☾ 4 ☽

Once in a Blue Moon
The blue moon is hanging on the night sky. The stars are shining brightly and there is no cloud at all. The view is too beautiful that everyone can possibly recognize it's too good to be true.
 
Junhyung knows that he is in a dream again.
 
Everything is white.
 
He looks at his own hands and realize that he is wearing long sleeved white shirt. He also wears white pants and his bare feet touch the ground.
 
As usual he feels that someone is looking at him. Junhyung finds the girl who looks exactly like Kumi, standing metres away from him. She is in her white dress and Junhyung can see the rose pendant.
 
"Ku-" he wants to call the name but he stops when a tear rolls down on the girl's cheek; she cries.
 
There is no smile on her face. She looks sad and lonely. Junhyung has the urge to hug her, comforting her by every way he can possibly do.
 
He tries to approach her but, like what always happens, he can't reach her. No matter how hard he tries to run, to get closer to her, it feels like he doesn't move even for an inch.
 
The girl buries her face on her hands, covering her face from Junhyung's sight. She sobs, crying so hard that Junhyung feels heartache just by seeing her.
 
"It hurts..."
 
The girl speaks something for the first time in Junhyung's dream. She doesn't stop crying but Junhyung can hear her voice vividly.
 
It's like she is speaking to him in his mind.
 
"Why should we meet?" her voice echoes. "Why should you hurt me? Why?"
 
His heart breaks into pieces when he hears her question. He doesn't know why she said that. He doesn't know why she is crying. He doesn't know anything.
 
Junhyung wants to tell her that he doesn't want her to cry anymore. He wants to hug her, kiss her tears away, and stay with her until the end of time.
 
"Jun..." a male's voice gets him somehow. He feels that someone is shaking him. "Junhyung... Yong Jun... Yong Junhyung, wake up!"
 
He opens his eyes in instance, gaining his consciousness back. He looks around and finds Doojoon is looking at him with concern, "Are you alright?"
 
Junhyung just realizes that he fell asleep when he is on their way to college. Because of the sudden awakening, he feels dizzy and his mood changes immediately.
 
"You should stop," Doojoon tells him. "Return to your real world, Junhyung. Stop dreaming."
 
"Dream is the only place I can be with her...," Junhyung retorts, clenching his fists to fight the headache. "We can be together..."
 
Doojoon chooses to keep silence and none of them says another word until they arrive at the last bus stop. One by one of the passengers leave the bus, heading to their classes.
 
Junhyung stops his steps when he notices Kumi just walks pass him. He stands still for seconds before he approaches her, ignoring Doojoon.
 
"Kumi!" he grabs her wrist to stop her. She stops and turn around to face Junhyung with surprise on her face.
 
His eyes widen in shock when he sees her eyes are swollen. It's obvious that she cried all the night with those eyes. She looks tired but, nonetheless, Kumi greets him with a smile, "Ah, Junhyung."
 
"What happened?" Junhyung lets go of her wrist and touches her cheek, feeling the warmth. "Did you cry? Did someone... hurt you?"
 
She shakes her head with a sad smile, "No. No one can hurt me except-"
 
Junhyung doesn't manage to hear her continuation. Gikwang interrupts their conversation, standing between him and Kumi. He pulls Kumi into a hug, not letting Kumi to look at Junhyung.
 
He gives Junhyung a deadly glare as he hisses coldly, "I've told you. Stay in your world."
 
"What if she is my world?" Junhyung retorts, doesn't want to back off this time. "I see her every time I dream. I need her in my world. I-"
 
"Once you let go, you can't have it back," Gikwang cuts off his words. "You can't have her, Junhyung."
 
"Why?"
 
That's the only word he can say to Gikwang and the answer actually stabs his heart.
 
"Because she is not in your world."