☾ 6 ☽

Once in a Blue Moon
"Do you remember me now, Junhyung?" she asks him with no expression. She bends on her knees and reaches out her hand, "Remember me."
 
Junhyung takes her hand and the blood disappears all of a sudden. He is there once again, standing on the white ground with bare feet. His clothes are clean as if nothing happened.
 
The girl pulls her hand back and turns around, walking away from Junhyung. He follows her but no word comes out from him. Even though he wants to ask her, to thank her, to tell her to stop, he can't say anything.
 
Should he remember her? That's the question in Junhyung's mind. Who is she for him?
 
"I'm sorry," the lady apologizes without stopping her steps. "I know you don't want this to happen. Neither do I."
 
Before he could ask what she is talking about, everything around him changes. He is now standing on a bridge with his brown jacket and dark jeans. He is holding paper with his own handwritings.
 
"Don't," a voice calls him and he looks up to see Kumi in casual clothes. Her warm smile makes his heart to skip a beat. "Do what you love. Isn't that what we want to do in our lives?"
 
She takes the paper from him and reads it through, "Is this your own writing?"
 
Junhyung keeps silence but the girl doesn't feel offended. Instead she chuckles and says to him, "If you become a writer one day, I promise I will be your number one fan."
 
"By the way, my name is Kumi," she extends her hand to offer a handshake. "Nice to meet you."
 
He reaches out his hand to take her hand but everything disappears again and now he is standing alone in the middle of the night. The night sky is not as beautiful like how Junhyung always saw in his dream though.
 
"What happened?" he grabs his hair, trying to figure out what is happening. "Even if it's just a dream... What's wrong with me?"
 
"Congratulations!" someone greets him. He turns and faces Kumi again. Her smile is brighter than before and she has a bouquet of flower in her hands. "You finally published your book!"
 
Since Junhyung doesn't reply her, she gasps cutely, "Ah, it's weird to give a man flowers, right? I'm sorry, I shoul-"
 
Junhyung hugs her tight, burying his face on her hair. For the first time in his dream, he can hug her and feel her warmth. He doesn't want to let her go even for a second.
 
"Thanks to you," he speaks the words. It feels strange because he doesn't want to say those. "I would never be here if it's not because of you."
 
She returns his hug and mutters happily, "I just do what I can do for you as number one fan. I'm proud of you, Junhyung!"
 
He breaks the hug and cups her face, "Just as number one fan, Kumi?"
 
She blinks in confusion but she blushes real hard when Junhyung kisses her forehead and whispers, "I want you more than just a fan..."

"But-" Kumi wants to answer him but Junhyung cuts off her words.

"Don't go. Stay with me," he speaks his request. Kumi's eyes are clouded by tears and Junhyung wipes her tears, leaning closer to kiss her forehead, "If this is only a fiction, I'll live with it."


Once again, without any warning, Kumi disappears but the one with white dress reappears in front of him. Everything returns to white again.
 
"You still don't remember..," she murmurs sadly. She looks at different direction and Junhyung looks at where her gaze lands, still feeling confused with what is happening.
 
There Kumi is, sitting on the grass. She is looking at the full moon with a lonely smile. Gikwang stands next to her, clenching his fists tight as if he is holding something inside with all his might.
 
"He will not come, Kumi," Gikwang speaks out loud. He kneels down and takes her hands, "He's all about sweet lies. Let's go back and forget him, Kumi."
 
"But I love him," Kumi answers simply, shoving away Gikwang's hands. "I'll wait until he comes. It's our first monthsarry. He said we will celebrate every month here."
 
"Why?" Gikwang drops his gaze, biting his bottom lip with anger. "Why should you love him so much? Why should you hurt yourself like this, Kumi?"
 
Kumi only gives him a smile with closed eyes, "Because I love him."
 
"Do you remember now?"
 
Junhyung blinks and both Gikwang and Kumi disappear, leaving Junhyung with the girl in white dress alone again. His heart beats faster by every second passes.
 
Because he finally remembers.
 
"Fiction in Fact... It's our story."