☾ 2 ☽

Once in a Blue Moon
"Do you have a sweet dream?" the girl asks Junhyung with a sweet smile. She tilts her head and looks at the guy who looks back at her with disbelief, still wondering if he is still dreaming.
 
She straightens her body and tucks her hair behind her ear, looking at Junhyung with amusement, "You must be really tired if you could fall asleep here."
 
The girl hops down from the table and walks to the window. She opens the window and takes a deep breath of the night breeze. She looks at the night sky, "The moon is so beautiful, isn't it?"
 
Junhyung still keeps silence. He never takes his eyes off of her. He slaps himself mentally because he still has no idea whether if he is already awake or not.
 
She looks exactly like the girl in his dream except that the one who stands in front of him doesn't wear the white dress. The long black hair, the smile, the rose pendant.
 
Everything about her.
 
His heart beats faster by every second passes. Her soft voice echoes in his mind and it's like his brain has freezed just by looking at her without saying a word.
 
"Who...," Junhyung finally finds his voice back. He clears his throat, still locking his gaze on her. "Who are you?"
 
The young lady turns to him with a smile that makes Junhyung feel in heaven. She answers his question simply, "Me? I'm your fan."
 
Junhyung blinks with surprise on his face. In return she chuckles, giving her best eye smile, "You're Yong Junhyung, aren't you? No one in this university never heard of you."
 
"Your book is a best seller. The way you write the story... It's like you experienced the sweet love story by yourself," she comments casually. "How can I not fall in love with your writings?"
 
She is not the first person who gave Junhyung a compliment about his published book but she is surely the first one who could make him speechless just by a single compliment.
 
"I saw you sleeping and I thought it would be lonely if you woke up and saw no one," she tells him the reason why she stopped by just to wait for him to open his eyes. "I guess I can take my leave now."
 
She nods slightly and heads to the door. However Junhyung's instinct works faster than his brain. He doesn't have any intention to let her walk before he finds out who her name is.
 
"Wait!" he stops her, grabbing her wrist carefully. She immediately stops and looks at him with innocent gaze. "I..."
 
Just like what he felt in his dream; he has so many questions in mind but it feels like the words don't want to leave his lips.
 
They end up standing there, looking at each other in silence.
 
"You look familiar...," the girl touches his cheek. Junhyung flinches a little because of the sudden contact of their skins. "I wonder if we actually knew each other..."
 
Slowly Junhyung takes her hand with his. He lets go of her wrist and cups her cheek. His other hand still holds hers and his eyes move from her eyes to her lips.
 
Something about her makes him feel unordinary.
 
Junhyung feels lonely when he looks at her yet he doesn't want to let her go. He doesn't know why he feels that way but all he knows that he can't let her go now.
 
"Kumi?"
 
He unconsciously lets go of her hand and takes a step backward. He looks up to see a guy in white shirt at the door, looking back at him with gloomy expression.
 
"Gikwang-ie," the girl calls out the name. Her smile stays as Gikwang approaches her. "I just met my favorite author. My dream came true!"
 
Junhyung has a feeling that Gikwang actually doesn't like his presence at all. Gikwang gives him a glance without smile, "I see..."
 
"Let's go home now," Kumi says to Gikwang. She turns to Junhyung and smiles again, "I'll see you again then, Junhyung."
 
"Ah, wa-" Junhyung wants to stop her from leaving without saying a word to her but Gikwang stops him. Kumi walks out from the class room, leaving both of them in awkward silence.
 
"Don't," Gikwang warns him with serious expression. "Just... Just stay in your world."
 
Junhyung feels like someone just stabbed him with a knife. It hurts though he keeps telling himself that he doesn't even know who Gikwang is for Kumi.
 
All he wants is to know Kumi a little bit better.
 
"Do I know her?" Junhyung's question sounds ridiculous even for himself but that's what he asks to Gikwang.
 
Gikwang stops his steps when his hand is holding the door handle. Without looking back at Junhyung, he gives his answer.
 
"Tell yourself that you don't."