☾ 5 ☽

Once in a Blue Moon
"My world...," Junhyung murmurs to no one, gazing at the blue sky. He doesn't really like the sky because he prefers the night sky when he can see the moon.
 
He is laying down on the rooftop, letting the time passes while he tries to sleep so he can dream again. He feels tired to face the fact that Gikwang actually doesn't want him to get anywhere near Kumi.
 
Despite the fact that he knows that perhaps he just knew Kumi, he wants to know if it's really her who appears in his dream. On top of all, he wants to know why she cried.
 
"Kumi...," Junhyung reaches out his hand as if he wants to grab the cloud. That's when someone clouds his sight from the sun.
 
"Junhyung?" Kumi calls his name and a smile is formed on her lips.
 
He immediately sits up and looks at Kumi. He wonders if he is dreaming right now. He starts to be confused with the reality and dream.
 
The girl chuckles, taking a seat next to Junhyung, "Did I just disturb your time?"
 
He shakes his head quickly and, when he looks back at her, their eyes meet. He feels like that his lips is locked by invisible lock; he is speechless.
 
"Are you looking for inspiration here?" Kumi starts off the conversation first, still not looking away from Junhyung. "Can I believe that you're preparing for your second book?"
 
Junhyung doesn't answer her question right away. A part of him wants to answer that he wants her to stay or he will never complete anything. In fact he never feels complete anymore since the dream started.
 
However he knows that it will sound crazy if he asks her like that. They don't even know each other, he tells himself.

 
"Then he said to her, 'Don't go. Stay with me.'
 
She looked at him with teary eyes. Her loved one wiped away the tears and kissed her forehead lovingly, 'If this is only a fiction, I'll live with it.'
 
'What if this is not real?' she asked him, embracing the hand that cupped her face. 'What if this is just a fiction for us?'
 
'Then let's live in the fiction. Until the day fiction in fact comes true.'"

 
Kumi stops and gives him a warm smile, "That's the last paragraph of your story. I really love that part."
 
Junhyung is amused that she remembers the last part exactly but it's not what makes him feel uneasy. When she repeated the sentence, he feels deja vu.
 
"Kumi," he touches her cheek gently, making sure that it's not a dream. "Do you... Do you love me?"
 
That is the craziest question ever, Junhyung curses himself but the question just came out from his lips without thinking.
 
And for his surprise, Kumi actually answers him calmly, "Loving someone is never this hard..."
 
"...if only it's not you."
 
He knows that he should feel happy with her answer; it means that she does love him. He doesn't really care if she only loves him as a fan or else.
 
She loves him and that's all what matter.
 
"I...," Junhyung leans closer to her and their faces are only inches away now. "I love you too..."
 
When his lips brushes with hers, he closes his eyes to feel the kiss.
 
It doesn't last long.
 
When he feels like their lips have met, he opens his eyes just to find that he is in the middle of nowhere. The blue moon is shining and he knows where he is.
 
He is in a dream.
 
Junhyung doesn't understand why he is in a dream now. He is pretty sure that he's very much awake when he wanted to kiss Kumi. He doesn't even have the urge to sleep.
 
He turns around, trying to find the girl in his dream. He doesn't care if it's really Kumi or not in his dream.
 
Junhyung wants to be with her even if it's just in a dream.
 
His face beams when he sees the girl, standing close yet so far from him. For his surprise, the girl points her index finger to him, as if she is trying to tell him something.
 
He frowns with confusion. He looks at his own hands and he feels like his heart stops beating for a second when he realizes that he's not all white anymore.
 
His white shirt is stained with red blood. His hands are covered with blood and he is standing on pool of blood.
 
Slowly but sure the blood him, pulling him inside. He tries to struggle and escape but it's futile attempt.
 
"No!" he shouts in horror. He is drown till his chest already and fear overwhelms him. "No! No! No!"
 
He hears footsteps and when he opens his eyes to ask for help, Kumi is standing in front of him, right at the edge of the pool of blood.
 
There is no smile on her face. She looks like a dool who looks at Junhyung with no expression. Junhyung was going to beg her so she will help him but her next words become his nightmare.
 
"Do you remember me now, Junhyung?"