Chapter 2

push and pull..?

Eunhyuk pov

I inhale a breath and loosen my muscle. Feel the rhythm of music, and I move my body harmonically with the beat.

Dance is the best way to release stress for me. I can dance for hours and not realized the time. And then I hear some foot steps coming to this practice room, and then I heard the door opened. “Hyuk-ah, you’re here!” I hear Shindong hyung talk to me.

“Yeah, hyung. I need to practice some choreo before the other come. You’re here early too hyung. What’s the matter?”

“Nothing. Same as you. I need to practice too, hhe. Are join the dance competition that will be held this end of month?”

I nod. “That’s why I’m here hyung. You’re joining too, huh?”

“Hahaaa. Of course, I think most of us will be joining that competition.” He said.

‘Us’ he said is referred to the member of this dancing club. Me, Shindong hyung, and mostly many of the other dance faculty student is the member of this club. Actually the dance faculty student like me, don’t need to take this club to practice dance because we already have our own practice room. But, the reason I took this club is because the member in this club not just from dance faculty, there’re many of them that from the other faculty like music, drama, or even engineering and medical. And some of them even have a good quality dance. And it’s fun. Because in this club, we practice together and sharing some technique and having fun together. And sometimes we even hold our inner club competition.

 About dance competition that Shindong hyung talked about is the competition which held by the other university. And it can be said as the almost-national dance competition. For people like me, it’s really interesting, because in that kind of competition we can learn many things. Plus, there’s a prize for the winner. Plus it can show you how good is your own dance ability.

“Hyung, what if we join as a team. It would be great, right? And we can ask someone else to join our group to make it better. What do you think?” I asked him.

He looks like thinking. “Well, I think it’s fun. Because honestly dance alone in that huge competition is kinda burden.”

 And that way, Shindong hyung and I form a team. We talking each other about out plan with the choreo when the others come one by one and the practice room is already become noisy and full of people warming up.

I walking around and talk to some of my friend when I see someone I’ve never seen before in this club. The fact is I know all the member, so I’m sure that he is a newbie here. I walk to him and greet, “Hi, are you new here?”

He seems a bit lost. And looks like he is thinking hard when then he say, “Yes. I’m new here. M-my name is Hangeng. I’m a s-scholarship student from Chinese. Sorry if I’m not talking well.”

Oh. A scholarship student. “So, what faculty you attend to?” I asked him.

“I’m from dance faculty and someone recommend me to join this club. Uhm- and what is your name?”

“Oh, sorry. My name is Won Bin” I said jokingly. I think he would believe me. “I’m from dance faculty too. Whoaaa, than your dance must be awesome if you could get the scholarship.”

“Mmm- not really. My dance just so-so. I think you are better that me, Won Bin-ssi.”

And I laughed hard when he called me as Won Bin. Omo, poor him. But I want to lie to him a lil bit longer, because it obvious that he doesn’t know that Won Bin is a super duper big star in Korea. Hahhaaaa. I laughed till my eyes get teary.

“Hahahaa. I’m not that good too. What if you warming up and we will dance together then?” I suggest him while still trying to calm down my laugh. He seems confused when I’m laughing, but don’t ask anything and start to warming up.

I am still talking while sitting with Shindong hyung, when our eyes looked up at Hangeng. He is dancing full of concentration. His dance really GOOD! And earlier he said that he dance is just so-so?! What theee?! That’s definitely not a so-so dance.

When Hangeng stop his dance, I’m looking around and I can see that it was not just me who impressed by his dance. Shindong hyung stand up beside me and walk over to Hangeng.

 I’m looking around again when I see him.

HIM! He is here. Looking into our practice room with his friend and looks a lil bit annoyed. What is he doing here? Watching our club dancing? But, why?

And then he looking at me, for the second time. He seems acknowledge me know. And just like the last time, we just stay looking at each other. And I snapped back when Shindong hyung calls me and tells me to come to him. I disconnecting my eye contact with him and walk to Shindong hyung and Hangeng.

“You know. Hangeng already agree to join our team in the dance competition. You saw him dance earlier, right? He is good. Oh! I haven’t introduce the both of you. Well, Hangeng-ssi this is,” Shindong hyung being cutted by Hangeng, “Yes, I’ve known him. He is Won Bin-ssi.” and he smile at me.

Shindong hyung silent for a while and then hit my head jokingly. “Yaaa! How could you lied to our new friend!” he said to me. “No. Hangeng-ssi, his name is Won Bin. His name is Eunhyuk. I think he was dreaming when he told you his name earlier. He is definitely not Won Bin.”

I just smile sheepishly, feeling sorry toward Hangeng. “I’m sorry earlier I was lied to you. My real name is Eunhyuk.” Hangeng seems a bit confused but he just smile at me then.

“Hey, what about you show him about our choreo you’ve practiced before I arrived, Hyuk-ah. So we can start to make our choreo together.” Shindong hyung said to me.

I nod. And take a glance to the door. He still there. He still looking at me. And my heart bit faster again.

I started the music. Keep myself calm. He is here. I will show him what I’m capable of. And then I start dancing.

----------------

When I finished dancing, I can hear some people clap for me. But my intention just about to find him again. I’m looking at the door, and the feel of disappoint hit me. He is not there. At the door, it just his friend. I sigh. He is gone. Again.

“…..and Hangeng-ssi, what if we put a little comic dance.” I heard Shindong hyung talk to Hangeng. And then he dance Hyuna’s bubble pop vigorously with his serious expression which make it more hilariously funny. I laughed so hard with Hangeng.

Seriously, Shindong hyung’s comic dance is the best. I even can forget my disappointment because ‘he’ was not watched me dance for a while, and laugh wholeheartedly.

I will meet him again, right?

 

 

 

a/n: I have an exam tomorrow, so yupp I'm sorry can't update much..

but, comments are love ^^

-dybquerida-