shamed the SM name, and get in trouble for disturbing the neighborhood peace. He could’ve been dropped from SM. Kris could clearly imagine fans saying, “I remember the time Kris and Chanyeol rang my doorbell and ran away…” There could be something to regret. It was dumb. It was stupid. It was pointless.

 

“It is funny,” Chanyeol points out.  

“It is inconsiderate and immature.”

“I would be lying if I disagreed, but live a little. You’re so uptight. What harm would it do? You need to chillax.”

“I am chillax!” Kris quickly says, crossing his arms and pouting a little. The other male mimics him and sticks out his tongue in the process.

“Aww, you can be SO cute sometimes, hyung. You’re making me feel all tingly inside.”

“Shut up,” Kris hisses, uncrossing his arms almost immediately. He tries glaring holes into Chanyeol but Chanyeol seems completely unfazed.

“And of course you’re so chillax, too.”

 

Kris was pretty sure that was all it took for him to tag along in Chanyeol’s little adventure. (Kris hates it when people make fun of him. Plus, Kris wants to prove to the other that he was indeed quite “chillax”).

“You see anything?” Chanyeol asks, peering out through the leaves of a bush they were currently squatting next to. He uses his hands to swipe away most of the plant, almost like the way someone would shove a curtain aside. Kris was directly to Chanyeol’s left.

“No,” Kris mumbles, fidgeting with his long fingers. With a nod, Chanyeol stands up and offers a hand to him. He accepts, and Chanyeol begins to state the directions.

“It’s not hard or scary; ring the doorbell and run.”

“If that’s it then why do I keep thinking we’d get caught?”

Chanyeol snorts. “Stop being such a worrywart and go. I’ll be here, probably.”

“Probably!?” Kris hisses, throwing a scowl back at his friend as he proceeds (slowly) to the door of the victim. Kris’ heart is pounding considerably fast and Kris hates to say that he was a bit frightened. Kris was a good person; he didn’t like messing with others.  So he finds himself trudging slowly until he swears he hears Chanyeol telling him to “hurry the hell up” which causes him to quicken his stride. He raises a finger to the hardness of the doorbell and flashes his eyes back towards Chanyeol.

Good luck!” Chanyeol hisses loudly, jamming his thumbs upwards and grinning.

God, Kris shouldn’t be shaking as much as he was right now but he really didn’t want to do this. I admit it… I’m a goody goody two-shoes…! He inwardly wails. And so, Kris quickly presses the doorbell and sprints towards the bush from across the streets.

“Move!” he grunts, diving right besides Chanyeol. Chanyeol shushes him and bats Kris away from him and then hurriedly says,

“I think someone’s coming!” Kris shoves his face next to the other’s and stares. Indeed, someone comes out and glances around, unsure of who rung their doorbell. It was an elderly man, short and stocky, with few hairs and dark spots atop his thinning head.

“Is my hearing that bad?” they hear the man say confusedly, before clicking the door closed.

The pair sits in silence.

And they suddenly erupt into laughter two seconds after.

“Crazy old coot!” Chanyeol shouts and offers Kris a high-five which he gladly accepts.

“Crap, I almost felt bad since it was an old dude but…”

“But nothing!”

They high-five once more and Kris swears he sees tears coming out of Chanyeol’s eyes.

“Why are you crying already? We still have all these houses on the block left,” Kris devilishly grins. Chanyeol returns the grin with an equally creepy smile and nods his head in approval.

“Yes, yes we do,” he says, swiftly brushing off the grass on his jeans.

 

Kris also remembers the look of disappointment on Suho’s face when he had admitted what he’d done all day.

 

 

 

 


a/n: woo, another update. :O 

The story will get more intersting in the next 1 or 2 chapters, I swear. XD I just want you guys to know how much he likes Chanyeol sdlfjsldkgj XD 

Thanks for subscribing and the comments!<3

(and if you see anything strange/errors... I didn't go through this very well. XD)