☾ 1 ☽

Once in a Blue Moon
"Have you ever dreamt of someone and woke up just to realize that it's just a dream?
 
Have you ever tried to sleep again so you could see the person again in your dream?
 
Have you ever thought that dream was better than the reality because you couldn't have that someone in real life?"
 

He stops writing and stares at his own handwriting for seconds before heaving a sigh. He rips the paper from the notebook and crumples it with frustration.
 
"What am I trying to do?" the guy throws the paper into the trash bin. He messes his own hair and rests his head on table lazily. "Wake up, Yong Junhyung. You can't dream forever."
 
"Of course you can't," his friend hits his shoulder playfully, grinning ear to ear playfully. He sits on the table next to Junhyung's. "The class is over today. Let's go home."
 
Junhyung doesn't bother to straighten his body. Instead he closes his eyes and murmurs, "Go back first if you want, Doojoon. I still want to search for some inspiration."
 
His friend folds his arms and comments, "Don't get into your imaginary world too often, Junhyung. I know you're trying to live on your reputation but-"
 
"I know what I'm doing. Thank you," Junhyung cuts off his words, still trying to sleep with closed eyes. "I'm all good."
 
Doojoon opens up his mouth to say something again but he knows that it's useless. He grabs his bag and bids his goodbye to Junhyung, telling him that he will be at soccer club if Junhyung looks for him.
 
Meanwhile Junhyung tries to make himself comfortable. He takes a deep breath, hoping he will have the dream again so he can continue his writing.
 
In minutes he loses his consciousness, walking in his dream, the line between his senses and deep slumber of sleep.
 
He is in the middle of somewhere. Everything is white but when he looks up, there is a blue moon. It's so beautiful but Junhyung is looking somewhere else, searching for someone.
 
"Are you here?" he shouts loudly, waiting for an answer that never echoes. He knows it's just a dream but he can't help but to feel anxious to see the person.
 
His lips turn into a curve when he notices someone is standing metres away from him. She is in her white dress, looking at him with a warm smile that he always loves to see.
 
Her long black hair almost reaches her waist and she has a necklace with rose pendant around her neck. Her beauty shines under the moonlight.
 
Junhyung runs to her but there is no sign that he is getting closer to her. He stops, trying to catch his breath but the girl is still far from him; it's like he doesn't move at all from his stand.
 
He wants to ask a question to her. He wants to know who she is but the question never leaves his lips as if he is not allowed to ask her.
 
The girl's smile disappears and Junhyung realizes that she is trying to say something but he can't hear a word.
 
That's when he suddenly wakes up from his sleep.
 
Junhyung opens his eyes slowly and sees that the sky is dark already. He has fallen asleep for almost two hours even thought it felt like a flash in his dream.
 
He wonders why he woke up all of a sudden, right when he wanted to figure out what the girl was trying to say to him. Junhyung curses under his breath as he straightens his body just to receive a surprise.
 
"You're awake," a soft voice greets him.
 
A girl with long black hair is sitting on the table right in front of Junhyung. A smile is formed on her face as the moonlight shines on her through the window.
 
She bends down a little and Junhyung can see her necklace with a rose pendant, circling around her neck, as she asks him a simple question that makes his heart skip a beat.
 
"Do you have a sweet dream?"