Chapter 11

push and pull..?

Donghae’s pov

I ran as I knew I had been late to meet him.

Blame the professor for being so late to end the class.

I stopped and catch my breath as I finally saw him sat under the tree, closed his eyes, and seemed so peaceful.

I smiled. The monkey surely liked to be around the tree, huh?

I walked slowly toward him and smacked his head gently.

He snapped open his eyes and looked at me. Then he gave me the his cute gummy smile which I like so much.

“Hey” I said as sat beside him.

“Mmhmm” he mumbled as his eyes stared at me intensely which is a thing he did frequently to me which is always make my heart skip a beat.

I mean, whenever he stared at me like that, I always wonder what in his head at the time that makes him can have that look toward me. The intense unread gaze.

I asked him to have a meal before practice. And he said “O-oh. Okay. Sure. I’m hungry as hell too. Thanks too particular person who’ve made me waiting here” before he made a pout.

Hey, it’s not my intention to be late! But, his sentence already made me so guilty.

“I am sorry. But it was the professor who late ending the class” I tried to explain to him. Ugh, that professor! I pout and heard him chuckled.

He pressed his finger on my pout which sent electrify through my lips and made me froze. I couldn’t even register what he said next; guess my brain not functioned normally.

The time his finger removed from my lips, I let out my breath which I just realized that I had been held it for a while.

He stood up and I followed him.

“Let’s go!” he said as he smiled to me. Oh really, have I told you that I like his smile at most? And eventually, his smile just made my mood better.

I walked with him to parking lot while humming some random note. Suddenly I could feel his arms around my shoulder. Yup, that’s showed you all how brotherly we are.

Me and hyukie hyukjae already this close. And well, as an introvert person I am, I think my friendship with hyukjae is considered as an instant process. I guess we just ‘click’ with each other.

Lately we hung out a lot, we talked a lot, and I did enjoy my times with him. And my times with him means every day, thanks to heechul hyung who’ve made me a co-manager of hyukjae’s dance team.

As heechul hyung didn’t do anything particular as a main-manager beside he rented a practice room and pestering hangeng hyung, I had this kind of feeling that I need to do something helping for team and that’s what I did.

Last night I didn’t sleep enough as I did the finishing the song for the dance. I need to make sure that I did a great job with the song as the team’s dance already great. Well, nothing to say, they’re Lee Hyukjae, Hangeng, and Shindong Hee after all. The dance is mind-blowing.

Speaking about dance, I still found it so charming every time I saw hyukjae dance. I couldn’t help but being focused when he dance. Hyukjae may be an easy going person and like to joke around, but when it’s the time to dance he changed. He would head over heel serious and I found it so charismatic. And he definitely the best dancer I ever know so far. That did explain why he could be the dance club’s captain even though he still a first year student just like me. I guess I should register to hyukjae’s fan club which is really exist. Haha.

Mmmm, back to current time, he just put my helmet on me.

He did pampering me sometimes which I couldn’t and wouldn’t protest. As a clingy and skin ship lover person I am (I just found out that fact though), I always like his caring side.  Adorable, isn’t he?

Okay, why did I sound so fanboying over him?  Well, he is my friend though.

---------------

“What you want to eat?” he asked me as we looked up to the menu.

“As usual” I said to him and he called the waitress.

“We order one portion of kimchi fried rice, and for me mmmm japchae, two strawberry milk, and Hae do you want ice cream?”

Of course! I nod vigorously.

“And one chocolate-strawberry ice cream for dessert” he said as he gave the menu to the waitress.

“Strawberry freak” I said jokingly to him. But seriously, he really is a strawberry freak.

He grinned and shrugged, “It tasty. And I am not as freaky as your obsession toward Nemo.”

I glared at him. “Hey, he is cute! Nemo is the cutest thing ever, you know. Tell me what or who that cuter than my Nemo?”

Errr, ‘my Nemo’? Seriously Hae??? You just gave hyukjae one more reason to call you as Nemo freaker. I puffed my cheek.

“You.” He said, surprised me.

I thought he just joking and he would outburst soon but he didn’t. Strangely, he looked somehow genuine even with his playful smile plastered on his face. But, he couldn’t be serious when he said I’m cuter than Nemo, right?

Nemo is cutest!!

“You are cuter than Nemo though. And stop puffing your cheek. You don’t want me to be obsessed of you like how you obsessed of Nemo, right?”

Then, he chuckled and I smiled. Of course he was joking. Why he would be obsessed by me though?

And Nemo still the cutest.

“Ya!!!” I kicked his leg under the table and he winched. “I know I am cute, lovable, and irresistible. You can’t help but being obsessed of me, believe me” I said as I laughed.

“Mmhmm. But judging by how you practically get starstruck syndrome every time you see me dance, I bet you are pretty much my fans huh?” he asked while grinned.

How could he said something like that by himself? That narcissistic monkey!

“Of course, No! Okay, I admit you are a good dancer and I did give you my intention every time you dance. But it was all just because I was being considered.” I said as I tried to act serious.

“Considered?” he asked, raising his brows.

“Yup! As hangeng hyung has his own 24/7 loyal glue-like fan named so-very-called-as-hangeng’s-soon-to-be-boyfriend-heechul hyung, and shindong hyung has nari noona, and you have no one as a lonely monkey you are. So, I was being considered for you and gave you my intention as a good friend I am.” I grinned as he seemed still proceeding my last sentence.

“Soooo, are you just said that because hangeng hyung has heechul hyung and shindong hyung has nari noona, so you as mine instead because you’re being considered for my loneliness?”

“To be called as yours is kind of extreme, but sort of, yes. As a good guy and good friend I am” I said and I could see he immediately gave me his radiant gummy smile complete with his half-moon smiling eyes.

“If that’s the case, why you don’t just be my boyfriend as well? So we can be all lovey-dovey and such.”

Uh, what did he just said? DID HE JUST KIND OF ASK ME TO BE HIS BOYFRIEND??????

IS HE SERIOUS? He can’t be serious, right?

Yup, he can’t be serious.

Of course he can’t be serious.

With hyukjae still in gummy-smile mode and I know how playful he is, I am sure he did ask me to be his boyfriend was all in joking purpose.

Let see. I guess I would play along with his joke.

That’s why I said, “Sure! So, as your boyfriend, can I call you as Hyukie now?” I said as I gave him my sweetest smile, tried to prevent my laugh as I saw him completely in dazed.

 

Hyukjae’s pov.

OOOOOH GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

a.n:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA.. >w<
Oh, BTW, Super Junior won 3 awards last night in MAMA.. Kyaaaaaa..
I am so happy and proud.. *ELF group big hug*

and did you see the VCR when Donghae almost kissed the girl but he stopped because Hyukjae was watcing them.. I laughed out loud because of that scene.. Eunhae always there for us and gave us something to squeal about right? hha
and there're some KyuMin moments too..
lately kyumin moments spotted more, oh I am so darn missed their moment (I am a kyumin shipper too, FYI)..
aaaaah,, overall I am happy..