☾ 9 ☽

Once in a Blue Moon
"It feels lonely, to wake up and realize that you're all alone.
 
Are you doing good there, Kumi?
It's been a week since you're gone and I can barely sleep every night.
 
My sleep is restless because I really wish I can see you.
How I wish that the reality is a dream and my dream becomes a reality?
 
I want to dream again.
Because in the dream, we're together.
Is that even possible now?
 
Whenever I look up at the night sky and see the stars, I wonder if you are looking at the same moon like now.
Are we even in the same world?
 
Can I see you again?"

 
Junhyung stops typing and closes his laptop. He rests his head on the pillow, closing his eyes to give his brain a break.
 
A week has passed and the doctor let him to have a laptop to accompany his days in the hospital. It would be lonely, Doojoon reasoned, so he brought it for Junhyung.
 
He never saw Gikwang since that day. Kumi's parents never came to visit him as well and he could understand it. He actually wants to be alone nowadays.
 
"I'm tired...," he murmurs to no one, letting himself to fall into deep slumber. "Really tired..."
 
"You shouldn't say that."
 
The soft voice makes Junhyung to open his eyes immediately. He is laying down on the grass, under the night sky with blue moon hanging there. He looks at the other side and Kumi is sitting next to him.
 
She is wearing a beautiful white dress and a bright smile decorates her face, "How are you doing, Junhyung?"
 
"Tell me that it's not a dream...," Junhyung sits up and touches her face, "...that you're here with me."
 
Kumi chuckles and answers honestly, "Unfortunately, it is just a dream."
 
His heart clenches when he hears the answer but he knows that it's impossible if it's a reality.
 
Kumi is gone forever.
 
"You should hate me," he cups her cheek, looking at her with regret. "Why, Kumi? Why do you still give me your love until your end?"
 
"Because you came," she tells him the reason. "When I was going to jump, you came and tried to save me. Isn't it enough as the reason to think that I was still someone special for you?"
 
"I never regret my love for you, Junhyung. Not even for once," she kneels so she can kiss Junhyung's forehead. "As long as you're happy, I will never regret anything."
 
Junhyung cries, knowing that he has let go of the pure heart who loved him like he is her only world.
 
He looks up and cups her face, bringing her lips closer to his for a kiss.
 
"Let me have you...," he whispers, "even if it's just in my dream."

Kumi returns his kiss, smiling between the gentle kiss.
 
"Once in a blue moon, we'll meet again."